Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Toby View Post
    More Hollywood than Numberg.
    Nah,too bad imbecilic commie ideas aren't punished the same way imbecilic Nazi ones are.
    Those who know don't speak
    He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

Comment

There you go again ranting about how hard the world has been to poor old you....Putting words in people's mouths that were never there and generally talking total [email protected] doubt you've ever seen the Ukraine. Your a fantasist living in la La land ......get a job a real one and stop pretending
      And there you go again attacking me and ignoring the facts of the argument.

Comment

Originally posted by Parihaka View Post
        There's international law?
        Depends who you are
        No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Cool map. I've seen similiar ones before. Really illustrates what a calm and secure part of the world the UK and Ireland inhabit, separate islands at the end of an immense land mass. Never had to deal with rampaging mongols or a thousand ever changing kingdoms on our borders. All we had deal with was Celts fighting each other and the odd Norman or Viking invasion

Comment

Originally posted by Mihais View Post
            Nah,too bad imbecilic commie ideas aren't punished the same way imbecilic Nazi ones are.
            You mean like opening a bar up and calling it Che' or Red Star or Revolution or even the Kommisar? hmmm always thought that was strange

Comment

Originally posted by zara View Post
              Cool map. I've seen similiar ones before. Really illustrates what a calm and secure part of the world the UK and Ireland inhabit, separate islands at the end of an immense land mass. Never had to deal with rampaging mongols or a thousand ever changing kingdoms on our borders. All we had deal with was Celts fighting each other and the odd Norman or Viking invasion

Actual Invasions or planned Invasions of the UK from the 8th century

The eighth to eleventh century invasions of the British isles by the Vikings.
              The 1066 Norman conquest of England under William the Conqueror.
              The 1216 invasion of England by Louis VIII of France and Alexander II of Scotland, during the First Barons' War.
              Various invasions by the Scots from 1314-1513 during the Wars of Scottish Independence, the Hundred Years' War, and further Anglo-Scottish Wars.
              The 1326 invasion of England by Isabella of France and Roger Mortimer, leading to Isabella's regency until the ascendancy of her son, Edward III.
              The 1386 invasion by France was organised but never executed during the Hundred Years' War.
              The 1487 invasion from Ireland of the pretender Lambert Simnel.
              The 1495 landing with troops at Deal by Perkin Warbeck, who claimed to be Richard of Shrewsbury, the rightful King.
              The 1513 invasion of England by the Scots under James IV, which culminated in the Battle of Flodden
              The 1545 French invasion of the Isle of Wight during the Italian Wars.
              The 1588 Spanish Armada was a failed invasion of England after it was heavily defeated by storms and the English fleet.
              The 1596 2nd Spanish Armada shattered by storms off Cape Finisterre
              The 1597 3rd Spanish Armada dispersed by storms off the Lizard; landfall by small number of Spanish troops in Cornwall and Wales.
              The 1648 invasion of England by a Scottish army in support of Charles I (King of Scots) against the English parliament, defeated at Preston.
              The 1667 Raid on the Medway and Felixstowe Landguard during the Second Anglo-Dutch War.[1]
              The 1685 landing in England by the Duke of Monmouth and his supporters during the Monmouth Rebellion
              The 1688 invasion of England by the Dutch Republic, also known as the Glorious Revolution. (last successful invasion of England)
              The 1690 attack by the French on Teignmouth, Devon.
              The (1708) planned French Invasion to put James Edward Stuart (the Old Pretender) on the British throne as part of the War of the Spanish Succession.
              The Jacobite rising of 1715, from a Scottish base, in support of James Edward Stuart, defeated at Preston.
              The (1744) planned French invasion of Britain as part of the Austrian War of Succession.
              The 1745 French-backed Jacobite invasion of Britain led by Bonnie Prince Charlie.
              The (1759) planned French invasion halted by their naval defeat by Britain at the Battle of Quiberon Bay.[2]
              The (1779) never executed Franco-Spanish plans to invade Great Britain during the American Revolutionary War.
              Landing of a small French force, led by the Irish-American William Tate, at Fishguard in February 1797
              The (1803–1805) planned but never executed Napoleonic invasion of Britain.
              The (1940) partially planned but never executed German Invasion of England, better known as Operation Sea Lion.

and then of course there were the various civil wars

Rebellion of 1088 to 1091 – in England and Normandy, The Rebellion of 1088 occurred after the death of William the Conqueror and concerned the division of lands in the Kingdom of England and the Duchy of Normandy between his two sons William Rufus and Robert Curthose. Hostilities lasted from 3 to 6 months starting around Easter of 1088.
              The Anarchy (1135–54) – in England, The Anarchy was a civil war in England and Normandy between 1135 and 1154, which resulted in a widespread breakdown in law and order. The conflict began with a succession crisis towards the end of the reign of Henry I, when the king's only legitimate son, William Adelin, died aboard the White Ship in 1120. Henry's attempts to install his daughter, the Empress Matilda, as his successor were unsuccessful and on Henry's death in 1135, his nephew Stephen of Blois seized the throne with the help of his brother, Henry, bishop of Winchester. Stephen's early reign was marked by fierce fighting with English barons, rebellious Welsh leaders and Scottish invaders. Following a major rebellion in the south-west of England, Matilda invaded in 1139 with the help of her half-brother, Robert of Gloucester.
              First Barons' War (1215–17) – in England, The First Barons' War (1215–17) was a civil war in the Kingdom of England in which a group of rebellious barons, led by Robert Fitzwalter and supported by a French army under the future Louis VIII of France, made war on King John of England. The war resulted from the king's refusal to accept and abide by the Magna Carta he had sealed on 15 June 1215, and from the ambitions of the French prince, who dragged the war on after many of the rebel barons had made peace with John.
              Second Barons' War (1264–67) – in England, The Second Barons' War (1264–67) was a civil war in England between the forces of a number of barons led by Simon de Montfort against Royalist forces led by Prince Edward (later Edward I of England), in the name of Henry III.
              Despenser War (1321–22) – Baronial revolt against Edward II instigated by Marcher Lords in opposition to court favourite Hugh Despenser.
              Wars of the Roses (1455–87) – in England and Wales; Richard III was the last English king to die in combat, The Wars of the Roses were a series of dynastic wars for the throne of England. They were fought between supporters of two rival branches of the royal House of Plantagenet, the houses of Lancaster and York. They were fought in several sporadic episodes between 1455 and 1487.
              The English Civil War (1642–51) was a series of armed conflicts and political machinations between Parliamentarians ("Roundheads") and Royalists ("Cavaliers") in the Kingdom of England over, principally, the manner of its government. The first (1642–46) and second (1648–49) wars pitted the supporters of King Charles I against the supporters of the Long Parliament, while the third (1649–51) saw fighting between supporters of King Charles II and supporters of the Rump Parliament. The war ended with the Parliamentarian victory at the Battle of Worcester on 3 September 1651. The overall outcome of the war was threefold: the trial and execution of Charles I; the exile of his son, Charles II; and the replacement of English monarchy with, at first, the Commonwealth of England (1649–53) and then the Protectorate (1653–59) under Oliver Cromwell's personal rule. The monopoly of the Church of England on Christian worship in England ended. Constitutionally, the wars established the precedent that an English monarch cannot govern without Parliament's consent, although the idea of parliament as the ruling power of England was legally established as part of the Glorious Revolution in 1688.
              Monmouth Rebellion (1685) – in England, The Monmouth Rebellion, also known as The Revolt of the West or The West Country rebellion, was an attempt to overthrow James II, who had become King of England, Scotland and Ireland upon the death of his elder brother Charles II on 6 February 1685.

and then of course there is Ireland

917-1014 Viking invasion of Ireland Viking forces withdrawal at the battle of Clontarf
              1169–75 Norman invasion of Ireland
              1315–18 Bruce campaign in Ireland Part of the First War of Scottish Independence
              1333–38 Burke Civil War
              1534 Silken Thomas's Rebellion
              1569–73 First Desmond Rebellion Part of the Tudor conquest of Ireland
              1579–83 Second Desmond Rebellion Part of the Tudor conquest of Ireland
              1594–1603 Nine Years' War Part of the Tudor conquest of Ireland
              1641–42 Irish Rebellion of 1641 Part of the Eleven Years' War
              1642–49 Confederate War Part of the Eleven Years' War
              1649–53 Cromwellian conquest of Ireland Part of the Eleven Years' War
              1689–91 Williamite–Jacobite War Part of the War of the Grand Alliance
              1798 Irish Rebellion of 1798
              1803 Irish Rebellion of 1803
              1831–36 Tithe War
              1848 Young Irelander Rebellion
              1867 Fenian Rising
              1870–93 Land War
              1916 Easter Rising
              1919–22 Irish War of Independence
              1922–23 Irish Civil War
              1942–44 "Northern Campaign"
              1956–62 "Border Campaign"
              1969–98 "The Troubles"
              1998– Dissident Irish Republican campaign

So even our little quiet space has been a bit messy from time to time
              Last edited by Toby; 14 Feb 17,, 18:47.

Comment

Originally posted by snapper View Post
                And there you go again attacking me and ignoring the facts of the argument.
                Facts??? an arguement?? When did that happen???...All I know is you did your usual and went off on a tangent. You produced your handbag and failing totally to see any humour bashed me over the head with it repeatedly. Mind you it was Friday night and the Balvenie was empty on Saturday morning

Comment

QUOTE=Toby;1021845]Facts??? an arguement?? When did that happen???...All I know is you did your usual and went off on a tangent. You produced your handbag and failing totally to see any humour bashed me over the head with it repeatedly. Mind you it was Friday night and the Balvenie was empty on Saturday morning[/QUOTE]

Ok... let me try to explain to you what is known as the fallacy of ad hominen... You made a comment regarding the bourgeoisie;

Regardless of nation...the bourgeoisie always manage to feather their nest at the expense of others.
                  I responded that the last border changes made in Europe were courteous of Hitler and Stalin with the acquiescence of the West. Yet you chose not to reply to my argument but attack me;

There you go again ranting about how hard the world has been to poor old you....Putting words in people's mouths that were never there and generally talking total [email protected] doubt you've ever seen the Ukraine. Your a fantasist living in la La land ......get a job a real one and stop pretending
                  What I have done in Ukraine or elsewhere is not the issue. You fail to address the point I make but instead seek to denounce me (though you nothing of me or Ukraine).
                  ad hominem definition:

1. (of an argument or reaction) directed against a person rather than the position they are maintaining.
                  "an ad hominem response"

Get it?

Comment

Get it?
                    Yes dear, Now be a good girl and take your HRT tablets...All will be well in the morning...

Comment

Below me.

Comment

Below me.
                        I had to read that twice....

Comment

Okay, enough of the trolling
                          In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Originally posted by Parihaka View Post
                            Okay, enough of the trolling
                            You seriously need a new photo

Comment

Comment

I can find you
                                In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Working...
                                X