No announcement yet.

The battle of Brexit!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone remember our friend Katya Zatulivetya who had a string of affairs with NATO serving people and was having an affair with a liberal MP on the House of Commons Defence Committee back in 2011(?). The MP was called Hancock if memory serves me right. This was shortly after the 'Anna Chapman' (and her pals) group were rounded up in the US. So no neither did I. Guess what happened to her? She married Aron Banks. Who is he? He funded the Brexit campaign. Look him up. Lots of failed businesses but suddenly got wealthy. Coincidence obviously. I am told Katya and Banks divorced after the Brexit campaign. She is now living outside Moscow apparently.

Here she is on Youtube giving a talk on "How to develop tourism" in 2016;

Here is sweeter than sugar Katya's car when married to Mr Banks;

https://spectatorblogs.imgix.net/fil...op&w=600&h=424

Bless her little cotton sockies. So innocent.

Here is Hancock - after being ostracised from his Party in the HoC in 2014;

"In October 2009 you first came to me as a constituent to seek my assistance as your MP and councillor.

"Subsequently and over several months I came to your home on several occasions, sometimes unannounced, and conducted a friendship with you that was inappropriate and unprofessional.

"I made you feel deeply uncomfortable and discriminated against, and I crossed the line."

The statement confirmed Mr Hancock is currently an in-patient at the Priory hospital in Southampton.

It did not disclose the nature of the treatment the MP is receiving there, however.

Mr Hancock said in the one-page statement: "There are no words that can take back the way that I made you feel.

"I can only apologise unreservedly to you for any distress, anger and worsening of your psychiatric condition that I caused.

"I acknowledge also that your son has been affected by the distress caused to you."

The apology went on: "As a political representative, there is a significant power differential with any constituent seeking help and particularly with you given your vulnerability, of which I was aware.

"You had a right to trust me.

"Everyone should feel safe and should be able to have confidence in their political representatives and I am sorry that I made you feel otherwise.

"I have learnt from my mistakes and pledge not to act in the same way again."

And here is little Miss Innocent's car in 2016: https://spectatorblogs.imgix.net/fil...op&w=600&h=424

Nothing strange here... move along.
    Last edited by snapper; 25 Mar 18,, 10:56.

Comment

• Edit I got Paderina (Katya again) mixed up with Pani Katya Zatulivetya for a second. Paderina though was also involved with the same MP as Katya Z later slept with; https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/pol...sian-girl.html so it is Katya P who married Banks and from his money came from and she was helped by Hancock who the later serial affairs Katya Z also got together with. Sorry for mistaking you girls if you're reading. The number plate is therefore Katya P not Katya Z car.

Comment

• Interesting research

https://www.thenewman.co.uk/blogs/re...ers-vs-leavers

Comment

• Comment

• The corruption and lies of the leavers is being exposed. From the DUP money, to Aron banks russian funding, cambridge analytica and the beleave scandal. Never mind the 350million lies and the 'turkey is joining the EU' deception.

The referendum result is nullified. I dont know whats worse, that they got away with it or that 17 million people beleived them

Comment

• UK economy in weakest growth since 2012 http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-43919094 So when do you get to spend that extra money on the NHS?

Comment

• 'One Nation' Tories fight back? https://www.conservativehome.com/the...ight-back.html

Comment

• So the Tories are still stuck on June 2016 ?

Comment

• Originally posted by kato View Post
                    So the Tories are still stuck on June 2016 ?
                    The tories have lost the plot. They are tearing each other apart trying to choose between 'maximum facillitation' or a customs partnership.. both of which the EU has already rejected. Meanwhile Labour think they can have have a customs union where they get a say in EU trafe deals..

Its a circus.

Comment

• So it seems recently the UK Electoral Commission found that the UKIP supported campaign during the EU referendum known as Vote.Leave either did not correctly list it's referendum spending correctly and/or overspent. The Commission has issued a fine of £70,000 but also hinted of a Police investigation which would imply a crime. If a crime is proved (I am informed) the Electoral Commission can be legally forced by a Court ruling to rule the referendum null and void.

Comment

• Originally posted by snapper View Post
                        So it seems recently the UK Electoral Commission found that the UKIP supported campaign during the EU referendum known as Vote.Leave either did not correctly list it's referendum spending correctly and/or overspent. The Commission has issued a fine of £70,000 but also hinted of a Police investigation which would imply a crime. If a crime is proved (I am informed) the Electoral Commission can be legally forced by a Court ruling to rule the referendum null and void.
                        I suspect it would depend on the extent of the error/overspend by the Vote.Leave campaign organizers and whether or not it was an innocent mistake or deliberate policy. Any large financial error that represented a significant % of its total outlay might be regarded as 'material' and could lead a court to take action. Below say 10% I suspect probably not - although there could still be a fine involved. This is because it could probably be argued that the potential impact of a relatively small omission on the final outcome of the referendum would have been minimal.

Of course the elephant in the room would be evidence pointing to the fact that the omission was both significant and deliberate. That kind of thing is hard to prove but if it did come to light then a court would probably have no choice but to declare the referendum null and void.
                        Last edited by Monash; 12 May 18,, 14:39.
                        If you are emotionally invested in 'believing' something is true you have lost the ability to tell if it is true.

Comment

• Full article: http://www.dw.com/en/brexit-causes-r...hip/a-43897033

Brexit causes record number of Britons to be granted German citizenship

Britons are rushing to become German citizens before their country leaves the European Union. More than 10 times as many Britons became German citizens in 2017 than in 2015.

A record number of Britons became German citizens for the second year running, the German Federal Statistical Office reported on Wednesday.

The consecutive record has been linked to Britain's upcoming departure from the European Union. "A link with the upcoming Brexit is obvious,” Germany's statistics office Destatis said.

About 7,500 Britons were granted German citizenship in 2017 —more than double the record set in the previous year.

The 2017 figure eclipses the 2015 number, when 622 pre-referendum Britons gained German citizenship.
                          "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

• Originally posted by zara View Post
                            The tories have lost the plot. They are tearing each other apart trying to choose between 'maximum facillitation' or a customs partnership.. both of which the EU has already rejected. Meanwhile Labour think they can have have a customs union where they get a say in EU trafe deals..

Its a circus.
                            The way this process has played out over the last several years seems like a comedy of errors to me.

I honestly believe that Cameron threw out the promise of a referendum to cater to his base, in an effort to boost his and the Tories' popularity, confident that British voters would never approve an exit from the EU. He thought he could have his cake and eat it too.

Whatever could be said about the vote, its legitimacy, unsavoury actors, etc., the British voters called his bluff, by a thin margin, but the bluff was called nonetheless.

The Tories have went from their dreams of having their cake and eating it too, to having no cake and never haven gotten to eat a bite. Like I said before, I see it as a comedy of errors.
                            Last edited by Ironduke; 23 May 18,, 17:24.

Comment

• Eurostat numbers comparing 2016 to 2015 regarding British who have turned to another EU citizenship:

Click image for larger version

Name:	eu-uk.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	27.4 KB
ID:	1476544

They don't have 2017 numbers yet. Overall it's a 165% increase.

The above numbers exclude those who acquire citizenship by descent or birth, i.e. those who merely formalize their already inherent citizenship status. This is mostly significant for the Irish numbers.

Source: Eurostat migr_acq, where with some patience you can dig out the citizenship acquisition rates for any country of origin in the world.

The UK itself granted citizenship to 17188 EU citizens though in 2016 compared to "losing" 6555 citizens.
                              Last edited by kato; 23 May 18,, 17:21.

Comment

• Full article: https://www.ft.com/content/23663bc4-...2-9563a0613e56

Britain’s plans for ‘no-deal’ Brexit have ground to a halt

The UK government’s preparations for a “no deal” Brexit in March 2019 have largely ground to a halt, making it almost impossible for Theresa May to walk out of negotiations with the EU in the next 10 months, according to people with close knowledge of the situation.

As the prime minister prepares for what is arguably the trickiest phase of the Brexit talks, the government’s official position is that it can reach an accord with the EU — but that it is also preparing contingencies for “no deal” if Brussels tries to strike too hard a bargain.

However, Whitehall officials are privately conceding that preparations for a “cliff edge” Brexit next March are nowhere near the level they need to be if a threat by Mrs May to walk away from the talks were to be credible.

“Our preparedness for no deal is virtually non-existent,” said one senior British official working on Brexit. “Our ability to deliver a ‘no deal’ outcome recedes with every week that passes.”

Other officials preparing for the possibility of Britain leaving the EU without a deal say they are being discouraged from taking on projects that might only be needed should there be no agreement on customs and regulatory co-operation by next March.

Sir Ivan Rogers, the UK’s former ambassador to the EU, observed in a speech in Glasgow last week that the UK had still not set up the independent regulatory bodies that would be needed in the event of a “no deal” Brexit next year.

“If we want . . . genuinely to go it alone . . . then we have to be going full tilt in developing that regulatory capability at huge speed,” he said. “The fact that, in so many areas, we are obviously not doing that . . . is yet another reason why the EU side has long since concluded that the UK would not walk out.”

Another former mandarin indicated that the failure to set up independent regulatory bodies in the event of a “no deal” next year was causing most concern.

“How many years does it take to set up a medicines agency?” he said. “Or chemicals approval? Or civil nuclear-safety standards? Or a new state aid policy? Where is the legislation? Where are the skilled staff coming from?”

In last December’s Budget, Philip Hammond, the chancellor, allocated £1.5bn for “Brexit preparedness”, which covers all aspects of Brexit planning, including a “no deal” scenario.”

However, government officials concede that the new money only became available in the financial year starting in April and that it is still too early to make a judgment on how it might be spent.

A further £1.5bn has been set aside by Mr Hammond but this is only being earmarked for the financial year after March 2019 when the UK is formally due to leave the EU.

Comment

Working...
                                X