No announcement yet.

The battle of Brexit!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The actual position of the majority of Brits who are pro Brexit is they're Pro European but anti EU/Euro. The reason for that is the EU end game...which is basically benefiting the political elites. Politicians are no longer representing the people who voted for them. They're representing themselves, corporations and the banks etc ...why else would VW be getting away with blatantly lying about Emissions? We only know about the corruption due to the US performing tests on German cars.

The slave wages Snapper refers to have been brought about by EU membership and the consequent free movement of migrant labour which is under cutting the British workforce and driving down living standards. The EU is in favour of lowering wages across W.Europe in order to compete with China and SE Asia.
    Last edited by Toby; 10 Feb 18,, 18:48.

Comment

• Originally posted by zara View Post
      A 'massive economic power'? Brexit britain LOL!
      I'm already aware that you have no confidence in the British economy...You basically panicked and fled to Spain.... SPAIN???? lol hardly sound judgement on your part! You basically jumped ship and went to reside in an economy resigned to permanently contract. Maybe you don't realise that?
      Last edited by Toby; 10 Feb 18,, 15:44.

Comment

• Permanently contracting? hmmm sounds like another alternative fact. Spain is growing at 3.1% (over twice the growth rate of the UK).

I did have great confidence in the UK economy until the fools voted to tear up ALL our trade agreements and started exporting jingoism.

And Spain rocks by the way. Don't regret it for a second.

(A permanently contracting economy?? Not sure that's even possible lol)
        Last edited by zara; 10 Feb 18,, 20:21.

Comment

• Originally posted by Toby View Post
          Politicians are no longer representing the people who voted for them. They're representing themselves, corporations and the banks etc ...why else would VW be getting away with blatantly lying about Emissions?
          ... you do realize that VW is state-owned?

Comment

I take it you mean our GDP will decrease because we're not apart of the EU?
            No, i don't mean that. I mean that to get the bespoke deal you want - or rather: your government wants - that pretty much gives you economically all the benefits of being in the EU while not being part of it only in name - and in the parts you pick and choose? Sure, can do that. If you pay for that. We can start the negotiations at twice what you pay in now. And the haggling goes upwards from there, not downwards.

As for massive economic power, about the only success story i've heard in recent months was that farmers in Wales are celebrating that the price of sheep meat is going up. Nevermind that their only export customer for that is apparently England.

Comment

Permanently contracting? hmmm sounds like another alternative fact. Spain is growing at 3.1% (over twice the growth rate of the UK).

I did have great confidence in the UK economy until the fools voted to tear up ALL our trade agreements and started exporting jingoism.

And Spain rocks by the way. Don't regret it for a second.

(A permanently contracting economy?? Not sure that's even possible lol)
              Spain have an austerity cure for their economic mess...how can they be growing economically with an austerity budget? please explain I'm dying to know....

Debt - 99.0% of GDP (2016)

Unemployment - 17.1% ‎(Aug 2017)
              Last edited by Toby; 11 Feb 18,, 13:37.

Comment

• Originally posted by kato View Post
                ... you do realize that VW is state-owned?
                I didn't, but now you tell me it makes perfect sense..how else could a company lie and get away with it?

Comment

• Originally posted by kato View Post
                  No, i don't mean that. I mean that to get the bespoke deal you want - or rather: your government wants - that pretty much gives you economically all the benefits of being in the EU while not being part of it only in name - and in the parts you pick and choose? Sure, can do that. If you pay for that. We can start the negotiations at twice what you pay in now. And the haggling goes upwards from there, not downwards.

As for massive economic power, about the only success story i've heard in recent months was that farmers in Wales are celebrating that the price of sheep meat is going up. Nevermind that their only export customer for that is apparently England.
                  The British economy has done better than expected since the Brexit vote? House prices are steady, unemployment has dropped, recession has been avoided. In the past year real-terms exports have risen by a tenth.

Comment

Spain have an austerity cure for their economic mess...how can they be growing economically with an austerity budget? please explain I'm dying to know....

Debt - 99.0% of GDP (2016)

Unemployment - 17.1% ‎(Aug 2017)

The public debt mountain is a legacy of the crash. They are expecting a primary surplus next year so it should start to come down.
                    They basically managed to do what Italy failed to do in 2012 - make labour reforms. This helped, but the most impressive thing the Spanish did was to transform their economy from a construction based economy into an export based one. In just 5 years they went from a trade defecit to a trade surplus. They export more than any other country in Europe bar Germany. Barcelona is fast becoming a digital marketplace hub. Unemployment (particularly youth) is horribly high, but has been on a downward trend since 2013.

Tourism is booming and Madrid hopes to capture some of the financial Services from London. The future for Spain looks pretty good I'd say! (Note being in the EU is no bar to 'Global Spain', they are exporting everywhere)

Comment

The British economy has done better than expected since the Brexit vote? House prices are steady, unemployment has dropped, recession has been avoided. In the past year real-terms exports have risen by a tenth.
                      Wait until we drop out of the CU and Internal market. Well see how robust the economy is then.

Comment

Wait until we drop out of the CU and Internal market. Well see how robust the economy is then.
                        As long as the pound remains at its current level exports will remain stronger, that's one of the benefits of having your own currency. Even people who voted out are expecting a drop though...This is about the long term not the short term.
                        Last edited by Toby; 11 Feb 18,, 23:42.

Comment

The public debt mountain is a legacy of the crash. They are expecting a primary surplus next year so it should start to come down.
                          They basically managed to do what Italy failed to do in 2012 - make labour reforms. This helped, but the most impressive thing the Spanish did was to transform their economy from a construction based economy into an export based one. In just 5 years they went from a trade defecit to a trade surplus. They export more than any other country in Europe bar Germany. Barcelona is fast becoming a digital marketplace hub. Unemployment (particularly youth) is horribly high, but has been on a downward trend since 2013.

Tourism is booming and Madrid hopes to capture some of the financial Services from London. The future for Spain looks pretty good I'd say! (Note being in the EU is no bar to 'Global Spain', they are exporting everywhere)
                          Spanish debt is actually forecast to increase significantly upto 2022.

Exports from the current 28 members of the European Union totaled US$5.227 trillion for 2016. That amount represents a -8.2% decline since 2012 and a modest -1% year-over-year retreat from 2015 to 2016.

As of 2016 Spain is 7th in the EU for exports at $281.8 billion, 5.4% of the EU total down -1.5% since 2012

Oh and Every single country in Europe apart from Ireland, Cyprus, Greece and Malta and Luxembourg have a surplus with the UK in fact when we get out we will be the EU's biggest export market at 16%
                          Last edited by Toby; 12 Feb 18,, 00:03.

Comment

• "Japanese ambassador in Downing Street unusually candid after PM meet with Nissan, Toyota, Honda etc: “If there’s no profitability of continuing operations in UK no private company can continue operations...simple as that... this is all high stakes all of us need to keep in mind."

The OBR have reports putting British GDP and growth lower by areas. There is no £350 to spend on the NHS 'bonus' - it was a lie. Deal with it - you was conned and when Britain should be changing Europe as Britain see priorities you are out of the game - and losing money and influence because of it.

Comment

• Nissan is French owned. And we haven't left the EU yet
                              The only bonus or subsidy in the EU at present is in E. europe at the expense of W. Europe. The Krauts have been using East european countries low wages to make parts for assembly in the US etc where their diesels have been found to be 50 times more polluting than stated on their sales literature. Big fines to come as the shit gets deeper!
                              Last edited by Toby; 12 Feb 18,, 12:11.

Comment

The Krauts have been using East european countries low wages to make parts for assembly in the US etc where their diesels have been found to be 50 times more polluting than stated on their sales literature.
                                The four Visegrad countries produced about 3,570,000 cars themselves in 2017, about twice as many as the UK.

Of these:
                                - 24.8% / 886,000 were from German manufacturers (573,000 Volkswagen, 190,000 Mercedes, 123,000 Audi)
                                - 21.4% / 765,000 were from Slovakian manufacturers (Skoda)
                                - 19.6% / 698,000 were from South Korean manufacturers (358,000 Hyundai, 340,000 Kia)
                                - 12.1% / 431,000 were from Japanese manufacturers (220,000 Toyota, 211,000 Suzuki)
                                - 8.8% / 315,000 were from French manufacturers (Peugeot)
                                - 7.8% / 274,000 were from Italian manufacturers (Fiat)
                                - 5.6% / 201,000 were from US manufacturers (General Motors)

Their parts industry mostly feeds assembly plants for just-in-time production in Germany, which produces as much as the Visegrad countries and the UK taken together.

Comment

Working...
                                X