The battle of Brexit!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Freyr View Post
    The fundamentals in the British economy are actually doing ok and are proving to be extremely robust. The Chaos is purely at the Political level. Which is now bordering on insane. The EU are clearly pushing the British parliament to hold a second referendum. Which will only increase the vote for a no deal Brexit. The dip in GDP was a consequence of business's buying in the first quarter more than they required to mitigate the March leaving date. Those stocks have now been run down giving the figures the false perception of a downturn..
    Correct. But all the brexitists were screaming that the uplift in the March figures were a vindication of no deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by zara View Post
      Correct. But all the brexitists were screaming that the uplift in the March figures were a vindication of no deal.
      The UK economy as whole is in limbo and has been for 3 years. This is due to political will or lack of it. Once people come to their senses, a deal will be made, this could happen either side of the departure. Its irrelevant who will hurt most, all will suffer for the political stupidity of people following their own agenda. Democracy has to win at the end of the day otherwise you just have a dictatorship, Maybe the EU are happy with that?

Comment

The UK economy as whole is in limbo and has been for 3 years. This is due to political will or lack of it. Once people come to their senses, a deal will be made, this could happen either side of the departure. Its irrelevant who will hurt most, all will suffer for the political stupidity of people following their own agenda. Democracy has to win at the end of the day otherwise you just have a dictatorship, Maybe the EU are happy with that?
        It is more to do with businesses leaving the UK and the general uncertainty caused by Brexit. But according to you presumably Germany where the economy slowed to -0.1% suffers the same "political stupidity" which also accounts for the bond rate inversion.

Comment

• Originally posted by snapper View Post
          It is more to do with businesses leaving the UK and the general uncertainty caused by Brexit. But according to you presumably Germany where the economy slowed to -0.1% suffers the same "political stupidity" which also accounts for the bond rate inversion.
          I think there are many reasons why the German economy is slowing. Not least their heavy investment into Diesel and their various manufacturing companies carrying out blatant fraud in America. China's economy slowing. Brexit doesn't need to be a problem for Germany, that's a choice the Germans will have to make.

Comment

• https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...-boris-johnson

Comment

I think there are many reasons why the German economy is slowing. Not least their heavy investment into Diesel and their various manufacturing companies carrying out blatant fraud in America. China's economy slowing. Brexit doesn't need to be a problem for Germany, that's a choice the Germans will have to make.
              What? I have no idea what the hell you are on or talking about.

Comment

What? I have no idea what the hell you are on or talking about.
                And yet I understand you completely. You'd rather take it up the Jacksy as against normal routes.......,?

Comment

• I heard a lot of British people started to buy real estate in Athens here to be able to get residency in Geece and later to get official passport.

Comment

And yet I understand you completely. You'd rather take it up the Jacksy as against normal routes.......,?
                    More meaningless nonsense. If you meant that German car companies are investing in diesel cars you would be wrong as most European countries are setting time limits on the use of petrol and diesel cars before the introduction of electric transport so all the main car companies are investing in electrical car development.

A no deal Brexit will certainly hurt Germany but not half as much as it would hurt the UK. Nor does the Johnson government, elected by 0.13 of the people have any mandate to go forward with a no deal Brexit as every Brexit campaigner - even Farage - argued that a deal with the EU would be the "easiest deal iin history." Nobody voted for a no deal Brexit and judging by documents leaked in the papers yesterday (Operation Yellowhammer) it would result in food and medicine shortages.

The latest brainwave of this new bunch of idiots is Priti Patel, who is of Ugandan Indian descent and the daughter of migrants, the new Home Secretary, to ban freedom of movement on October 31st. So there goes tourism and all the English language schools.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ramenko View Post
                      I heard a lot of British people started to buy real estate in Athens here to be able to get residency in Geece and later to get official passport.
                      While I am a greater lover of Hellas in general you could not pay me to live in Athens. Whenever I used to arrive in Athena it was a taxi to Piraeus and take the first boat out.

Comment

While I am a greater lover of Hellas in general you could not pay me to live in Athens. Whenever I used to arrive in Athena it was a taxi to Piraeus and take the first boat out.
                        I agree with that, Athens is an awful place and not an accurate picture of Greece.

Comment

More meaningless nonsense. If you meant that German car companies are investing in diesel cars you would be wrong as most European countries are setting time limits on the use of petrol and diesel cars before the introduction of electric transport so all the main car companies are investing in electrical car development.

A no deal Brexit will certainly hurt Germany but not half as much as it would hurt the UK. Nor does the Johnson government, elected by 0.13 of the people have any mandate to go forward with a no deal Brexit as every Brexit campaigner - even Farage - argued that a deal with the EU would be the "easiest deal iin history." Nobody voted for a no deal Brexit and judging by documents leaked in the papers yesterday (Operation Yellowhammer) it would result in food and medicine shortages.

The latest brainwave of this new bunch of idiots is Priti Patel, who is of Ugandan Indian descent and the daughter of migrants, the new Home Secretary, to ban freedom of movement on October 31st. So there goes tourism and all the English language schools.
                          To MY knowledge the Americans are as of yet to fine VW. When they do, its not going to be pretty!

Only somebody with no Engineering background would think that Electric is about to take over any time soon from Diesel. Yes to a certain extent with short journey vehicles. No with regard to major haulage, Agricultural machinery and Shipping. In other words anything that does the heavy lifting will remain driven by Fossil fuels for the foreseeable future.. Not enough torque!

As far as I'm aware the UK wants a deal, has always wanted a deal, joined the EEC in a trade deal which the British people voted for. But will not have their countries sovereignty played around with by a bunch of unelected Technocrats. So the Back stop needs to go and will do very shortly when certain people start listening and stop being condescending. Quite frankly I'm surprised Billyliar, Brown and Major should be tried for Treason against the State!

By the way Priti Patel is of Indian Gujarat origin and came to The UK via Uganda due to the antics of Idi Amin and her parents were British passport holders as many were, so what?

Comment

To MY knowledge the Americans are as of yet to fine VW. When they do, its not going to be pretty!

Only somebody with no Engineering background would think that Electric is about to take over any time soon from Diesel. Yes to a certain extent with short journey vehicles. No with regard to major haulage, Agricultural machinery and Shipping. In other words anything that does the heavy lifting will remain driven by Fossil fuels for the foreseeable future.. Not enough torque!

Sweden, Denmark and Norway have set time limits on fossil fuel car sales: https://www.motoringresearch.com/car...l-diesel-cars/ some German states has legislation coming.

Originally posted by Freyr View Post
                            As far as I'm aware the UK wants a deal, has always wanted a deal, joined the EEC in a trade deal which the British people voted for. But will not have their countries sovereignty played around with by a bunch of unelected Technocrats. So the Back stop needs to go and will do very shortly when certain people start listening and stop being condescending. Quite frankly I'm surprised Billyliar, Brown and Major should be tried for Treason against the State!
                            You do not seem to understand the contradiction: You cannot have free trade in one part of the UK (Northern Ireland) and not on the Channel. It's either or but both is a contradiction.

Originally posted by Freyr View Post
                            By the way Priti Patel is of Indian Gujarat origin and came to The UK via Uganda due to the antics of Idi Amin and her parents were British passport holders as many were, so what?
                            To be precise her parents came from Uganda which makes her an Ugandan Indian.

Comment

• [QUOTE=snapper;1057236]
                              Sweden, Denmark and Norway have set time limits on fossil fuel car sales: https://www.motoringresearch.com/car...l-diesel-cars/ some German states has legislation coming.
                              Yes because they have the transport infrastructure in place to cope, or maybe they will have. No such figures for Agriculture, Shipping and haulage though

You do not seem to understand the contradiction: You cannot have free trade in one part of the UK (Northern Ireland) and not on the Channel. It's either or but both is a contradiction.
                              I understand that the EU is inflexible if that is its approach, Why don't they make it the English channel if they care so much for Irelands well being? Economically it would make more sense for Ireland.

To be precise her parents came from Uganda which makes her an Ugandan Indian.
                              They were British subjects that became British Citizens, Priti Patel was born in London and so is British!

Comment

Yes because they have the transport infrastructure in place to cope, or maybe they will have. No such figures for Agriculture, Shipping and haulage though
                                There are already solar powered ships.

Originally posted by snapper View Post
                                I understand that the EU is inflexible if that is its approach, Why don't they make it the English channel if they care so much for Irelands well being? Economically it would make more sense for Ireland.
                                Because the UK wishes to 'leave' on the Channel but not in Ireland which is a contradiction. It is not EU 'inflexibility' it is the contradiction in the UKs desired outcome.

Originally posted by snapper View Post
                                They were British subjects that became British Citizens, Priti Patel was born in London and so is British!
                                I never said she was not British - merely that she proposes to ban people like her parents from entering the UK as well as millions of tourists and students.

Comment

Working...
                                X