MiG-1.42
    2.17%
    Su-30MKI
    20.65%
    F/A-18E/F
    1.63%

Originally posted by raptor1992
    which is the best fighter?
    Hate to say but F-22 is the top dog in today's ACs.
    Of the rest
    2] EF2000/rafale
    3] Su-30 MKI
    Hala Madrid!!

Comment

I think we should take F/A-22 raptor off the list.
      Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie!'...till you can find a rock. ;)

Comment

the F/A-22 is the best of the bunch because of its inherant manouverability, pilot-friendly cockpit and weapons suite. it would still be the best of the bunch even without its stealth capability.

the F-35 isn't a fighter, its a ground attack aircraft with a significant ability to defend itself and others.

the SU-47 and MiG-1.42 don't exist in any meaningful way, the first has been ordered but with major changes ie: swept back instead of swept forward wings which will massively affects its projected manouverability and the second hasn't been bought by anyone. at all.

the 'best fighter' is a concept for air-shows and little boys. the only fighter worth having is one flown by experienced and well-trained pilots, maintained by well-trained and motivated crews and with AWACS and tanker support and carrying the weapons needed to fulfil its role. anything else is a waste of taxpayers money leaving the ground.
        Last edited by dave angel; 05 Jul 05,, 14:49.
        before criticizing someone, walk a mile in their shoes.................... then when you do criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Comment

"the SU-47 and MiG-1.42 don't exist in any meaningful way, the first has been ordered but with major changes"

SU-47 was a tech demon- there are no orders for the AC.
          "We will go through our federal budget – page by page, line by line – eliminating those programs we don’t need, and insisting that those we do operate in a sensible cost-effective way." -President Barack Obama 11/25/2008

Comment

some people think Su-30MKI is the best fighter and belongs in the 5th generation. but 5th generation fighters are suppose to be stealthy.

Comment

Su-47 Berkut and F-35 aren't pure fighters; they are multirole ground attack aircraft, the MiG-1.42 is gone, the Su-30 doesn't stand a chance against a raptor and forget the superbug. Thus the F/A-22 is by far the best of the lot. :)

Comment

Originally posted by raptor1992
                some people think Su-30MKI is the best fighter and belongs in the 5th generation. but 5th generation fighters are suppose to be stealthy.
                Really?

But JXX should take the cake, b'coz chinese claim even before it is flight tested, JXX will beat F-22 hehehe :)
                Hala Madrid!!

Comment

Yeah the Raptor and Raptor Jr. (JSF) need to be taken off the list. It wouldn't be a fair fight.
                  F/A-18E/F Super Hornet: The Honda Accord of fighters.

Comment

yeah. or maybe i can take superhornet and flanker off. is there any other 5th generation aircraft other than F/A-22 and F-35 comfirmed

Comment

MiG 1.42. That doesn't look like its getting built though. Everyone is more than happy to build gen4.5 machines because they are cheaper.
                      F/A-18E/F Super Hornet: The Honda Accord of fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by BenRoethig
                        MiG 1.42. That doesn't look like its getting built though. Everyone is more than happy to build gen4.5 machines because they are cheaper.
                        How is the Mig1.42 the best fighter? Its never been built or flown and is just a paper plane. It's surely not stealthy and its program has been scrapped. The Russians have preferred the Pak-Fa to it for a gen5 plane and without stealth it cant beat a Raptor. The closest Russian fighter to the F-22 to have entered service is the Su-35 which is more or less eurocanard level. ;)

Comment

F-22 is not prove to anybody that is the best fighter plane.. US always make excellent cinema FX using simulations to prove what? An F-22 can beat easy an F-15 (1:80).. It's simple the Lockheed must support the product that costs billion dollars for the US people.. I don't say that F-22 is an excellent plane, but is like soccer players that sign a contract of million euros, but they are just good players nothing else.. Also I am sure that F-22 can't shot down easy a Su-30 or a Su-35/37 before the russian plane able to hit F-22.. Now in close combat the posibility is shorter, I just give advantages to a Sukhoi super agilitities that we all see.. I am not sure if F-22 can beat an F-16 in close combat (?).. Same things to prove the superiority of EF2000 agains Russian fighters made from British.. But EF2000 is not able to do nothing that the british tells in a airshow (?) (1.F-22 2.EF2000 they said).. Russian fighter is very improve when the horizon with west opens, the only problem that russian planes have is past was the electronics staff, now this staff stop to be exist.. So? I believe the PAK-FA, will be also an excellent plane in same role with F-22 but still not be able to beat so easy fighter like Su-30/35.. So the best plane today.. maybe F-22 in BVR but Sukhois in close combat!

Comment

Originally posted by molf48
                            F-22 is not prove to anybody that is the best fighter plane.. US always make excellent cinema FX using simulations to prove what? An F-22 can beat easy an F-15 (1:80).. It's simple the Lockheed must support the product that costs billion dollars for the US people.. I don't say that F-22 is an excellent plane, but is like soccer players that sign a contract of million euros, but they are just good players nothing else.. Also I am sure that F-22 can't shot down easy a Su-30 or a Su-35/37 before the russian plane able to hit F-22.. Now in close combat the posibility is shorter, I just give advantages to a Sukhoi super agilitities that we all see.. I am not sure if F-22 can beat an F-16 in close combat (?).. Same things to prove the superiority of EF2000 agains Russian fighters made from British.. But EF2000 is not able to do nothing that the british tells in a airshow (?) (1.F-22 2.EF2000 they said).. Russian fighter is very improve when the horizon with west opens, the only problem that russian planes have is past was the electronics staff, now this staff stop to be exist.. So? I believe the PAK-FA, will be also an excellent plane in same role with F-22 but still not be able to beat so easy fighter like Su-30/35.. So the best plane today.. maybe F-22 in BVR but Sukhois in close combat!
                            An F-22 can easily beat a Flanker, SuperFlanker, or Terminator in a BVR battle. It can detect the sukhois while not being detected itself and shoot down them before they can even get a lock. In WVR the F-22 is again better than sukhoys cause it can shoot them with AIM9x way before they can lock it as they would have to get really close to the raptor to make their IR missiles catch its low ir signature and they probably would be downed by then. :)
                            The Pak-Fa is half stealthy and like the f-35 is ground attack and isnt very maneuverable.

PS: The typhoon is about equal to the Su-35. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by hello
                              An F-22 can easily beat a Flanker, SuperFlanker, or Terminator in a BVR battle. It can detect the sukhois while not being detected itself and shoot down them before they can even get a lock. In WVR the F-22 is again better than sukhoys cause it can shoot them with AIM9x way before they can lock it as they would have to get really close to the raptor to make their IR missiles catch its low ir signature and they probably would be downed by then. :)
                              The Pak-Fa is half stealthy and like the f-35 is ground attack and isnt very maneuverable.

PS: The typhoon is about equal to the Su-35. ;)
                              dude are u desiging PAK-FA?? for i dont think anything much in open source is avialable about the stealth level of PAK-FA.
                              About SU-35 how do u compare it to SU30 MKI.

Comment

Working...
                              X