The battle of Brexit!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by snapper View Post
    Certainly not for me as I am now an Anglo Polish citizen of Ukraine. Nothing to do with Germany for better or worse. I did however grow up and receive my education in Her Majesty's realm and so know the language and sayings somewhat better than you it seems.
    Odd then that you address me in a Russian saying that has nothing to do with me for better or worse but I figured if you could do that I could recipricate by adreessing you with a German saying. I did not grow up or recieve my education in Her Majesty's realm.

Comment

• You are free to your views and the reasons why you might hold them; I may disagree with them but would die for your right to state them. In this case I simply do not understand the reason why you might support Brexit and it is that which puzzles me seeing as you say you neither grew or were educated in the UK let alone worked for Her Majesty's Government in any way. Seeing as I am aware that Moscow actively supports Brexit I must wonder if you follow that motivation?

Yes I speak pretty good Muscovite. I have relatives from Moscow living in my home in Ukraine and live in Ukraine - my Muscovite is probably better than my Ukrainian though French was my first language, English my second then Latin and Classical Greek and the Slavic languages at home and experiences living in numerous slavic countries and Armenia (Hayastan). I'm afraid I am not German at all though and vehemently disapprove of their North Stream 2 project which is itself contrary to all their proclaimed ideals of 'European Unity'.

Comment

• You are free to your views and the reasons why you might hold them; I may disagree with them but would die for your right to state them. In this case I simply do not understand the reason why you might support Brexit and it is that which puzzles me seeing as you say you neither grew or were educated in the UK let alone worked for Her Majesty's Government in any way. Seeing as I am aware that Moscow actively supports Brexit I must wonder if you follow that motivation?

Yes I speak pretty good Muscovite. I have relatives from Moscow living in my home in Ukraine and live in Ukraine - my Muscovite is probably better than my Ukrainian though French was my first language, English my second then Latin and Classical Greek and the Slavic languages at home and experiences living in numerous slavic countries and Armenia (Hayastan). I'm afraid I am not German at all though and vehemently disapprove of their North Stream 2 project which is itself contrary to all their proclaimed ideals of 'European Unity'.

Comment

You are free to your views and the reasons why you might hold them; I may disagree with them but would die for your right to state them. In this case I simply do not understand the reason why you might support Brexit and it is that which puzzles me seeing as you say you neither grew or were educated in the UK let alone worked for Her Majesty's Government in any way. Seeing as I am aware that Moscow actively supports Brexit I must wonder if you follow that motivation?

My motivation has nothing specific to do with Russia. I am from Sweden and we have a nose full of this Merkelonian free-for-all. That, if nothing more, encourages my sympathy for both the Visegrád club and the rally of Brexit. But I am not so shallow to simply hop onto the first wagon just because it might seem like a "power to the people!" jolly old party. I've given it more thought than that. We in Sweden were railroaded into joining the EU in the first place and now Bruxelles is shoving rocks down our throat. Do you want the sanitized version or my own personal conspiratorial one?

Comment

• Not a Rurikid by any chance? The first Princes/Kings of Kyiv came from Sweden...

I am not conversant with the Swedish joining of the EU at all I am afraid - will look it up. I am no EU fan myself - in the past I have been the foremost critic in this forum - but I do know the 'Brexit referendum' was based on lies, influenced by Muscovite social media lies, the funding of which is currently a criminal investigation. Nor did anyone stipulate what "leave" meant, whether it meant remaining in the free trade area (but losing a vote on it's rules) or not; nor was the Northern Irish border problem ever mentioned as far as I observed it. When it is obvious that the referendum was based on lies, dodgy money (probably from Muscovy) and a Muscovite social media campaign and that the British people will end up poorer and have less influence in on the neighbouring continent my common sense says it is not wise to shoot yourself in the foot by going through with it.

Comment

• British news tonight: 3500 troops under standby;

Shirley must be wrong?

Comment

• I guess if another referendum is dead, then the remainers in parliament will probably hold their noses and vote for Mays deal.

It's not great, but at least it will prevent a border in Ireland.

There will then be two years of transition, (possible to extend) to negotiate our way back into the single market and Remain can live to fight another day.

It's got to be about damage limitation now and preventing a no deal exit.

Comment

Not a Rurikid by any chance? The first Princes/Kings of Kyiv came from Sweden...
                  No, we are of the present day Bernadotte, Napoleonic French General cum King of Sweden. As history has it, Swedish POW officers were treated so well by their captor (Bernadotte) that when the last male offspring of royal lineage died Bernadotte was offered the Swedish throne, hence the Bernadotte Royal family to this day.

Originally posted by snapper View Post
                  I am not conversant with the Swedish joining of the EU at all I am afraid - will look it up. I am no EU fan myself -
                  Sweden's superior, modern-day success story was championed by our beloved PM Olaf Palme whose life was cut short by an assassin's bullet in 1986. The gunman (whose identity is still unknown) was almost certainly employed by the CIA. With no one of any worth at all to carry on the work that Olaf Palme created we became beached and soon after joined the EU. Since that moment we have been slowly sinking into the brown stuff and we are now up to our necks in it.

... the 'Brexit referendum' was based on lies, influenced by Muscovite social media lies ... is obvious that the referendum was based on lies, dodgy money (probably from Muscovy) and a Muscovite social media campaign ...
                  Rubbish.

Britain be being held hostage by NATO and to a lesser degree (I presume) by the EU. Any growing pains the UK might (or certainly will) experience must be endured and overcome just as escapees from the dungeon must adapt to sunlight.

Comment

British news tonight: 3500 troops under standby;
                    Shirley must be wrong?
                    There are tens of thousands of WMD's strewn about the Iraki desert and Britain is going to be cut from it's mooring and drift out to sea, there to languish beneath the dead-calm sun to die of starvation! Let's get Stanley Motss in here to film it again in slow-motion. As long as there'll be a 40-minute car chase we'll all be satisfied.

Comment

• Originally posted by FORMBY View Post
                      Britain be being held hostage by NATO and to a lesser degree (I presume) by the EU. Any growing pains the UK might (or certainly will) experience must be endured and overcome just as escapees from the dungeon must adapt to sunlight.
                      You're joking right? You know that is an insult to many members of this forum who served in the Cold War and kept freedom alive in Western Europe? Since when has NATO responded as the Warsaw Pact did in the Hungarian Revolution of 1956 or the Praha Spring of 1968? Get real or get out.

Comment

You're joking right?
                        I am dead serious.

You know that is an insult to many members of this forum who served in the Cold War
                        I don't give a stuff if they feel insulted. I served as well during the Cold War. In fact, I am a war veteran of that period.

and kept freedom alive in Western Europe?
                        History is part of the past and that is where it belongs. I don't give a fiddler's buttocks that you might have done me a favour yesterday if you are trying to cheat me today.

Since when has NATO responded as the Warsaw Pact did in the Hungarian Revolution of 1956 or the Praha Spring of 1968?
                        How many examples do you require? Irak. Libya. Syria.

Get real or get out.
                        Getting out doesn't bother me but I am real and I am staying real. If you think my opinion is unworthy of this forum you can ask to have me removed. It's all the same to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by zara View Post
                          I guess if another referendum is dead, then the remainers in parliament will probably hold their noses and vote for Mays deal.

It's not great, but at least it will prevent a border in Ireland.
                          Yes, clearly no deal is a deterrent to get people to accept her deal.

There will then be two years of transition, (possible to extend) to negotiate our way back into the single market and Remain can live to fight another day.

It's got to be about damage limitation now and preventing a no deal exit.
                          So remain's option now is to negotiate a better deal later ? there is no chance of remain left now after Article 50 has been invoked.

Brexit is happening whether people want it or not.

Comment

I am dead serious.
                            Then you have no respect for the service of others that maintained your liberty too.

Originally posted by FORMBY View Post
                            I don't give a stuff if they feel insulted. I served as well during the Cold War. In fact, I am a war veteran of that period.
                            Strange as Sweden, where you claim to hail from, is not a NATO member.

History is part of the past and that is where it belongs. I don't give a fiddler's buttocks that you might have done me a favour yesterday if you are trying to cheat me today.

Do you have any friends? I fear you must be a lonely person if this true.

How many examples do you require? Irak. Libya. Syria.
                            Tyranny is corrupt, wrong and evil. I am not saying I would all the three the same way but I certainly believe Gaddaffi and Saddam were murdering b*stards and that Assad is war criminal. Either you believe in the international law or it is dog eats dog.

Getting out doesn't bother me but I am real and I am staying real. If you think my opinion is unworthy of this forum you can ask to have me removed. It's all the same to me.
                            I would never ask for you to be removed from the forum. That is perhaps the difference between us.

Comment

Then you have no respect for the service of others that maintained your liberty too.
                              The service of others? What of my own? Is it your opinion that my service and my experience should be ignored? I don’t whore myself out I can tell you.

Strange as Sweden, where you claim to hail from, is not a NATO member.
                              And what is your point? I am Swedish. I am an individual. The “liberty” you speak of in the first paragraph apparently doesn’t afford you as much of it as I have. Liberty in the freedom to serve with whom and where I chose on a voluntary basis. NATO has absolutely nothing to do with it.

Do you have any friends? I fear you must be a lonely person if this true.
                              If you really read my response you ought to have noticed that my honour of friendship isn’t hinged upon past deeds but on real-time events and reciprocal loyalty. With that in mind I can only assume that it is you who has no friends …. in the classical sense.

Tyranny is corrupt, wrong and evil. I am not saying I would all the three the same way but I certainly believe Gaddaffi and Saddam were murdering b*stards and that Assad is war criminal. Either you believe in the international law or it is dog eats dog.
                              Now you surely misrepresent your own credibility. The invasion of Irak was illegal. How many ways do you need in order to understand that? Yet you support it despite “international law” being against you? Oh dear!

I would never ask for you to be removed from the forum. That is perhaps the difference between us.
                              You make no sense. This ‘difference between us’ is in your imaginary belief that I have asked to have you removed? Perhaps it can be that your English comprehension is not really better than mine as you first suggested.

Comment

The service of others? What of my own? Is it your opinion that my service and my experience should be ignored? I don’t whore myself out I can tell you.
                                Certainly not Sir, I am just not ignorant of your doubtless honourable service record and which side you served unlike other members of this forum.

And what is your point? I am Swedish. I am an individual. The “liberty” you speak of in the first paragraph apparently doesn’t afford you as much of it as I have. Liberty in the freedom to serve with whom and where I chose on a voluntary basis. NATO has absolutely nothing to do with it.
                                My point is that if you are indeed Swedish you could not have served with the NATO forces that were the main guarantor of European liberty during the Cold War. Their vigilance won a great victory where many of the occupied Central and Eastern nations were liberated and now prosper.

If you really read my response you ought to have noticed that my honour of friendship isn’t hinged upon past deeds but on real-time events and reciprocal loyalty. With that in mind I can only assume that it is you who has no friends …. in the classical sense.
                                I did read your response; " I don't give a fiddler's buttocks that you might have done me a favour yesterday..." seems like great loyalty to me.

Now you surely misrepresent your own credibility. The invasion of Irak was illegal. How many ways do you need in order to understand that? Yet you support it despite “international law” being against you? Oh dear!
                                The Iraqi's were in constant violation of the Armistace and the breaking the no fly zones they agreed to respect after the first Gulf War. They also inhibited International Inspectors contrary to the agreements they had signed. In what sense do you construe their breach of the agreements as legitimate? By one breach alone the allies were justified to resume military operations against the murdering war criminal Saddam. International war crimes demand us to bring the perpetrators to justice and we should bring Assad to justice as well.

You make no sense. This ‘difference between us’ is in your imaginary belief that I have asked to have you removed? Perhaps it can be that your English comprehension is not really better than mine as you first suggested.
                                I assure you my English comprehension is not that rusty. I do not care if you have asked for my removal. It interested me only to consider that you thought I might request your removal and why. It never crossed my mind my friend yet it did yours. That is the difference.

Comment

Working...
                                X