New toy CZ 75D PCR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New toy CZ 75D PCR

I sold off the Sig p229 to get this gun, so technically, I did not spend a lot of money (except transfer fees, shipping, tax etc. etc. etc.)

Anyone has experience with this?

CZ 75 PCR D, 14 RND

Click image for larger version

Name:	CZ 75 PCR D.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	205.7 KB
ID:	1485650
    "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

CZ's are very common here, only they were made during the cold war. Good pistols, but, a bit "hollow" and cold for my taste. I'd prefer the Sig. The steel should be very high grade, and from that photo it seems the final touch had improved over time. If I get a chance, I'll shoot a few rims to try to give the newbie a chance.

But hey, if it suits you nice, have all the fun you can get.
    No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Originally posted by Doktor View Post
      CZ's are very common here, only they were made during the cold war. Good pistols, but, a bit "hollow" and cold for my taste. I'd prefer the Sig. The steel should be very high grade, and from that photo it seems the final touch had improved over time. If I get a chance, I'll shoot a few rims to try to give the newbie a chance.

But hey, if it suits you nice, have all the fun you can get.
      What is a hollow and cold pistol? Sounds like wine tasting to me (hints of chocolate with a tannic aftertaste and fruity finish)

I have been trying to fall in love with Sigs for a while, but they don't seem to fit my hands too well. for comparison, here is what I sold off

Name:	Sig P229 Close Up.jpg
Size:	900.8 KB
ID:	1470499

I think the CZ looks better and fits my hand better. Also, it is a new gun, the sig was bought used. Takedown is a pain though.
      "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by antimony View Post
        Anyone has experience with this?

CZ 75 PCR D, 14 RND
        I have the same pistol and love it! The PCR fits my hand very well compared to other compacts I've tried, and the unusually low bore axis makes it very easy to be accurate. The decocker makes it ideal to carry or as a bedside firearm but results in a higher trigger pull weight on the first shot. Still, I can reliably keep every shot on a man sized torso at 25 yards which makes it fun at the range as well. I use it to compete with our local sheriff's office in a shooting competition fundraiser event every year with good results.

The only issue I've run into with it, is a jam on the feed ramp when running Hornady Critical Defense through it. I don't think it likes the weird angle on the front of that type of bullet. Other than that it's happily eaten everything I've run through it, including cheap Winchester white box, reloads, etc. It actually fired a .380 that got loaded in the mag by mistake one time! It didn't fully extract, but that's hardly the pistol's fault.

I actually like it enough that I'm considering sending it down to Cajun Gun Works to get some custom work done on it, despite the fact that it would probably double my investment in the firearm...

Name:	PCR.jpg
Size:	256.7 KB
ID:	1470500
        Last edited by SteveDaPirate; 04 Mar 17,, 02:39.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveDaPirate View Post
          I have the same pistol and love it! The PCR fits my hand very well compared to other compacts I've tried, and the unusually low bore axis makes it very easy to be accurate. The decocker makes it ideal to carry or as a bedside firearm but results in a higher trigger pull weight on the first shot. Still, I can reliably keep every shot on a man sized torso at 25 yards which makes it fun at the range as well. I use it to compete with our local sheriff's office in a shooting competition fundraiser event every year with good results.

The only issue I've run into with it, is a jam on the feed ramp when running Hornady Critical Defense through it. I don't think it likes the weird angle on the front of that type of bullet. Other than that it's happily eaten everything I've run through it, including cheap Winchester white box, reloads, etc. It actually fired a .380 that got loaded in the mag by mistake one time! It didn't fully extract, but that's hardly the pistol's fault.

I actually like it enough that I'm considering sending it down to Cajun Gun Works to get some custom work done on it, despite the fact that it would probably double my investment in the firearm...
          It's a very pretty gun, almost 1911/BHP like around the dust cover/ muzzle area. The one thing I am not liking is the tiny area to rack the slide.

Comment

Originally posted by antimony View Post
            It's a very pretty gun, almost 1911/BHP like around the dust cover/ muzzle area. The one thing I am not liking is the tiny area to rack the slide.
            With the reduced grip area on CZs due to the internal slide, I don't do the ol' pinch and pull straight back like you might on a Glock. Instead, I press down on the top of the slide with the heel of my left hand and put my thumb on the grippy bit of the slide just above the decocker. Then use your right hand on the grip to rack the gun while the left holds the slide in one place.

This guy has a different technique, but play around with it a bit until you find one that feels good.

Comment

Thanks

I realized the trick was for the right hand to be the driving force, instead of the left. Can't wait to take it to the range now.

Comment

Working...
              X