No announcement yet.

Energy Transit routes and conflict

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also, it might be worth adding that the UK now ships in liquefied natural gas from the Qatar gas field using huge tankers. The installation near Milford Haven, which is the largest LNG terminal in Europe then carries out a Regasification process.
    The site in S. Wales can handle up to 25% of the UK's gas requirement.

Comment

Gruniad article on North Stream 2; https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...pass-sanctions

Comment

Yea Nord Stream 2 is purely commercial right? https://www.rt.com/business/413375-r...ng-dependence/

So why is RT talking about European "dependence" on Muscovite gas? Bent German politicos like Schroeder clearly need arresting and Europe needs to diversify it energy suppliers. The first LNG shipment from the US via Poland reached Ukraine today. The opposite question should be asked; how long can Muscovy survive if Europe stops buying Muscovite gas?

Comment

Originally posted by Toby View Post
          Two proposed pipelines. One backed by Russia and one backed by the US. President Assad of Syria refused permission for the US backed pipeline it is thought under pressure from Russia. Who have backed another pipeline from Iran. Clearly Syria is required for both proposed pipelines. The city of Aleppo being a crucial part of the US backed pipeline route. In 2012 Assad authorized the Iranian pipeline, which is coincidently the same year the present war started.
          This is the story and i'd asked this question before in the putin wins the ME thread

Why does Putin want Assad to refuse the Qatari line

How does refusing the line make a difference in a world with gas tankers and globally set price

If anything Assad would want both lines

Comment

Originally posted by snapper View Post
            Bent German politicos like Schroeder
            You realize that Gerhard Schröder hasn't been a politician in over 12 years now - since a year before becoming chairman of Nord Stream?

If you want to delve into German-Russian economic crossconnections btw you might want to look into Matthias Warnig instead.
            The first LNG shipment from the US via Poland reached Ukraine today.
            Gee, let's ponder why they shipped it through Poland of all places instead of unloading at a real port with a pipeline connection to Ukraine. Or to what extent Polish energy import partners are connected to the Trump administration.
            Last edited by kato; 17 Dec 17,, 00:34.

Comment

Sure Shroeder left Office a while ago but why no investigation? I believe it is your responsibility to investigate these matters in your own country - including Warnig. Thirdly because there is as yet no LNG terminal in Odessa - and honestly even if there were it may not be safe.

Comment

Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
                This is the story and i'd asked this question before in the putin wins the ME thread

Why does Putin want Assad to refuse the Qatari line

How does refusing the line make a difference in a world with gas tankers and globally set price

If anything Assad would want both lines
                Maybe that option didn't exist, Lets face it the Gas is worthless without the transit line. The transit line is the real power...then again maybe I've watched 'There will be blood' too many times
                Last edited by Toby; 17 Dec 17,, 14:59.

Comment

Lets face it the Gas is worthless without the transit line. The transit line is the real power...
                  It's not worthless, i suppose it makes it cheaper ?

Who ever gets the line is able to sell for less compared to the other

Putin would want control of that line to help with his general tactics with europe. If ever he threatens to turn off the tap the other taps should also remain closed

Still have those gas tankers to deal with as a last resort. So he does not really have full control unless its under priced and that means he gets it in the wallet

Comment

It's not worthless, i suppose it makes it cheaper ?

Who ever gets the line is able to sell for less compared to the other

Putin would want control of that line to help with his general tactics with europe. If ever he threatens to turn off the tap the other taps should also remain closed

Still have those gas tankers to deal with as a last resort. So he does not really have full control unless its under priced and that means he gets it in the wallet
                    Sorry not worthless...but alot of the oil and gas fields are in remote virtually inaccessible places, they require the transit lines to reach the consumer. I agree with you on Putin.. What is in Syria of any value???? For me its purely a transit route and thats why we have the present war being funded by various countries.
                    When those countries decide on a deal, then the war will end. as the funds will dry up. Meanwhile we have a refugee crisis and a countries infrastructure being systematically smashed.

Comment

Sure Shroeder left Office a while ago but why no investigation?
                      Why do you think there should be an investigation?

Comment

Originally posted by kato View Post
                        Why do you think there should be an investigation?
                        Collusion!......Something that clearly never happens in the Ukraine

Comment

Sorry not worthless...but alot of the oil and gas fields are in remote virtually inaccessible places, they require the transit lines to reach the consumer.
                          In Russia and the artic thse pipelines are useful. But the persian gulf is very accessible.

I agree with you on Putin.. What is in Syria of any value???? For me its purely a transit route and thats why we have the present war being funded by various countries.
                          The pipeline has been mentioned in passing in the syria thread. The extent of its importance in the war isn't clear to me. Helps if Assad isn't in charge but there are better reasons than the pipeline for that.

When those countries decide on a deal, then the war will end. as the funds will dry up. Meanwhile we have a refugee crisis and a countries infrastructure being systematically smashed.
                          Putin has declared Syria as mission accomplished

Comment

In Russia and the artic thse pipelines are useful. But the persian gulf is very accessible.
                            Which explains its importance

The pipeline has been mentioned in passing in the syria thread. The extent of its importance in the war isn't clear to me. Helps if Assad isn't in charge but there are better reasons than the pipeline for that.
                            Being a murderous Bastard would be one good reason

Putin has declared Syria as mission accomplished
                            What would your opinion on that be?

Comment

Collusion!......Something that clearly never happens in the Ukraine
                              Collusion would require that something illegal goes on...

Comment

Originally posted by kato View Post
                                Collusion would require that something illegal goes on...
                                Damn..ya think!

Comment

Working...
                                X