The battle of Brexit!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Amled View Post
    The same information has been circulating in our media up here, what with GB being one of this country’s biggest trading partners.
    What with negotiations that could drag on for a couple of years, my guess is that government ministries and financial centers across Europe are going to be laying in extra stocks of antacids to quell those nervous stomachs
    Really? sounds like a denial of reality from where I am sat.

Comment

Originally posted by zara View Post
      Really??

Just saying that tomorrows voters are pro-EU.
      What? All of them??....

It's become apparent over many decades how manipulated our education has become. I was at high/comprehensive school from 80-85. We were brought up on a diet of being British, for all its faults, we knew who we were!

Then at some point EU legislation has been implemented and we've had a sea change in direction. Most parents won't realise that their children have undergone a brainwashing process, but never the less that IS what has happened. THus we now have a generation of children that no nothing, other than that the EU is wonderful....they've had no experience of anything else and this has happened under the blind gaze of their parents. Quite sinister!!!!

Comment

One for merkel / tusk/juncker/ etc etc , and if the cap fits .

Click image for larger version

Name:	1mhq0p.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	101.5 KB
ID:	1470691

Comment

So upto press Spain are going to insist we give Gibraltar back, Our base at Akrotiri will be confiscated and no trade talks until we accept our spending commitments of £50 billion (plucked out of air figure). So yeh no threatening tone there then. All nice and friendly!!!!

Comment

Si si senior

Comment

Originally posted by Toby View Post
              So yeh no threatening tone there then. All nice and friendly!!!!
              Did you really expect a non-threatening tone from the EU? I mean, we're rolling up 40 years of history. And given how for 35 years of that the UK has been oppressing and demeaning us there's a lot built up.

It's kinda funny how the yellow press on the island starts with "shock demands" and such right now. Did anyone realistically not expect that Gibraltar would be a centerpiece to EU strategy? Along with another piece of real estate of course. The draft insists on the full application of the Good Friday Agreement. If you want a shock demand, the Good Friday Agreement states that if a majority of Northern Ireland votes thusly the UK is bound to transfer the territory to Ireland; not quite the Scottish situation in that regard. Let's see... 55.8% on June 24th... you know what i mean.
              Last edited by kato; 01 Apr 17,, 14:44.

Comment

Originally posted by kato View Post
                Did you really expect a non-threatening tone from the EU? I mean, we're rolling up 40 years of history. And given how for 35 years of that the UK has been oppressing and demeaning us there's a lot built up.

It's kinda funny how the yellow press on the island starts with "shock demands" and such right now. Did anyone realistically not expect that Gibraltar would be a centerpiece to EU strategy? Along with another piece of real estate of course. The draft insists on the full application of the Good Friday Agreement. If you want a shock demand, the Good Friday Agreement states that if a majority of Northern Ireland votes thusly the UK is bound to transfer the territory to Ireland; not quite the Scottish situation in that regard. Let's see... 55.8% on June 24th... you know what i mean.
                Meh, this is like asking someone to give you their family silver after a divorce. If that's the case and I was UK, I'd just show you a middle finger and wave bye bye. On the top, why the EU needs more than 2 years for the separation? Isn't it something they wrote?
                No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

2 years after notice are the legal termination time that the UK signed up for.

The whole paragraph on leaving - including the termination time - is only in the EU treaties on British insistence btw.

Comment

You work for the EU then ???

It's kinda funny how the yellow press on the island starts with "shock demands" and such right now.
                    Yellow Press???

Did anyone realistically not expect that Gibraltar would be a centerpiece to EU strategy?
                    How about Cornwall or Wales.....Do we have to surrender them too???

Along with another piece of real estate of course. The draft insists on the full application of the Good Friday Agreement. If you want a shock demand, the Good Friday Agreement states that if a majority of Northern Ireland votes thusly the UK is bound to transfer the territory to Ireland
                    That really does show a total lack of understanding. Ireland couldn't afford the policing bill for starters.....

Probably just as well I'm not in the negotiating team. They'd be sticking the whole rotten enterprise up their Khyber pass!....

Comment

Doesn't matter on whose insistence are they in it. It says 2 years, what's this rumbling for 6, 8 and more years?
                      No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Basically, the UK doesn't want to leave the house (to stay with the divorce theme) before a trade agreement is negotiated, mostly because we'd otherwise treat them like Tunisia. Not my comparison, that's what economists over here like to compare the UK to for that situation. 6-8 years are the default time for that, and that's based on experience; that's how long it took to negotiate the similar trade agreement with Canada.

Yellow Press???
                        Well, it's only the Daily Fail and the Express that use words like "bombshell" with regard to the demands. The Torygraph prefers to criticize May for not just making your island jump off the continental shelf, and about everyone else is cheering for the opposite team.

That really does show a total lack of understanding.
                        Uh, Ulster quitting the Union over the current situation is generally considered more likely than Scotland. Even on the islands.
                        Last edited by kato; 01 Apr 17,, 20:11.

Comment

I've got to admit it's pretty funny watching this. Both parties (as per divorce) are in the "hurt the other party" phase.
                          The UK has been offered trade talks from Canada, Australasia, the US, India (though that's very low key), most of the Asia economies and even interest from China, and has very publicly and pointedly ignored the lot. The UK wants to divorce the EU but keep on fucking her/him.
                          In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Originally posted by Parihaka View Post
                            I've got to admit it's pretty funny watching this. Both parties (as per divorce) are in the "hurt the other party" phase.
                            The UK has been offered trade talks from Canada, Australasia, the US, India (though that's very low key), most of the Asia economies and even interest from China, and has very publicly and pointedly ignored the lot. The UK wants to divorce the EU but keep on fucking her/him.
                            Its not a case of ignoring them. The UK is not allowed to carry out Trade talks with those countries until it has left the EU, So we have to wait another 2 years before we can begin to negotiate. Our stance has never changed, we want to trade with the EU and that is all. No meddling with our laws etc

Comment

Basically, the UK doesn't want to leave the house (to stay with the divorce theme) before a trade agreement is negotiated, mostly because we'd otherwise treat them like Tunisia. Not my comparison, that's what economists over here like to compare the UK to for that situation. 6-8 years are the default time for that, and that's based on experience; that's how long it took to negotiate the similar trade agreement with Canada.
                              Canada wasn't and isn't in the EU, which is why the talks took so long. We already comply with all EU regs. So thats a complete load of bollox!
                              Uh, Ulster quitting the Union over the current situation is generally considered more likely than Scotland. Even on the islands.
                              Like I said Ireland couldn't afford the police operation that would go with that at present. I hope I see it in my life time, THat would be worth seeing....But don't put money on it!
                              Last edited by Toby; 01 Apr 17,, 21:31.

Comment

Its not a case of ignoring them. The UK is not allowed to carry out Trade talks with those countries until it has left the EU,
                                Of course you can, you just can't sign anything.
                                In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Working...
                                X