Trumps commitment to NATO to be tested with Montenegro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Toby View Post
    Borders don't actually exist, they're man made....So all those fancy line are just squiggles in the dirt.... ;)

Great! Send me your address and sign it over to me before I send some thugs to move you out as your man made squiggle in the dirt does not exist.

Comment

Originally posted by snapper View Post
      Great! Send me your address and sign it over to me before I send some thugs to move you out as your man made squiggle in the dirt does not exist.
      OK do you have an address I can send it to..and is it in the blue or red?

Comment

You do not need my address. You will need my lawyers address so they can verify that you have signed over your scratch in the dirt to me. I would hate to send the thugs in and I assure you that you are making a very decision for your and your families sake.

Nor would I agree with the second map necessarily and the blue and red distinction. There are two types of peoples in Europe; those who know that freedom, security and the laws these things derive from cannot be taken for granted and that sometimes you must fight and die for them and those who have grown soft and think these things are some sort integral part of the world. I know which camp I am in.

Comment

Originally posted by zara View Post
          Doktor, I went to Macedonia for new year in 2009, was great craic.
          What is a 'Membership Action plan country'?
          It is a country that fullfills all the requirements, but is blocked due to an issue a member country has with.

2009? We are far worse now.
          No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Originally posted by zara View Post
            Doktor, I went to Macedonia for new year in 2009, was great craic.
            What is a 'Membership Action plan country'?
            Might need to explain to people about the craic...(pronounced like crack in Ireland)

Comment

You do not need my address. You will need my lawyers address so they can verify that you have signed over your scratch in the dirt to me. I would hate to send the thugs in and I assure you that you are making a very decision for your and your families sake.
              Yes I know, I do this sort of thing most weekends

Nor would I agree with the second map necessarily and the blue and red distinction. There are two types of peoples in Europe; those who know that freedom, security and the laws these things derive from cannot be taken for granted and that sometimes you must fight and die for them and those who have grown soft and think these things are some sort integral part of the world. I know which camp I am in
              What ..no descriptions of marauding Cossacks, Rampaging Huns or murderous Mongols???

Comment

Originally posted by tantalus View Post
                Might need to explain to people about the craic...(pronounced like crack in Ireland)
                Its an English word the Irish use considerably

Comment

What ..no descriptions of marauding Cossacks, Rampaging Huns or murderous Mongols???
                  It does not matter what or who threatens you; the principle is the same, the law is for the protection of the weak. That does not mean that the powerful will not try to abuse it or subvert it for their own purposes; they will and often do whether be by making tax deals or 'creative accountancy' or some President or Minister abusing his position for his own personal gain (quite common in Ukraine sadly). This is what the recent Romanian protests were about and much of what the Ukrainian Maidan revolution was about. It seems to me that you do not understand this or you would not so easily discount the basis of your liberties.

Comment

It seems to me that you do not understand this or you would not so easily discount the basis of your liberties.
                    More contradictions. If that was true I wouldn't have voted to leave the EU.

Comment

More contradictions. If that was true I wouldn't have voted to leave the EU.
                      Not sure your remark points out any contradiction in what I said, just some confusion on your part. Never mind; hopefully you will never have to fight for you liberty so it is fine for you to say borders and laws are rubbish because others will fight for you.
                      Last edited by snapper; 11 Feb 17,, 14:30.

Comment

Not sure your remark points out any contradiction in what I said, just some confusion on your part.
                        Confused is the last thing I am. However you are a hypocrite

Never mind; hopefully you will never have to fight for you liberty
                        You think, I guess you're not paying attention.

so it is fine for you to say borders and laws are rubbish because others will fight for you.
                        Incorrect on all points

Your score 0/3

Comment

Confused is the last thing I am. However you are a hypocrite
                          Statements without reasoning, backing or evidence mean nothing. "You're an elephant!". Nor has how you voted in the EU referendum anything to do with your dismissal of the importance of law.

Comment

Not sure your remark points out any contradiction in what I said, just some confusion on your part. Never mind; hopefully you will never have to fight for you liberty so it is fine for you to say borders and laws are rubbish because others will fight for you.
                            Borders are rubbish, unless it's your own home at stake. Or job.
                            No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Originally posted by Doktor View Post
                              Borders are rubbish, unless it's your own home at stake. Or job.
                              That is precisely my point... If borders are rubbish, albeit they have been agreed by consenting parties at some point, then both your country and your home are at stake. If a countries border means nothing why should an individuals property mean anything or vice versa? Of course for the commies this was no problem - nobody owned anything and the mythical 'people' (which translated as the Party) owned everything but if you once do away with borders the foundation of property rights and laws falls apart and you must either fall back on the commie excuse or live in a world of barbarism where might equals right.

To get back to the subject of the thread though Zapad 2017 exercises is coming. It is thought upto 100,000 Muscovite troops may take part in these exercises. The Baltics, and for sure Lukashenka (who held his own exercises last week) are worried (more here http://www.cbsnews.com/news/putin-10...lip-breedlove/). The Montenegrin 'coup' was foiled/botched but this looks far more dangerous with Trump deeply compromised and floundering in his own stupidity. Mattis is due in Europe next week as well for a NATO meeting.
                              Last edited by snapper; 11 Feb 17,, 18:04.

Comment

Originally posted by Doktor View Post
                                It is a country that fullfills all the requirements, but is blocked due to an issue a member country has with.

2009? We are far worse now.

You mean Greece? Over the name Macedonia?
                                I saw that they threw a wobbler over the naming of Alexander the great airport. Such a ridicolous thing to fight over.

My mates dad lives in Skopje, he says the countries falling apart with corruption right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X