Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tankie View Post
    The truth is emerging now T May , you never wanted brexit

Theresa May has appointed Gavin Barwell - who lost his seat in Thursday's General Election - as her new Chief of Staff.

Not only is Barwell a huge Remainer but he believes that Brexit is "the politics of hate and division".

How can she be trusted to deliver Brexit?
    I've held back in agreeing with you in full mate but now she's appointed Gove.. I have to reach the conclusion you're right!!!
    Last edited by Toby; 13 Jun 17,, 08:34.

Comment

You love him dont ya
      Never met him. Another Eton - Oxford, son of a Lord, typical British aristocrat with the attitudes and views that go with that. Big family estate in Somerset somewhere I was told. Nothing wrong with any of that per se - my own family have similar roots though not from England. I find him a bit comical from what little I have seen or heard of him. I cannot judge his fitness to run a Government but doubt he could win a Tory leadership election - which it seems from the British press and grapevine rumours is now all but inevitable.

Comment

• Originally posted by snapper View Post
        Never met him. Another Eton - Oxford, son of a Lord, typical British aristocrat with the attitudes and views that go with that. Big family estate in Somerset somewhere I was told. Nothing wrong with any of that per se - my own family have similar roots though not from England. I find him a bit comical from what little I have seen or heard of him. I cannot judge his fitness to run a Government but doubt he could win a Tory leadership election - which it seems from the British press and grapevine rumours is now all but inevitable.
        Agreed , hey Toby , Asty , ref Gove ,,,,well remember my dog with 2 dicks , its him now back in a dvrs seat and after a bitch ,,,but at least he is leaver from EU. And today the terrorist murdering cnut Adams is putting his head up and singing doom n gloom , while its up lets hope its gets a 50 in it .
        Last edited by tankie; 12 Jun 17,, 17:57.

Comment

• They need to stop playing around and get Stormont back up and running...Ireland doesn't need anymore uncertainty

Interesting facts I just read in the Telegraph apparently just 410 votes in various marginal seats would have given Theresa the right numbers....She also increased on the number of votes from previous election.....So if she'd proven to be a better debater and turned up .....and not looked so arrogant who knows ...As it is The Scottish Tories have given her another shot...Who'd of predicted that!

Comment

• Here we go, everything is starting to fall into place..A Tory/Labour deal over Brexit

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...e-soft-brexit/

Comment

• Not sure the PM can afford to anything but play along; sacking a 'senior Cabinet member' now would be the end of her.

Comment

• Toby , told ya sooooo , saw a bit on Adams and sinn feine taking up their seats in Westminster , dont know how true it is at the moment tho , the implications are huge , cor bins gang getting close to taking over , imagine sinn feine swearing allegiance to the Queen hahahahaaaaaar . May you devious bitch , brexit is in dire straights ,,,,,,,,, and Mark knopflers pissed off about it .lol . Snapper i think her time now as PM is very short and i wouldnt be surprised if another election is called , May never ever wanted brexit and it shows , But ho hum warrayagorra do huh . Í

Comment

• Stolen .but worth a thought

I wonder what is going on , in the run up to a general election each party prepares a manifesto this , I presume , is its plan , should it form a government , for implementation over the duration of that parliament. The voting public choose the party that promises them the kind of country they would like to live in and vote accordingly, so far so good , the Conservatives won this election with a clear majority over the other parties though with not enough seats for overall control , to keep from imploding and to satisfy individual MPs they immediately scrap their manifesto, the manifesto that their supporters voted them in on , thus they override hundreds of thousands of voters to satisfy the few dissenting MPs , so much for democracy . This precedent means that every manifesto , including the sweetener offered by Labour must be taken with a pinch of salt and that promises made on polling day can quite easily be ditched as soon as votes are counted and it would be 5 years before they could be held to account.

Comment

• sinn fein have just stated they will not take up their seats .

Comment

sinn fein have just stated they will not take up their seats .
                      I think the EU know FULL well what UK position is on NI and Vice versa

Comment

sinn fein have just stated they will not take up their seats .
                        No reunion with Comrade Corbyn? Quelle domage!

Comment

• Since it hasn't been mentioned here:

The European Court of Justice a few days ago ruled in a completely unrelated case that while it accepted the existing division within the UK, from the EU side it and its dependencies are to be seen as a single state.

Relevant to Brexit insofar as Europe just upped the ante with regard to required settlements for any kind of post-Brexit border treaty - in other words, it's now four freedoms or bust for the UK if it doesn't want to lose the treaty it wants to get over Spain's Gibraltar veto. The same pretty much goes for Northern Ireland.

Comment

• Since it hasn't been mentioned here:

The European Court of Justice a few days ago ruled in a completely unrelated case that while it accepted the existing division within the UK, from the EU side it and its dependencies are to be seen as a single state.

Relevant to Brexit insofar as Europe just upped the ante with regard to required settlements for any kind of post-Brexit border treaty - in other words, it's now four freedoms or bust for the UK if it doesn't want to lose the treaty it wants to get over Spain's Gibraltar veto. The same pretty much goes for Northern Ireland.

Comment

• Hey zara your blue eyed boy has just resigned , dim Tim Farron the leader of the lib dumb o crats , and just when ya thought he was doing a grand job huh . Well he is now , haa
                              Last edited by tankie; 14 Jun 17,, 19:48.

Comment

• Gloating tankie?

your party didn't even win a single seat! And your ridiculous excuse for a leader can go back to his make believe football career or his imaginary PhD.
                                Maybe he'll work on his pet project of Holocaust denial.

Tim is a great MP but as I've said before he doesn't have the stature to capture the public's imagination as a future PM. My vote (as a party member) is going to Jo Swinson.
                                Who are you voting for in UKIP? Presumably, you'd be happy to see Nigel back at the helm?

Comment

Working...
                                X