Logan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logan

Just saw Logan. man, the last scene was -emotional-.

not your regular X-men movie, this one turns up the blood'n'gore to 11...but prevents it from getting cartoonish. the movie is really well-done, gripping, and very emotional for a franchise not known for particularly emotional movies.

having said that, i'm surprised the conservative outrage brigade hasn't descended on this film yet-- this is a hugely, overtly political film.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

I suspect alt-right websites are criticizing the movie, but Trump's other dramas are sucking all the oxygen out of the room :P

Didn't much care for it. I prefer the X-Men movies. Awesome, sweeping, dramatic films for world-changing consequences. Even the first Wolverine felt more epic than this. Very restricted focus with none of the other X-Men, or even a real explanation of why the world is so crazy.

"Wolverine: Uber Driver" sounds pretty lame to me, tbh.

I also don't care much for the gritty Southwestern feel of the movie. Not my genre.
    "The great questions of the day will not be settled by means of speeches and majority decisions but by iron and blood"-Otto Von Bismarck

Comment

Working...
    X