Carrie - With a Modern Twist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carrie - With a Modern Twist

A trial is soon slated to start here in Denmark, where a 16 year old schoolgirl together with a 24 year old returnee from the fighting in Syria, stand accused of planning the bombing of two schools, with the aid of on-line bomb manuals and TATP bombs.
    The girl was 14 when the authorities got wind of the affair, and raided her parents house, and found manuals and bomb making ingredients. Few details have leaked from the pre-trial hearings, as they are held behind closed doors. Some have though, including the targets which were the local school which the girl had attended, together with a Jewish school in the center of Copenhagen.
    Apparently; according to her former school mates, she had been a normal schoolgirl right up until some form of disagreements arose.
    It not too farfetched to assume like the fictional Carrie, she came up with plans for some demented payback. Especially since; again according to interviews, she became radicalized and converted to Islam in little more then a month.
    When we blindly adopt a religion, a political system, a literary dogma, we become automatons. We cease to grow. - Anais Nin

Nothing out of the ordinary, considering the current state of affairs. But its not modern twist as teen converted to Islam and did what Muslims have been doing since the beginning.

I think that Islam will become a convenient excuse for all kind of problems that people might have. Oh I can't find a girlfriend, I will just convert to Islam and rape any I want, oh I am unemployed, I will convert to Islam and go to some war zone to cut heads and get cash...I've seen the Afghans here selling books "1000 questions that trouble young people". You can guess what the answer is.

If there was any value in Islam, it will be lost very quickly due to influx of new converts that will ruin it, because they are not converted because of spiritual need but pure materialistic and existential needs. Islam is in danger of becoming a brand and a trend, just like Christianity or Buddhism. Its violent nature wont help it no matter how convincing it may look.
    Last edited by Versus; 22 Mar 17,, 01:37.

Comment

Originally posted by Versus View Post
      Nothing out of the ordinary, considering the current state of affairs. But its not modern twist as teen converted to Islam and did what Muslims have been doing since the beginning.

I think that Islam will become a convenient excuse for all kind of problems that people might have. Oh I can't find a girlfriend, I will just convert to Islam and rape any I want, oh I am unemployed, I will convert to Islam and go to some war zone to cut heads and get cash...I've seen the Afghans here selling books "1000 questions that trouble young people". You can guess what the answer is.

If there was any value in Islam, it will be lost very quickly due to influx of new converts that will ruin it, because they are not converted because of spiritual need but pure materialistic and existential needs. Islam is in danger of becoming a brand and a trend, just like Christianity or Buddhism. Its violent nature wont help it no matter how convincing it may look.
      My own thoughts I have regarding sudden radical conversions, be they of a religious or political nature is a bit more prosaic.
      Maybe what we are seeing in some cases are simply some grandiose Suicide-by-Cop fantasies being played out to the extreme
      When we blindly adopt a religion, a political system, a literary dogma, we become automatons. We cease to grow. - Anais Nin

Comment

From the cases I knew, despair plays a significant role in these choices. Looking deeper, it is a cry for help.

Comment

Originally posted by Versus View Post
          From the cases I knew, despair plays a significant role in these choices. Looking deeper, it is a cry for help.
          The despair angle I might accept. However twisted its motivation might be.
          The cry for help, not.
          Lying on a cold slab in a morgue kind ‘a puts you beyond any form for help.

Comment

Originally posted by Amled View Post
            The despair angle I might accept. However twisted its motivation might be.
            The cry for help, not.
            Lying on a cold slab in a morgue kind ‘a puts you beyond any form for help.
            Who knows, maybe it is hybristophilia, women, for the most part, love violent men.

Comment

6 years imprisonment!
              That was the sentence for planning the bombing of two primary schools, and for the stabbing a guard with a shard from a broken mirror, at the institution where she was confined while awaiting trial.
              The prosecution sought to have her sentenced to an indeterminate time. A rarely used sentencing option, used for those deemed a danger to society, i.e., spree killers, serial sexual predators and pedophiles and the like. The panel that found her sane enough to stand trial recommended the same.
              During the trial she gave the appearance of a normal teenage girl, ponytail and jeans, and her defense lawyer tried to paint the picture of a confused youngster. Something that was countered when the prosecution could produce her journal, recovered from her cell after the stabbing of the guard. It seemed she had retained her religious convictions, and that the stabbing was because the guard had served with the Danish forces in Afghanistan, and therefore was an enemy of Islam!
              With parole, she’ll hit the bricks in around two years!

Comment

Working...
              X