Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The war between Trump and the CIA

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Dirty Kiwi Senior Contributor
    Te Whanganui a-Tara, Te Ika a Maui, Aotearoa

The war between Trump and the CIA

It was obvious at yesterdays news conference that Trumps view of the CIA was the worst possible, ostensibly built on some fairly blatant political interference during the campaign. Trump obviously believes that the golden shower documents were released by the CIA, it seems the CIA's campaign against Trump goes deeper and further back than I thought previously.

US intel sources warn Israel against sharing secrets with Trump administration
    In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

One of the less quoted excerpts from yesterdays news conference

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Trump
    Well, I think it's pretty sad when intelligence reports get leaked out to the press. I think it's pretty sad. First of all, it's illegal. You know, these are -- these are classified and certified meetings and reports.
    I'll tell you what does happen. I have many meetings with intelligence. And every time I meet, people are reading about it. Somebody's leaking it out. So, there's - maybe it's my office. Maybe in my office because I have a lot of people, a lot of great people. Maybe it's them. And what I did is I said I won't tell anybody. I'm going to have a meeting and I won't tell anybody about my meeting with intelligence.
    And what happened is I had my meeting. Nobody knew, not even Rhona, my executive assistant for years, she didn't know - I didn't tell her. Nobody knew. The meeting was had, the meeting was over, they left. And immediately the word got out that I had a meeting.
    So, I don't want that - I don't want that. It's very unfair to the country. It's very unfair to our country; what's happened. That report should have never - first of all, it shouldn't have been printed because it's not worth the paper it's written on. And I thank the New York Times for saying that.
    I thank a lot of different people for saying that. But, I will tell you, that should never, ever happen. OK.
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald Trump
    I think it was disgraceful -- disgraceful that the intelligence agencies allowed any information that turned out to be so false and fake out. I think it's a disgrace, and I say that -- and I say that, and that's something that Nazi Germany would have done and did do. I think it's a disgrace that information that was false and fake and never happened got released to the public.

Leibniz

Senior Contributor SteveDaPirate's Avatar
    Didn't take long to invoke Godwin's Law...

Defense ProfessionalSenior Contributor tbm3fan's Avatar
    Well, I think it's pretty sad when intelligence reports get leaked out to the press. I think it's pretty sad. First of all, it's illegal. You know, these are -- these are classified and certified meetings and reports.
    I'll tell you what does happen. I have many meetings with intelligence. And every time I meet, people are reading about it. Somebody's leaking it out. So, there's - maybe it's my office. Maybe in my office because I have a lot of people, a lot of great people. Maybe it's them. And what I did is I said I won't tell anybody. I'm going to have a meeting and I won't tell anybody about my meeting with intelligence.
    And what happened is I had my meeting. Nobody knew, not even Rhona, my executive assistant for years, she didn't know - I didn't tell her. Nobody knew. The meeting was had, the meeting was over, they left. And immediately the word got out that I had a meeting.
    LOL, welcome to the real world of Washington DC.

So, I don't want that - I don't want that. It's very unfair to the country. It's very unfair to our country; what's happened. That report should have never - first of all, it shouldn't have been printed because it's not worth the paper it's written on. And I thank the New York Times for saying that.
    I thank a lot of different people for saying that. But, I will tell you, that should never, ever happen. OK.
    Four years of listening to this is like listening to a 10 year old tell me why he doesn't have to do his homework... Ugh!

Contributor
    If it is about this PDF report:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Byi...MzVk9ndlk/view

Then I am with Trump on this issue.

The damn CIA should know better than to waste my time with this BS.

Senior Contributor
    It is credible HUMINT from a respected source (who's name has now sadly come out) and it's 'wasting your time'?

Turbanator Senior Contributor Double Edge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tbm3fan View Post
    Four years of listening to this is like listening to a 10 year old tell me why he doesn't have to do his homework... Ugh!
    I call this Trump's charm. EVERYBODY can understand where he's coming from. He connects well with the common man. My first impression of Trump at the debates.

The media made fun of Bush's language skills too. Those more circumspect paid attention to what he did ; )
    Last edited by Double Edge; 18 Jan 17, at 18:08.

Defense ProfessionalSenior Contributor tbm3fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveDaPirate View Post
    Didn't take long to invoke Godwin's Law...

So true but let's take it farther for the fun of it. Dare to criticize Trump publicly now and be prepared for his fervent supporters (aka Gestapo) hunt you down on the web or in person. Actually, I don't think I am that far from the truth on that, scary as that is.

It seems to me he missed an important lesson in grade school or the junior high level. That is the lesson where someone you have bullied one day turns around and gives you a good shot in the face. He sure could have used one because it does work.
    Last edited by tbm3fan; 13 Jan 17, at 08:35.

Quote Originally Posted by Parihaka View Post
    One of the less quoted excerpts from yesterdays news conference
    Donald Trump actually knows that it is illegal to reveal classified information?
    So, why did he reveal classified information himself last July regarding US military bases in Saudi Arabia?

Quote Originally Posted by DOR View Post
    Donald Trump actually knows that it is illegal to reveal classified information?
    So, why did he reveal classified information himself last July regarding US military bases in Saudi Arabia?
    Geez...

http://www.snopes.com/trump-leaks-classified-info/

Edit: The Guardian is fake news. : )
    No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Senior Contributor
    Doesn't need to do it himself, his guys are doing it for him.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.7588a64cae32

Intelligence sharing is a two way street. if the israelis clam up why will the US be as forthcoming with Israel.

This isn't useful advice.

There is way too much FUD going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Double Edge View Post
    Intelligence sharing is a two way street. if the israelis clam up why will the US be as forthcoming with Israel.

This isn't useful advice.

There is way too much FUD going on.
    The headline is definitive, the actual content is more 'nuanced'.
    EX-CIA CHIEF REJECTS REPORT ISRAEL WAS WARNED OF SHARING INTEL WITH TRUMP
    The former US intelligence official’s tenure in top posts ran from 1999-2009. He has been a prominent Trump critic, despite serving mainly under a Republican president.

He responded to Bergman’s report and similar reports regarding British Intelligence being concerned about sharing with the US, saying, “I don’t share those concerns. I saw the reporting. I don’t think, even looking at the dynamics we are talking about, I don’t think the Americans would do it. It is still America’s CIA.”

Regarding US-Israeli intelligence cooperation in general, he said that Trump’s pick for CIA director, Mike Pompeo, should see to it that one of his first visits is to Israel.

Hayden advised Pompeo to “reinforce the already rich relations between Israeli and American intelligence.”
    His comments of course have to be viewed through the lens of his active participation in attempting to undermine Trump since his nomination

Retired four-star General Michael Hayden was arguably one of the most prominent critics of Donald Trump’s run for president. The former NSA and CIA director was among 50 national security officials who signed a letter in September warning that Donald Trump was a “risk” to the country’s national security.

Now that the once-unlikely billionaire is our newest president-elect, the risk has become even realer to Hayden.

“Look, I think it’s fair to say that he’s become the president-elect by showing anger, by being accusatory, frankly, not being all that fact-based and scapegoating real and imagined enemies,” Hayden said. “None of that fits into the intelligence picture – that’s very alien to the way intelligence comes at an issue. And unless he has a conversation with what I call the fact-based, inductive, world-as-it-is people and they have a meaningful dialogue, I fear he’s going to continue to act on this other set of beliefs and that’s going to be very bad for America and for the world.”
    Last edited by Parihaka; 18 Jan 17, at 20:25.

Leibniz

Here's a guy you lead me to believe had an active role in undermining Trump, who is no longer in office but his parting shot or one of them is don't trust this administration which he then denies....

He is not very credible. If this kind of shit is happening there is some clean up to do. I hope Trump is the right person to do it. Because things are looking rotten.

I stand by my first comment.
    Last edited by Double Edge; 18 Jan 17, at 21:02.

Quote Originally Posted by Double Edge View Post
    Here's a guy you lead me to believe had an active role in undermining Trump, who is no longer in office but his parting shot or one of them is don't trust this administration which he then denies....

He is not very credible. If this kind of shit is happening there is some clean up to do. I hope Trump is the right person to do it. Because things are looking rotten.

I stand by my first comment.
    We're in agreement. :-) I posted the second article in response to the first report last week, it's simply more disinformation from a 'never Trumper'.
    The CIA has long since moved past its mandate. Like the Dems, it believes Trump and the new political conservative movements as enemies to the 'US', the 'US' being defined as the way they in the establishment wants it.

Leibniz

Thread Information