The battle of Brexit!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by snapper View Post
    Yes because they have the transport infrastructure in place to cope, or maybe they will have. No such figures for Agriculture, Shipping and haulage though
    There are already solar powered ships.

Originally posted by snapper View Post
    I understand that the EU is inflexible if that is its approach, Why don't they make it the English channel if they care so much for Irelands well being? Economically it would make more sense for Ireland.
    Because the UK wishes to 'leave' on the Channel but not in Ireland which is a contradiction. It is not EU 'inflexibility' it is the contradiction in the UKs desired outcome.

Originally posted by snapper View Post
    They were British subjects that became British Citizens, Priti Patel was born in London and so is British!
    I never said she was not British - merely that she proposes to ban people like her parents from entering the UK as well as millions of tourists and students.

Comment

More meaningless nonsense. If you meant that German car companies are investing in diesel cars you would be wrong as most European countries are setting time limits on the use of petrol and diesel cars before the introduction of electric transport so all the main car companies are investing in electrical car development.
      Please, German car manufacturers are investing into developing electric cars because they can make a load of money with that. Consequently all such development is also focused on a mid- to high-tier price section btw. 30 grand and upwards, intended as a second or third car for the household; priced in accordance with diesel models in that section to accomodate customer pockets, but with far lower specs for that price of course. Can't leave that market to Tesla after all.

By market analysis from e.g. BMW diesel will not lose its market share in Germany in the next five years either (... and that's 48% at the moment, thanks to the heavy subsidization of diesel by the government). What the electric cars - and hybrids - are cutting into market-share-wise are gasoline-powered cars. Since those are considerably cheaper being able to sell the customer a higher-priced electric model means higher turnover for BMW. Pretty simple.

Comment

There are already solar powered ships.
        Thats not the issue. Anything bigger than a car and forget it. Diesel is the ultimate for work machinery. It'll be a long time before its replaced....

Just to expand a little. DC electric has more Torque if you can sustain the supply, which is fine if you are plugged into the National grid of your respective country But portable power supplies or Batteries only last so long at present and that is the issue with anything bigger than a car. especially if its working in a remote environment. One day that will happen...but not for decades

Because the UK wishes to 'leave' on the Channel but not in Ireland which is a contradiction. It is not EU 'inflexibility' it is the contradiction in the UKs desired outcome.
        I would dearly love to see you argue that one out with an Ulster Unionist. You might need some form of protection

I never said she was not British - merely that she proposes to ban people like her parents from entering the UK as well as millions of tourists and students
        Wrong again, Controlling the flow of immigration is not stopping the flow.
        Last edited by Freyr; 20 Aug 19,, 19:04.

Comment

• Bring on Brexit! Bring on cheap booze!
          Winner winner chicken dinner!!!!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...d-October.html

Comment

Comment

Comment

• Originally posted by Freyr View Post
                Thats not the issue. Anything bigger than a car and forget it. Diesel is the ultimate for work machinery. It'll be a long time before its replaced....
                There already ships far larger than cars powered by solar. You may have forgotten that sailing ships also worked without diesel. My own yacht is bigger than a car.

Originally posted by Freyr View Post
                I would dearly love to see you argue that one out with an Ulster Unionist. You might need some form of protection
                Ulster voted to remain in the EU.

Wrong again, Controlling the flow of immigration is not stopping the flow.
                Illegally? Don't be so idiotic - they will just come via Northern Ireland.

Comment

There already ships far larger than cars powered by solar. You may have forgotten that sailing ships also worked without diesel. My own yacht is bigger than a car.
                  Yeh and none of them are industrial Fishing vessels, or cargo ships or anything doing anything serious. Just a bunch of spoilt middle class toffs with too much money pretending to save the planet for a few days before returning to normality, Nearly crashed into one the other week,They were all below deck with auto pilot on. All that money and no brains!

Ulster voted to remain in the EU
                  But the UK didn't, You are in effect taking N. Ireland out of the UK with the back stop which is why its was rejected in parliament. UK have said repeatedly they will not impose a hard border in Ireland and will carry out checks elsewhere, that includes movement of people

Illegally? Don't be so idiotic - they will just come via Northern Ireland
                  You seem to have a hard time understanding English. Brexit isn't about stopping immigration, its about returning back to a sane form of immigration which is controlled. As against a ludicrous policy of anybody can just walk in. Free movement just undermines the low paid economy

Comment

Yeh and none of them are industrial Fishing vessels, or cargo ships or anything doing anything serious. Just a bunch of spoilt middle class toffs with too much money pretending to save the planet for a few days before returning to normality, Nearly crashed into one the other week,They were all below deck with auto pilot on. All that money and no brains!
                    By the rules of the sea a ship under steam is obliged to give way to ship (or yacht) under sail. In shipping lanes such as the English Channel that I used to sail when I was young that obviously becomes a debate about who is bigger and it was never us. But if you had hit a sailing vessel the court would hold you responsible. And for sure on my yacht we like to be as green as possible - feed the fishies our poo and have solar panels and under hull hydro turbine to charge lithium batteries. Why not? It's free! I bought her cheap and could afford the restoration so installing the hydro on the underside of the hull and the solar panels from the stern was a simple decision of saving generator time, noise and fuel cost.

But the UK didn't, You are in effect taking N. Ireland out of the UK with the back stop which is why its was rejected in parliament. UK have said repeatedly they will not impose a hard border in Ireland and will carry out checks elsewhere, that includes movement of people
                    The DUP is not representing the people of Northern Ireland.

You seem to have a hard time understanding English. Brexit isn't about stopping immigration, its about returning back to a sane form of immigration which is controlled. As against a ludicrous policy of anybody can just walk in. Free movement just undermines the low paid economy
                    So why was Farage going on about immigration all the time? Why is Pritti Patel threatening to close down free movement from October 31st. Do not lie 'Brexit' was mostly about "them damn foreigners taking our jobs and council homes" etc - overtly racist at times.

Comment

By the rules of the sea a ship under steam is obliged to give way to ship (or yacht) under sail. In shipping lanes such as the English Channel that I used to sail when I was young that obviously becomes a debate about who is bigger and it was never us. But if you had hit a sailing vessel the court would hold you responsible. And for sure on my yacht we like to be as green as possible - feed the fishies our poo and have solar panels and under hull hydro turbine to charge lithium batteries. Why not? It's free! I bought her cheap and could afford the restoration so installing the hydro on the underside of the hull and the solar panels from the stern was a simple decision of saving generator time, noise and fuel cost.
                      Something to help you navigate correctly. safe with the knowledge that your life is in your hands
                      https://www.ukpandi.com/fileadmin/up...essels_web.pdf

The DUP is not representing the people of Northern Ireland.
                      Well done, just a significant amount to cause a small dilema!

So why was Farage going on about immigration all the time? Why is Pritti Patel threatening to close down free movement from October 31st. Do not lie 'Brexit' was mostly about "them damn foreigners taking our jobs and council homes" etc - overtly racist at times.
                      I already answered the question, Pritti and Farage are only 2 people and not representative, neither are indigenous either.

Comment

Something to help you navigate correctly. safe with the knowledge that your life is in your hands
                        It's simple - you are obliged by law to give way to sail. Your net gets caught on my keel - your problem. I am cutting your net and will charge you if it has fouled my propeller or rudder.

Well done, just a significant amount to cause a small dilema!
                        *dilemna in English.

I already answered the question, Pritti and Farage are only 2 people and not representative, neither are indigenous either.
                        Pritti Patel is the Home Secretary - the whole thing was about immigration and do not lie about it.

It now seems however that Boris Johnson has gone full dictatorial mode and "advised" the Queen to prorogue Parliament - that is end the current session of Parliament that stops it from sitting or debating - next month, shortly after the MPs return from holiday. This was the idea first thought of by Dominic Raab(id) during the Conservative Party Leadership election that I mentioned in this thread a while ago. The Queen, because she is obliged to "take advice from the PM" has therefore given her consent. It is disgraceful to me a former subject of Queen Elizabeth 2 that this profoundly egotistic and unscrupulous PM has roped the Monarchy into saving his political career. This will also be the longest proroguation in history since Edward lll died in 1480 something at Bosworth.

So here is the timetable of when the HoC is now permitted to sit; they return on the 3rd and Parliament will be prorogued for the 9th until a new Queen's Speech is delivered on 14 October - bear in mind that if Parliament cannot pass any binding vote that Boris and Co are legally obliged to obey the UK leaves the EU on October 31st by legal default with no deal and future trade talks not committed to.

The 'will of the people' it seems to Boris has nothing to do with the oversight and sovereignty of Parliament that they told you Brexit was meant to restore. Some senior Conservatives - including Philip Hammond - have denounced this move. Comrade Corbyn says it is "an affront to democracy", even the Speaker Bercow has apparently said "I have had no contact from the government, but if the reports that it is seeking to prorogue parliament are confirmed, this move represents a constitutional outrage."

Worse still I have rumours - which time may prove correct or incorrect - that should a vote of no confidence be lost they will not recommend an alternative person to try to form a Government to the Queen. In short they will refuse to quit when voted out in the House.

The democratic arguement for 'brexit' has just left the room - Boris, elected by the remaining 0.13% of British people that still have Conservative and Unionist Party membership, in the cause of restoring the 'sovereignty of Parliament', now is stopping Parliament debating, representing their constituents or derailing his political wannabe career. Bugger democracy - it's all about the "will of the people" as it is 'truly known' only to Dear Leader. Thus said every tyrant in history.

This marks possibly the end of the Conservative and Unionist Party possibly as a whole but certainly as any responsible political force in British politics. And guess what? All the new Cabinet Ministers - Gove, Amber Rudd, Matt Hancock, who previously spoke out against proroguing Parliament - Gove in the Leadership election - now think it is fine! For deeper Tory fallout see this article;
                        https://www.standard.co.uk/news/poli...-a4223966.html
                        The current Editor of the Evening Standard being none other than George Osbourne, the former Chancellor of the Exchequer in the Cameron Government(s). The Party has gone the same way as the US Republican Party and can no longer be trusted or believed. My Nan would weep.

Of course it is clear that this done to prevent Parliament blocking a 'no deal Brexit'. Consider this; the current British Government (with a majority of 1 when combined with the DUP) - it's stated position is that it wants a "better deal" than that Theresa May offered with the EU and that Parliament rejected three times. To ratify any 'better deal' they may in an unlikely future get with the EU they need the House of Commons to sit and debate it. But they are now stopping the Parliament debating anything. It seems to me that the strategy (if it can be called that) is to get out of the EU with no deal on October 31st and then call an election hoping enough of the Farage mob of the Brexit Party and the remains of UKIP nuts (and Muscovite bots and money) help them save their political careers while democracy, the economy and the country go to pot.

Comment

• Pritti ? lol, is that how she spells it.

Preety is how its spelt on this side

Meanwhile as the UK parliament just got suspended for a month i take it everyone is ok with that ?

: O

I thought the idea was to take every one along.

How do you do that by suspending parliament !!

Time was the other side was getting slammed for being undemocratic.

9 days to debate what could not in three years.
                          Last edited by Double Edge; 29 Aug 19,, 23:44.

Comment

• Comment

• Meanwhile as the UK parliament just got suspended for a month i take it everyone is ok with that

If it helps bring on the Brexit that a majority of the British people voted for and ends 3 years of mucking about then hell yeah!

Comment

• Some body asked your defense minsiter how often this prorogue-ing business happens in the UK

His reply ? ever year

What !

Comment

Working...
                                X