1000 years of European border changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1000 years of European border changes

Not sure that starting another thread with nothing to say further on the issue contributes to the previous discussion... It certainly adds no weight to your misguided and dangerous disregard for international law.

Comment

There's international law?
      In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Originally posted by Parihaka View Post
        Certainly but not sure what an empty thread about a discussion elsewhere adds.

Comment

Originally posted by Parihaka View Post
          Yes.It has only one article:the last argument of kings.
          Those who know don't speak
          He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

Comment

Originally posted by snapper View Post
            not sure that starting another thread with nothing to say further on the issue contributes to the previous discussion... It certainly adds no weight to your misguided and dangerous disregard for international law.
            lol, It was a present for Zara. She asked for one map to keep things simple. So there you go, It's the best I could do to keep it simple!

Plus I knew you guys would be along to provide entertainment ;)

Plus plus that Map deserves its own Thread in my humble opinion COZ like its brill
            Last edited by Toby; 13 Feb 17,, 21:50.

Comment

Originally posted by Mihais View Post
              Yes.It has only one article:the last argument of kings.
              and that its a safe bet that Europes borders are prone to alterations

Comment

Originally posted by Toby View Post
                lol, It was a present for Zara. She asked for one map to keep things simple.
                Don't see a map... I suspect also I know more about border changes than you.

Comment

Don't see a map...
                  I can recommend a good optician

I suspect also I know more about border changes than you.
                  Sound like you're going through the change, from where I'm sat.

Comment

I can recommend a good optician
                    Perhaps it is my computer as sadly I can read you words.

Sound like you're going through the change, from where I'm sat.
                    My family has lived through more border changes by death and war over the centuries than "This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England" has in all it's great history. Borders are "squiggles in the dirt" for you because you do not have to fight for them or your home. My family home is no longer in the same country it was in 1939 and though I am Polish and my home now in Western Ukraine I would not wish war for it's return to Poland or even talk of such a return but rather a central European Commonwealth where borders become irrelevant; even Belarus has recently lifted visa regulation for 80 countries and this is the "last dictator in Europe".
                    Last edited by snapper; 13 Feb 17,, 23:42.

Comment

Perhaps it is my computer as sadly I can read you words.

My family has lived through more border changes by death and war over the centuries than "This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England" has in all it's great history. Borders are "squiggles in the dirt" for you because you do not have to fight for them or your home. My family home is no longer in the same country it was in 1939 and though I am Polish and my home now in Western Ukraine I would not wish war for it's return to Poland or even talk of such a return but rather a central European Commonwealth where borders become irrelevant; even Belarus has recently lifted visa regulation for 80 countries and this is the "last dictator in Europe".
                      Regardless of nation...the bourgeoisie always manage to feather their nest at the expense of others.

Comment

Have you been reading Das Kapital or something? The whole of Central Europe was enslaved by Soviet Communism and jumped and sometimes died at any opportunity to break free from it. Nor do I see what the bourgeoisie have to do with border changes historically. May I remind you who forced through the last border changes in Europe? Hitler and then Stalin with Churchill, but more particularly Roosevelt, acquiescing in Stalin's plans. Putin now attempts a similar thing and over 10,000 Ukrainians have died because of it and that's fine by your rules apparently. Was Stalin bothered about the bourgeoisie? It was the commies avowed task to destroy the middle class. This is nothing to do with classes, fighting for your homeland against any aggressor anywhere ennobles you, sh*t though it may be. One should not have to obviously as borders are usually agreed by both neighbours. I do not have a problem with borders changing by mutual and free agreement; the Czech Republic returned some land to Poland not long ago I recall and no fighting or arguments were involved. I have a problem with those who trespass on my lawn and shoot at me though.

Comment

Regardless of nation...the bourgeoisie always manage to feather their nest at the expense of others.

Geez,really miss a Nurnberg style trial.
                          Those who know don't speak
                          He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

Comment

Originally posted by Mihais View Post
                            Geez,really miss a Nurnberg style trial.
                            More Hollywood than Numberg.

Comment

Have you been reading Das Kapital or something? The whole of Central Europe was enslaved by Soviet Communism and jumped and sometimes died at any opportunity to break free from it. Nor do I see what the bourgeoisie have to do with border changes historically. May I remind you who forced through the last border changes in Europe? Hitler and then Stalin with Churchill, but more particularly Roosevelt, acquiescing in Stalin's plans. Putin now attempts a similar thing and over 10,000 Ukrainians have died because of it and that's fine by your rules apparently. Was Stalin bothered about the bourgeoisie? It was the commies avowed task to destroy the middle class. This is nothing to do with classes, fighting for your homeland against any aggressor anywhere ennobles you, sh*t though it may be. One should not have to obviously as borders are usually agreed by both neighbours. I do not have a problem with borders changing by mutual and free agreement; the Czech Republic returned some land to Poland not long ago I recall and no fighting or arguments were involved. I have a problem with those who trespass on my lawn and shoot at me though.
                              There you go again ranting about how hard the world has been to poor old you....Putting words in people's mouths that were never there and generally talking total [email protected] doubt you've ever seen the Ukraine. Your a fantasist living in la La land ......get a job a real one and stop pretending

Comment

Working...
                              X