San Diego - my old Kodachromes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• San Diego - my old Kodachromes

Finally got a good slide scanner as I tended to shoot a lot of Kodachrome between 1970-90. Either that or Tri-X. Pulled an old box out and saw these which have been in storage since maybe 1979.
    Attached Files

more....
    Attached Files

Comment

For carrier buffs and football trivia fans. Two carriers in port in picture 1. Football game 2-4 has a famous name.
      Attached Files

Comment

Next up soon my 1980 NYC shots from the top of the Empire State and World Trade Center. I knew I took them but hadn't laid eyes on them since 1980.

Comment

love it. UCSD alumni, so usually when we wanted to get away from La Jolla for the weekend, it was off to SD we go. great memories, even if the timeframes are different!
          There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

SDSU alumni 1976. When not at State or working I lived up near the top of Mt. Sloedad, La Jolla. Those shots are from early September 1978 while I was still on summer break from grad school UC Berkeley.

Comment

Awesome pics! I still have my Pentax and will not part with it! :-)

Comment

Those shots used a Minolta SRT-101 and Kodachrome 25 slide film. Still have that camera along with a dozen other Minolta SLRs.

What Pentax are you referring to as there were several. I just had two Spotmatic F cameras, a MX, and a Nikon F2 given to my office since some of my collection is on display. Those three Pentax cameras are out for a tune up and then will join another Spotmatic F, a Spotmatic and an SV. The F2 joins three other Nikkormats and is the first top of the line Nikon I have ever handled.

Comment

Great pictures, thanks for sharing! The downtown skyline has changed quite a bit over the years. Lighthouse is still the same.

Comment

Actually have a bunch of skyline pictures taken day and night from Harbor Island.

Comment

Great photos, feels like listening to Zeppelin on LP.
                      No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Originally posted by JCT View Post
                        Great pictures, thanks for sharing! The downtown skyline has changed quite a bit over the years. Lighthouse is still the same.

July 1979
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by tbm3fan View Post
                          For carrier buffs and football trivia fans. Two carriers in port in picture 1. Football game 2-4 has a famous name.
                          Do my eyes deceive me, or is that the legendary John Madden walking along the sidelines, and Kenny Stabler at the QB position?
                          "There is never enough time to do or say all the things that we would wish. The thing is to try to do as much as you can in the time that you have. Remember Scrooge, time is short, and suddenly, you're not there any more." -Ghost of Christmas Present, Scrooge

Comment

Working...
                          X