No announcement yet.

The battle of Brexit!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How accurate is the Reddit geopolitics sub? This was one of the latest posts https://www.reddit.com/r/geopolitics...in_the_coming/. It's like r/ukpolitics spilled over.

Sometimes it's good, sometimes it feels like arrogant kids who cite nothing and think they're geopol experts because they read a few headlines. So Reddit in a nutshell. Sprinkle in some wumao here, troll-bots there, and it's a safe space for cynics disillusioned with everything and see conspiracies around every corner.

I think it's good to have a 2nd opinion, maybe even a backup forum. Maybe not here, because it's god-slow and noone's updated in weeks. But there's no harm in avoiding reliance on one source. Problem is, this is the only forum that shows up on the front page of Google.

Comment

• How accurate is the Reddit geopolitics sub? This was one of the latest posts https://www.reddit.com/r/geopolitics...in_the_coming/. It's like r/ukpolitics spilled over.

Sometimes it's good, sometimes it feels like arrogant kids who cite nothing and think they're geopol experts because they read a few headlines. So Reddit in a nutshell. Sprinkle in some wumao here, troll-bots there, and it's a safe space for cynics disillusioned with everything and see conspiracies around every corner.

I think it's good to have a 2nd opinion, maybe even a backup forum. Maybe not here, because it's god-slow and noone's updated in weeks. But there's no harm in avoiding reliance on one source. Problem is, this is the only forum that shows up on the front page of Google.

Comment

• That reddit discussion talks about 2/3rd of the world population to be brown with high fertility rates. Yay! Seriously, I don't think people here are interested in a reddit thread.

*Going back to making brown babies, with the help of Allah the plentiful I hope my 16th son is born healthy, wealthy and British*
        Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

• Some interesting posts on the reddit link , thanks .

And now we see el al ira cor.bins party in turmoil 8 in total have left the labour party most not pleased with his leadership and with abacus abbot on the front benches i cant blame them as shes a thick as shit nightmare along with maconnel who just slagged off W S Churchill , is he mental as well ??? ,, ,, anti semitism is being used as an excuse for walking as well as brexit ..

Thoughts guys gals ?
          Last edited by tankie; 19 Feb 19,, 15:59.

Comment

• Mad Max country deconstructing itself, one step at a time...

38 days left.

Comment

• Another one leaves and there is talk of some tories joining them , the whole european political scene is in turmoil including France and Germany , Greece and Italy are totally screwed , politicians huh dont ya just love em �� Poland and Hungary are ok tho , I wonder why as I roll my eyes , maybe because they wont accept the 4th reich policies . Merkel , Junker , Tusk , go fuck yourselves . Yes kato not long now before we start rebuilding our country without pouring our money into a totaly corrupt system , one which doesnt audit its system, accountancy doesnt seem to be a word thats used or understood , yup only a few days to go now ,,, so we are led to believe , yea right .
              Last edited by tankie; 20 Feb 19,, 11:40.

Comment

• 3 tories just left.

Bit off topic, but you hear of the IS girl who's outraged that she can't come back to Britain? And the family taking legal action to bring her back? As if she went on holiday or something. She's not even sorry that she left. Although I suppose it's better she's honest than someone a bit brighter crying crocodile tears.

Comment

• Originally posted by towncity View Post
                  3 tories just left.

Bit off topic, but you hear of the IS girl who's outraged that she can't come back to Britain? And the family taking legal action to bring her back? As if she went on holiday or something. She's not even sorry that she left. Although I suppose it's better she's honest than someone a bit brighter crying crocodile tears.
                  Ahhhhh yes miss wendy wide legs has had her citizenship revoked , good ,,,, and screw her family as well , they knew exactly what the slag was doing and encouraged her , daddy was seen at jihadi rallies and burning of flags , sod em n sod her she can go live in Holland with her hubby .

And the 3 tories who have bailed out are staunch remainers of the eu !! Bye bye you wont be missed

Comment

• Missed this due to sailing and temporarily out of touch but have caught up.

Three Tories leave the Party and join The Independent Group (apparently dubbed 'Tig' or 'Tiggies'). Total number of MPs now 11 which is more than the DUP on whom the Government relies for a majority. This means that there is a numerical possibility of a no confidence vote succeeding which would trigger a General Election.

There is much that could be said of this development. First some have compared it to the break away 'Gang of Four' (who later formed the Social Democratic Party) in 1981. They broke away from a then very left wing and ideological Labour Party under Michael Foot. Eventually 28 Labour MPs joined the SDP but the momentum died away when they made an alliance with then Liberal Party and poor election results in 1987 later led them to them merging with the Liberal Party, creating today's Liberal Democrat Party which went into coalition with David Cameron's Conservative Party in 2010. The Labour Party of course blamed the SDP "splitters" for the Thatcher Conservative victories, which in a sense was partly true as it split the anti Thatcher vote. But of course the Labour Party at the time was regarded as un - electable in any case as Michael Foot wanted to renationalise everything and re-empower the unions which had been the cause of so many problems in the 1970s, literally bringing down Ted Heath's Conservative Government. Thus the current Labour Party rightly fear a repeat of the SDP effect of the anti Tory vote being split. (BBC brief history here; https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-47280218).

Is the current Labour Party antisemetic? Well certainly 'Saint Jeremy' Corbyn, who has held talks with Hamas (and the IRA), been interviewed on Iranian TV etc.. is an unreformed 'Comrade' of the sort most prone to conspiracy theories (just as the far right are prone to exactly the same theories). There is some mysterious 'hidden hand' behind everything that is not entirely in alignment to their wishes and/or ideaology. You can pick your culprit for who the "hidden THEM!" is but the Jews are an old favourite dating back to before the First Crusade. Nor have the actions of the Israeli state in regard to the Palestinians been an entirely 'anti racist' in the eyes of the Comrades who claim to denounce racism all over. Notwithstanding that British Jews are not for the most part Israeli citizens they thus complicit and part of this 'hidden hand'. Luciana Berger has Polish - Jewish roots of old and is said to have been harassed by the Comrade Corbynistas for this reason.

One of the ways these threats and harassment occur in Britain is by the Party (or a group within the Party) threatening 'de-selection' of a sitting Member of Parliament. To understand this you have to understand that every MP (for whatever Party) is selected to stand not directly from Central Party Office (London HQ) but by their local Constituency Party selection Committee. So say in Tavistock (Devon) you will have local Party Chairmen, Secretaries etc for all the main Parties who are, in theory, almost independent but affiliated to the national Party. In theory they can select whomever they wish to stand to respresent them (and their bit of the Party in their region) in any election, local of General. This does not always run smoothly and sometimes 'quotas' are imposed by the Central Party (particularly in the Labour Party) such that a certain number of 'wimmin' or ethnic minorites must be selected. Influence is exerted more in financial terms in the Conservative Party (or was when I was a member). Then there are 'groups' within Parties; at present 'Momentum' within the Labour Party has 180 local groups and 40,000 members (according to wiki). 'Momentum' is the Corbynsta Comrades version of a previous Labour Party group called 'Militant Tendency' that was expelled by Kinnock long ago; apparently even old 'Militant' members have now been allowed to rejoin the Party (https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a8785736.html).

So one way these groups 'harass' a sitting MP (for being Jewish or perceived as a 'Blairite' etc) is they join the local Constituency Party and there campaign against the sitting MP threatening 'de-selection'. If the leadership in London is also disatisfied with the MPs voting record or 'ideology' it is almost a death sentence. The same happens in the Tory Party where the strongest 'group' at present is the Brexiteers who call themselves the "European Reform Group". Several 'remainer' Tory MPs, including one of today's defectors have I believe been forced to move houses due to threats made against them. Can you therefore blame these people who in some cases have gone into politics for the right reasons and left behind high paying careers and businesses of their own, for wishing to escape the hounding they have put up with? Sadly the harassment is likely only to increase but by breaking with their Parties they have for now broken with their local constituency party as well and do not face the threat of 'de-selection' by the local Party. Whether they are wrong or right these people, in ther current ferral atmosphere of extremist politics are brave. In effect these groups act as parties within the party; in the case of 'Momentum' with the approval of the Labour Party Leadership.

The Labour defectors that started the 'Tiggies' put out a broad centrist outline and statement; https://www.theindependent.group/statement it is possible now that three Tories have joined them that additions may be made denouncing current Governmental suicidal policies. A poll shows that if an election were held today they would get 10% of the vote - which would probably mean they all lose their seats in the first past the post system but this may rise following todays Tory defections. Still the history of the SDP and the adherence of the major Party donors (the Unions to the Labour Party, business to the Tories) suggests the 'Tiggies' are going nowhere. Indeed Theresa May may be tempted to try a snap election to strengthen the Tory Party when there are likely to be more Labour Party defectors (as well as Tories). An election now would wipe out the 'Tiggies' as well. They do not have the grass roots organisations - local constituency Parties, nor the donors to be a 'Party' as such and would in effect all have to stand as 'independents'. Nor are they, as the 'Gang of Four' were "big hitters" or ex Cabinet Ministers (apart I think from Anna Soubry who has been a junior Minister or under secretary). Roy Jenkins, one of the 'Gang of Four', had been Home Secretary and Chancellor - high Offices of State and experience that none of the 'Tiggies' can boast. On the face of it then there is little hope for them and a snap election would be the end of it.

That does not mean that their brave gesture is futile though. When the main Parties are increasingly 'ideological' against all reason whether it be the ideology of extreme Brexiteers who's lies and deceptions during the referendum are now clear (as well as their criminal funding) or the 'Back to the Future' promises of an ideologically snarling form of Trotskyism that Corbyn and his worshippers can never deliver due to real economics, there is clear room for strong centrist Party that is fiscally conservative, strong on defence and law and order, but also strong on social issues, healthcare, homelessness etc.. In the end of the day there will be a centrist realignment again as the false promises of the extremists of both the main Parties cannot be kept. Politics is not an ideology but the 'art of the possible' in the end of the day. Nor is public life supposed to be 'threatening' per se to the extent that you are harassed by your own so called colleagues and members of the same party; that is just disgraceful and prosecutions should ensue if the worst rumours are true.

Above all this stands the stark reality of Brexit and the anger and diviseness which it and current Government's total ineptitude to manage to manage the negotiations or it's own Party has caused. To be fair it is not entirely the Government's fault as their majority is non existent and their pool of talent within the Parliamentary Party very limited. Should the 'Tiggies' actually form a Party and clearly stand for a second vote on the terms of any Brexit agreement - if there is one - it is likely many others from both the main Parties may defect. Justine Greening, who Anna Soubry speaks of in the press conference, is clearly one Tory ex Minister, Yvette Cooper and other Labour anti Brexiteers are other possible high profile defectors that I would target if I were a 'Tiggie'. The Brexit issue is central to this rebellion within Parliament, it has in part caused the extremism in both the main Parties, the Corbynista's being essentially 'leavers', though for other 'ideological' reasons as the 'ERG'; one side wants a low wage tax free heavan and the other wants a form of communism. Neither is possible within the EU so both want out. Trouble is neither is beneficial either nor economically viable either as the British people are and will find out. To this extent the 'Tiggies' represent perhaps only the start of the 'realistic politics' that must inevitably follow the current 'ideological' extremism of the main parties once it is clear that either version of the 'utopias' leads to ruin. The 'Tiggies' themselves are most likely doomed, the best they could do is force a second vote on Brexit, but the centrist stance they represent is only just starting to form.

Comment

• On the Daesh girl (and child now I believe) I think she is has been illegally had her British citizenship rescinded. It is said that she could be eligible for Bangladeshi citizenship as her Mother is originally from there but if she does not currently have a Bangladeshi passport then depriving her of British citizenship is against international law.

Sure she may be misguided - but remember she was 15 when she left for Syria and may equally well have been 'groomed' and indoctrinated much the same as the young girls in wherever it was in England. She may or may not have been complicit in crimes or actually perpetrated them herself and for whatever crimes she may have committed she is accountable. She was born in the UK, she is British and turning your back on her - and her faults and possible crimes - is merely refusing to look at the failure of your own communities and education as well as possibly letting her get away with any crimes she may have committed. For justice and for responsibility she should be brought back.

Comment

• So international law dictates a country has to accept terrorists as that is what the bastard became when she left the uk to become a field mattress for isis , her hubby is Dutch , let her go live with hubby then and stay there , Javid has finally grown a pair good for him and her family should be deported as well for imo they paid for her to go unless of course school kids get paid now , she made a mistake !! Boohoo yea right , drinking cider underage behind the bike sheds is a mistake what this slag did was 100% intentional with the blessing of her daddy who was caught at jihadi rallies burning flags , deport them bastards with her , bleeding heart libturds piss me right off , ,,,,,,,,,,, awwwwww lets bring her back so she can live on benefits with her dutch hubbies bellyful of shite ,, oops no shes dropped it now huh , sooooo another one the country has to keep eh ,,, well sod that she made her bed ( and used it ) at 15 well she can stay on it ,,, sweet dreams slag .

Oh yes ps , brexshit is really showing what shite the uk has for politicians huh , democracy my arse .
                        Last edited by tankie; 22 Feb 19,, 12:09.

Comment

• Why have someone who'd left the country to join a proscribed terrorist organisation, including calling for deaths of the infidels in social media, became a subject of debate is way beyond me. Bangladesh has said they won't accept her. Why'd anyone in the UK want a terrorist back?

Talk to your Pakistani friends maybe, they are always in need of battle hardened Jihadis.
                          Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

• Because oracle the uk is the laughing stock n soft touch of the world now , thats why , but let this one sink in for all the bleeding hearts out there abd the sooner we leave the EU and close our borders and start again maki g our own laws the better the UK will be .

Dear Shamima Begum

I hear you want to come home.

Do you know who else wanted to come home? The victims of the Manchester bombing, they all wanted to go to a concert and come home.
                            They will never come home again.
                            They will never walk through the doors of their homes to greet their loved ones because a member of the terrorist group you support took their lives.
                            They lay dying wishing they were at home.

I hear you have just given birth.

Do you know who else dreamt of having a family? The 8 innocent people killed in the borough market terror attack.
                            They will never see their families or the families they could have had because a member of the terrorist group you support took their lives.
                            They lay dying thinking of their families.

This isn’t your home anymore, you gave up the right to call it home when you left with the sole purpose of facilitating attacks on your home.

So it wasn’t all rosy in Syria? Tough. You’ve made your bed.

We don’t want you here, your bad judgment at 15 is one thing but your lack of remorse now is quite another.
                            You deserve nothing but to stay where you are and I hope every second of it is unbearable for you.

It won’t come close to what these victims went through or their families since.

Comment

• Originally posted by tankie View Post
                              Because oracle the uk is the laughing stock n soft touch of the world now , thats why , but let this one sink in for all the bleeding hearts out there abd the sooner we leave the EU and close our borders and start again maki g our own laws the better the UK will be .

Dear Shamima Begum

I hear you want to come home.

Do you know who else wanted to come home? The victims of the Manchester bombing, they all wanted to go to a concert and come home.
                              They will never come home again.
                              They will never walk through the doors of their homes to greet their loved ones because a member of the terrorist group you support took their lives.
                              They lay dying wishing they were at home.

I hear you have just given birth.

Do you know who else dreamt of having a family? The 8 innocent people killed in the borough market terror attack.
                              They will never see their families or the families they could have had because a member of the terrorist group you support took their lives.
                              They lay dying thinking of their families.

This isn’t your home anymore, you gave up the right to call it home when you left with the sole purpose of facilitating attacks on your home.

So it wasn’t all rosy in Syria? Tough. You’ve made your bed.

We don’t want you here, your bad judgment at 15 is one thing but your lack of remorse now is quite another.
                              You deserve nothing but to stay where you are and I hope every second of it is unbearable for you.

It won’t come close to what these victims went through or their families since.
                              I understand that pain very well. We've been through worse, for 3 decades now. No comments on your Brexit deal, do as you guys want, your country after all. But, terrorism should not be a political debate, and countries that create, nurture, train, and arm terrorists should be isolated, and if that doesn't work out, bombed.

You guys are ex-military, you all should ask your government to isolate countries that sponsors terrorism. Cut asylum from those countries to zero. Cut remittances from Britain that flows to those countries. Cut aid. Cut investments. Draw down on diplomatic ties. Terrorism affects us all, this fight should be fought together, geo-politics or local electorate politics shouldn't count here.

Oops, one thing Trump has my support is dealing with terrorists. Alabama ISIS bride's father sues Trump administration over citizenship and seeks her return. Her father deserves jail time.

Comment

• you can see something isn't right.

ISIS bride Shamima Begum wanting to return to the UK.
                                ISIS bride Hoda Muthana wanting to return to the USA
                                ISIS bride Kimberly Gwen Polman and 1 other ISIS bride wanting to return to Canada.

You be your own judge on the situation but keeping in mind their leader Abū Bakr al-Baghdadi is losing power and been forced into hiding after nearly being killed, everywhere is reporting the fall of ISIS and the likelihood they'll be looking to retaliate is high, to me it seems like a nifty little plan to get ISIS members onto enemy soil and cause terror in multiple places. Funnily they are all trying to play on your compassion, first of all by being female then with the story of dead husbands, misunderstanding, children to protect and weirdly they all asked to come home within a space of 3/4 days.... Strange aye.

Comment

Working...
                                X