The Global Political Meltdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Global Political Meltdown

I thought it might be useful to acknowledge that the current economic and consequently political upheavals facing nearly all western countries are linked together.
    Arguments are invariably way too narrow because You/we are living in our own little bubble. Political leaders offer no solution, because they are constrained by the Banking system which has delivered us into our current mess. Thus far we have managed to avoid or dodge the fundamental reasons for the failures of 2008 by printing money and pretending everything will be just fine. All the while many have become poorer and increasingly disconnected...
    The Romans used the phrase "dīvide et īmpera"(divide and rule) Think of the Romans as the banks and countries as the divided. In other words stretch your mind past your patriotic/ nationalistic mindset (of which I'm guilty also) and see the very big picture!

Mark Blythe runs through the current sequence of events quite nicely

I'd place faith in the next generation. After all the young in many middle eastern countries are not just turning away from radical Islam, they are turning away from religion altogther. The young didn't vote for Trump and they didn't vote for Brexit. As Snapper said in another thread, Trump and Putin are old men and their influence won't last forever.

We'll all just have to ride the crazy train for the next 4-8 years.

Comment

Originally posted by zara View Post
      I'd place faith in the next generation. After all the young in many middle eastern countries are not just turning away from radical Islam, they are turning away from religion altogther. The young didn't vote for Trump and they didn't vote for Brexit. As Snapper said in another thread, Trump and Putin are old men and their influence won't last forever.

http://www.marcomm.news/gen-z-is-the...n-before-1945/

You couldn't be more wrong, Generation Z is the generation that has the most conservative views after the silent generation,

After all, it's countercultural to be on the right now, so expect a lot more youth ;)

Comment

No way am i voting libtards , no way , you ride it all you want but leave , we , out of it .

Comment

Originally posted by Bridgeburner_ View Post
          http://www.marcomm.news/gen-z-is-the...n-before-1945/

You couldn't be more wrong, Generation Z is the generation that has the most conservative views after the silent generation,

After all, it's countercultural to be on the right now, so expect a lot more youth ;)
          Conservative views are fine, its the Alt-right views that are the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by tankie View Post
            No way am i voting libtards , no way , you ride it all you want but leave , we , out of it .
            Sorry Tankie you can opt out of the single Market but you can't opt out of Trump.

Comment

Is this the new Brexit thread after the other two were closed down?

Comment

Originally posted by kato View Post
                God I hope not....lol

Comment

It's the new Godwins law.. All conversations lead to the B word

Comment

Sorry Tankie you can opt out of the single Market but you can't opt out of Trump.
                    Long live Trump

Comment

Ask zara

Comment

Originally posted by tankie View Post
                        Ask zara
                        Politics seem to work on a 30-40 year cycle, so in term of trashing the apple cart and dropping one in the middle of an already developing sh-t storm Trump look like the Ideal guy. The average joe is going to get some major delight along the line.. GO TRUMP ..Stick it to these parasites!

Comment

Since we declared this the new Brexit thread above:

The British ambassador to the EU, Tim Barrow, has announced that May will officially file for Article 50 on March 29th. The EU plans to react within 48 hours, followed by a special Brexit summit in early April during which the EU Member States (sans the UK) will pass negotiation guidelines on how to pound the UK six feet under... err, on how to proceed with Britain's orderly exit from the EU. May's declaration will follow the celebration for the 60th anniversary of the Treaty of Rome held March 25th, which all EU leaders - sans May, obviously - will attend. Factually, decisions will already be prepared during this meeting.

Comment

Since we declared this the new Brexit thread above:

The British ambassador to the EU, Tim Barrow, has announced that May will officially file for Article 50 on March 29th. The EU plans to react within 48 hours, followed by a special Brexit summit in early April during which the EU Member States (sans the UK) will pass negotiation guidelines on how to pound the UK six feet under... err, on how to proceed with Britain's orderly exit from the EU. May's declaration will follow the celebration for the 60th anniversary of the Treaty of Rome held March 25th, which all EU leaders - sans May, obviously - will attend. Factually, decisions will already be prepared during this meeting.
                            Please please give me even one REAL reason for the EU to pound the UK into oblivion. One that doesn't put a bullet through their own heads....I'm just dying to know ...lol

Comment

I thought it might be useful to acknowledge that the current economic and consequently political upheavals facing nearly all western countries are linked together.
                              Arguments are invariably way too narrow because You/we are living in our own little bubble. Political leaders offer no solution, because they are constrained by the Banking system which has delivered us into our current mess. Thus far we have managed to avoid or dodge the fundamental reasons for the failures of 2008 by printing money and pretending everything will be just fine. All the while many have become poorer and increasingly disconnected...
                              The Romans used the phrase "dīvide et īmpera"(divide and rule) Think of the Romans as the banks and countries as the divided. In other words stretch your mind past your patriotic/ nationalistic mindset (of which I'm guilty also) and see the very big picture!

Mark Blythe runs through the current sequence of events quite nicely

Comment

Working...
                              X