Reduction in migration numbers is a British tragedy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tankie View Post
    IDS doesnt agree with your points snapper , he called Major sad and bitter .

John Major Brexit speech 'sad and bitter' - Iain Duncan Smith
    27 February 2017 Last updated at 23:39 GMT
    Former Conservative leader Iain Duncan Smith has told BBC Newsnight that Sir John Major’s intervention into the Brexit debate "strangely bitter" and "rather sad"
    The Quiet man. what a burke. He's exactly the kind of brextremist that Major was warning about

Here's a tweet from our amazing Trade secretary Fox

'The United Kingdom is one of the few countries in Europe that does not need to bury it's 20th century history'

Comment

Originally posted by Marko View Post
      The Quiet man. what a burke. He's exactly the kind of brextremist that Major was warning about

Here's a tweet from our amazing Trade secretary Fox

'The United Kingdom is one of the few countries in Europe that does not need to bury it's 20th century history'
      Major is last century ffs. He is out for decades. Why is he important now? Oh, yes, because he is a conservative who opposes Brexit. Guess what, many current conservatives do.
      No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Originally posted by Doktor View Post
        Major is last century ffs. He is out for decades. Why is he important now? Oh, yes, because he is a conservative who opposes Brexit. Guess what, many current conservatives do.
        Same as heseltine n the rest of them who never bothered , now its out n the trough is drying up , pinky n perky and the litter are squabling in the mud for the scraps they will be left , greyman now trying to curry favour , ( pun intendid ) , great statesman my bollox .
        Last edited by tankie; 07 Mar 17,, 00:12.

Comment

Same as heseltine n the rest of them who never bothered , now its out n the tough is drying up , pinky n perky and the litter are squabling in the mud for the scraps they will be left , greyman now trying to curry favour , ( pun intendid ) , great statesman my bollox .
          Joking aside.... Major a statesman??? Come on are we that desperate? ;-) ( am Agreein by the way)
          Last edited by Toby; 06 Mar 17,, 22:41.

Comment

Former PMs by definition almost are 'statesmen' surely.

Comment

Originally posted by Toby View Post
              Joking aside.... Major a statesman??? Come on are we that desperate? ;-) ( am Agreein by the way)
              I was young at the time, but I remember the Downing Street Declaration which directly led to the Good Friday Agreement. Blair gets most of the credit, but Major laid the groundwork to allow peace to happen. Whatever else he did, surely THAT is an act of a great statesmanship?

Comment

Heseltine sacked over his comments on brexit . oh dear how sad , about turn quick march , turn left , the grass is just in the field , go gerrit tiger . Now maybe other dinosaurs will take note , fkin marvelous hey , the horse has bolted, their arrogance is outstanding , no speeches from them before but now the swill in the trough is gonna dry up its crying time for them , well done the one's who never voted against the govt , they believe in democracy and the will of the people , maybe this is the demise of the unelected lords who feed off the tax payer , out with the lot of them ., anyhoooo one down 2 to go B,LIAR AND GRAYMAN THE CURRY POUNCER . .

LONDON — Prime Minister Theresa May has sacked Lord Heseltine from five government roles after he voted against the government on Brexit.

The life-long Europhile and former trade secretary under Margaret Thatcher, used a House of Lords speech on Tuesday to savage the government's three leading Brexiteers and to call for a "fightback" against Brexit.

"My own personal decision has been clearly established since I joined the Conservative party in 1951," he said.

"I deeply regret the outcome of the [EU] referendum."

He added that while it was right for May to have appointed three leading Brexiteers — Boris Johnson, David Davis and Liam Fox — to lead Brexit negotiations, he had "naively" expected that they would know what they were doing.

"I also took the view, perhaps naively, that as campaigners for Brexit it was not unreasonable to assume that they might have answers to the numerous issues that we face," he said.

He then declared that the "fightback [against Brexit] starts here."

Watch Heseltine mock Boris, Davis and Fox:

Heseltine went on to vote against the government on a crucial vote on whether there should be a "meaningful vote" on the outcome of Theresa May's Brexit negotiations.

The government suffered a huge defeat in the Lords on the issue last night when Heseltine joined more than a dozen Tories rebelled.

Heseltine told the Today programme on Wednesday that he had not been warned against voting against the government. "I have had no relationship with Number 10 since the new prime minister," he said.

Explaining his decision to rebel, he added that: "The referendum result is the most disastrous peacetime result we have seen" and "you have to do what you believe to be right."

Heseltine was not contacted directly by May.

A spokesperson for the prime minister told Business Insider that: "It was widely speculated that this would happen and it came as no surprise to him."

"He was whipped as a Conservative peer, he advised the governemt and that was not consistent with voting against the government."

May's decision to sack Heseltine from several unpaid advisory roles will be seen as a warning to growing numbers of Conservative MPs currently considering rebelling on the issue when it returns to the Commons next week.
                Last edited by tankie; 08 Mar 17,, 14:53.

Comment

Originally posted by zara View Post
                  I was young at the time, but I remember the Downing Street Declaration which directly led to the Good Friday Agreement. Blair gets most of the credit, but Major laid the groundwork to allow peace to happen. Whatever else he did, surely THAT is an act of a great statesmanship?
                  How old were you when he sneaked in as a Prime minister on the back of Heseltine's rebellion against Thatcher????? Bleedin Coward then and now, He only won the 1992 General election because Labour fielded that Taff tosser Kinnock! PLus the Sun front page didn't exactly do Major any harm....

Click image for larger version

Name:	Sunkinnock.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	27.3 KB
ID:	1470520

As for the Irish question, The British government changed policy, whats so brave about that?....Doing the right thing and bringing people together and not dividing them as an act of policy is morally correct. Pity we didn't do that a hundred years earlier under Disraeli. Creating a problem and then claiming to be the cure is not my idea of leadership or statesmanship..... boy oh boy!!!
                  Last edited by Toby; 10 Mar 17,, 00:56.

Comment

I hear the 'great man' Farage has been visiting friends in the Ecuadorian Embassy in London. I wonder who?

Comment

Originally posted by snapper View Post
                      I hear the 'great man' Farage has been visiting friends in the Ecuadorian Embassy in London. I wonder who?
                      Is it just me, or is that whole situation just so irrelevant and over blown???? Julian ASSange ......zzzzzzzzzzzzz!

Comment

Originally posted by snapper View Post
                        Thats one thing im in agreement with along with the other 17. 5 million , A great man indeed . ps probs been seeing Julian .

Comment

Thats one thing im in agreement with along with the other 17. 5 million , A great man indeed . ps probs been seeing Julian .
                          Oh yeah, the great man indeed. The original swivel eyed loon who is now pin up popeye boy for the national front.

Is hard brexit and WTO rules worth losing Scotland for?

Comment

Scotland , yea righty ho , with sturgeon , your welcome to it , ps see you love Farage then , the great man ,yayyy go on slag him off , hes now bnp etc etc , you another that dont believe in democracy are you , heyyyy what was it salmond / sturgeon said ref independence referendums , A ONCE IN A LIFETIME OPPORTUNITY ,,unless of course the vote dont go the way they liked ,,,FFS sturgeon wants the rugby game played again cos they didnt get the result they wanted . lol .

The lords defeated , sec 50 invoked this month , mind tho theres no need for it , just leave pay sfa to the EU ,,,,they can then kick us out , haha

Do you recall when the great man joined the EU as an mp there , he said , his mission was to get the uk out ?? everyone laughed ,,,well they aint laughing now are they/you/and every other bleeding heart ,with trade worldwide waiting , WE R OUT suck it up honey .
                            Last edited by tankie; 14 Mar 17,, 16:45.

Comment

Originally posted by zara View Post
                              No one in Britain gives a flying f*ck about Northern Ireland Zar, least of all the uber-nationalist-brexiteers running the joint.
                              As long as your not blowing sh*t up you may as well be in Mali.
                              You must see that by now?

Comment

Scotland , yea righty ho , with sturgeon , your welcome to it , ps see you love Farage then , the great man ,yayyy go on slag him off , hes now bnp etc etc , you another that dont believe in democracy are you , heyyyy what was it salmond / sturgeon said ref independence referendums , A ONCE IN A LIFETIME OPPORTUNITY ,,unless of course the vote dont go the way they liked ,,,FFS sturgeon wants the rugby game played again cos they didnt get the result they wanted . lol .

The lords defeated , sec 50 invoked this month , mind tho theres no need for it , just leave pay sfa to the EU ,,,,they can then kick us out , haha

Do you recall when the great man joined the EU as an mp there , he said , his mission was to get the uk out ?? everyone laughed ,,,well they aint laughing now are they/you/and every other bleeding heart ,with trade worldwide waiting , WE R OUT suck it up honey .
                                Enjoy your Bubbly when she pulls the trigger pal, because its all downhill from there.
                                No doubt you'll find a way to blame 'remoaners', the EU or 'foreign-meddlers' for the failure of Brexit. Anyone but yourselves.

Guess what - you lot were warned about Scotland, if they leave, this is on you.

Comment

Working...
                                X