Stolen guns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stolen guns

Last Tuesday night (Jan 24) while I was at the VFW Post having dinner, somebody knew I would be there and also knew my wife had died. Therefore no one (except our small dog) was home.

THEY TRASHED THE PLACE. They literally ripped my gun cabinet out of the wall (I had it bolted to a stud) and took the guns that were in it, a loaded Ruger D.A. .357 Mag in my end table, a customized 98 Mauser (rechambered to .30-06 with a Fajen Thumbhole Stock that was in a locked carrying case) and a smaller carrying case that carried two .22 rifles over 100 years old that were family heirlooms.

PLUS all of my wife's jewelry, our digital cameras and tried to take my tablet but dropped it on the way out and broke it.

Be on the lookout for a Luger Artillery (#5231), Snail drum mag (#746326), standard wood bottom mag (#3713) & Snail drum loading tool (#9425). Also an H&R Model 999 .22 9-shot revolver #78344.

Plus a couple of M-1 Garands, and 03-A3 Sprgfld, M-94 .30-30 Win, M-97 Win 12 gauge riot gun, Colt .45 ACP National Match with low profile Eliason sights.

Contact your own Law Enforcement agency who will contact Long Beach PD.

First my wife dies 10 days before Christmas and these bastards add insult to injury by destroying the rest of my life. Therefore, do not look for Revision "B" of my book. I was almost done with the revisions and corrections but don't care anymore.

Oh yes, we have locked the barn door after the horse was gone. The next day (Wednesday) my daughter and son-in-law (with the help of one of their neighbors) installed a video security system.

Oh, and on THAT Wednesday night another house just one block away was also hit. But I have no firearms for personal protection. But I have resharpened my throwing knives and have some swords within reach. As if at my age I can recall my skill as a semi-pro knife thrower that used to put on educational and charity shows.

Otherwise, I don't see much need for me to be around anymore as my losses have left me a totally useless old codger with nothing better to do than play around on this idiot box EXCEPT to give you friends a warning. If you do not have a security system installed -- DO IT NOW.
    Able to leap tall tales in a single groan.

Rusty, please don't let the damn criminal element run you down. Those miserable SOB's will love bringing you down to an emotional dead end that they find in their daily lives. The World's good folks have to find a way to rise above it, or otherwise what is it at all about?

Your long barreled Luger, particularly the rare snail drum is what should most likely raise the alarm bells to the authorities/pawn shops to catch the scum bags.

Try to keep your head up Rusty, there are a lot of people pulling for you!

Comment

I don't see any snail drums for sale in Southern California as I believe they are illegal to sell in California, but one shop in Culver City is selling a snail drum loader.

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/616724647
      Last edited by surfgun; 30 Jan 17,, 00:58.

Comment

Originally posted by surfgun View Post
        Rusty, please don't let the damn criminal element run you down. Those miserable SOB's will love bringing you down to an emotional dead end that they find in their daily lives. The World's good folks have to find a way to rise above it, or otherwise what is it at all about?

Your long barreled Luger, particularly the rare snail drum is what should most likely raise the alarm bells to the authorities/pawn shops to catch the scum bags.

Try to keep your head up Rusty, there are a lot of people pulling for you!
        Amen. Rusty, rest your spirit awhile. We all need to some times. I bet these bastards wouldn't so much sting you like a mosquito on an elephant except right now when you've just lost the love of your life. But by golly you've got a lot of people pulling for you. Who you are and the good things you've done in your life no one can ever steal.

Comment

Rusty:

Sorry for your loss, particularly of your wife. I hope that with the passage of time you will think differently about throwing in the towel.

It's natural to be discouraged in these circumstances, but try not to be. As the old saying goes: Discouragement is the devil's most effective weapon.
          To be Truly ignorant, Man requires an Education - Plato

Comment

Rusty my sincere condolences on the passing of your wife and the sense of violation that comes from having your house burgled.

I may be stating the obvious but if you had an itemized list of serial numbers and photos of the jewellery it will help the local PD a lot. Can't tell from your description if the breaking was done by pros or just kids - you can hope for kids because they are dumb enough to try and sell your stuff locally.

One more thing, if you haven't already I suggest asking some friends to help you in perusing gun sale websites for 'local' weapons on offer that match yours. If you find a possible match give the local PD the details. Other than sorry to say the f*&^#@s may come back - once you've restocked, so beef up the physical security - a lot.

Hope it works out and you aren't bothered again.
            Last edited by Monash; 30 Jan 17,, 07:59.
            If you are emotionally invested in 'believing' something is true you have lost the ability to tell if it is true.

Comment

Rusty,

I'm truly sorry for your loss.

please let us know if there's anything we at WAB can do. we'll be here for you, and you are most certainly not a totally useless old codger. it's a testament to your character that you think of others even during your own trying time.
              There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by astralis View Post
                Rusty,

I'm truly sorry for your loss.

please let us know if there's anything we at WAB can do. we'll be here for you, and you are most certainly not a totally useless old codger. it's a testament to your character that you think of others even during your own trying time.
                +1.
                No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Interestingly, I received a standard letter from the NRA (I'm a Life Member of course) asking about a program of whom I would bequeath my guns to upon my passing (they are looking for items the NRA museum would like). My Military arms would go to the Battleship Iowa's small arms display museum. At least four of the guns are family heirlooms (3 of them over 100 years old).

So, I typed up a list and sent it back to the NRA and asked for their watchdogs at the upcoming gun shows to keep a lookout for anything close to their descriptions. I now have 3,000,000 pairs of eyes looking for them.

I have absolutely no firearms at home for self protection. Well, if somebody wants to drop off a Colt 1911 in.45 ACP, I do have some snake shot left to load into it.

Why snake shot? Well, I don't really want to kill anybody (paperwork on that is horrible). But they will still live to answer police interrogation. But at my age, my wrist isn't as strong as it used to be and my shots might hit a bit low. So their answers may be in Alto or Soprano instead of Baritone.

Comment

Sorry to hear about this Rusty. For someone to violate the home you shared with your late wife so soon after her death is no small thing. I hope they catch these bastards.

I hope that as the anger recedes you will reconsider hanging up your pen, so to speak. There are so very few people in this world with the passion & ability to leave behind the sort of written legacy you have. It would be sad to see it incomplete because of the criminality of people unfit to breathe free air. Your work will still be around long after they are forgotten.

be well mate. :-)
                    sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfella View Post
                      Sorry to hear about this Rusty. For someone to violate the home you shared with your late wife so soon after her death is no small thing. I hope they catch these bastards.

I hope that as the anger recedes you will reconsider hanging up your pen, so to speak. There are so very few people in this world with the passion & ability to leave behind the sort of written legacy you have. It would be sad to see it incomplete because of the criminality of people unfit to breathe free air. Your work will still be around long after they are forgotten.

be well mate. :-)
                      Thank you as well as all the other WAB members offering their sympathy.

I'm supposed to go over to my in-law's home for a birthday dinner of my son-in-law. They only live about 3 blocks away. But I'm afraid of leaving my house alone after dark. Hmmm. Maybe I'll have my daughter pick me up so I can leave my truck out front. Wouldn't do to leave my wife's car as I already gave it away to my son-in-law and had it taken off my insurance.

As for the book, since I have to stay home at night I want to go back and finish the upgrades, such as where to build a new Long Beach Naval Shipyard. As a matter of fact, where it can be built was envisioned as an extension of the shipyard. Which is really strange because if the Port of Long Beach installed it there, they would have an extra 20 or so acres to park their Hanjin containers on.

Well, at least before Hanjin went bankrupt and the Port is looking for a new renter now.

Comment

Just spent 4 hours at the gun show in Portland. Your guns didnt end up here as far as I can tell.
                        Removing a single turd from the cesspool doesn't make any difference.

Comment

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
                          Just spent 4 hours at the gun show in Portland. Your guns didnt end up here as far as I can tell.
                          Thanks for looking. But I think the Garands and Colt National Match may already be in the Phillipines by now.

Comment

Originally posted by RustyBattleship View Post
                            Thanks for looking. But I think the Garands and Colt National Match may already be in the Phillipines by now.
                            Why the Philippines, Rusty?

BTW, Kudos to Bonehead for making the effort to look for them at the gun show.
                            To be Truly ignorant, Man requires an Education - Plato

Comment

Working...
                            X