Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Toby View Post
    Zara is that you??
    Does it suprise you that I'm not the only one who despises the Kippers?

Comment

And voting liberal is a wasted vote?

25% of the popular vote and UKIP gets 1 seat.
      Now thats a wasted vote

Comment

Originally posted by zara View Post
        And voting liberal is a wasted vote?

25% of the popular vote and UKIP gets 1 seat.
        Now thats a wasted vote
        God save us from proportional representation and on all who sail for her. Gridlock that's what you'd get. Voting is not about being fair. It's about getting a result so that everybody knows what direction we're travelling in. Without fpp you'd have dithering joey's running the country

Comment

God save us from proportional representation and on all who sail for her. Gridlock that's what you'd get. Voting is not about being fair. It's about getting a result so that everybody knows what direction we're travelling in. Without fpp you'd have dithering joey's running the country
          Its true FPP delivers decisive governments. It works well in a two party system, but most votes are wasted.
          PR is fairer, forces compromise, but as you say it can cause gridlock.

As a lib dem im supposted to support it but not sure I want a parliament that is 40% UKIP, 40% Marxist

Comment

Its true FPP delivers decisive governments. It works well in a two party system, but most votes are wasted.
            PR is fairer, forces compromise, but as you say it can cause gridlock.

As a lib dem im supposted to support it but not sure I want a parliament that is 40% UKIP, 40% Marxist
            Life isn't fair either.....Can't see Corbyn getting 40% more like 4%....and half of them will be stoned

Comment

Life isn't fair either.....Can't see Corbyn getting 40% more like 4%....and half of them will be stoned
              Corbyn is tearing labour apart , hes as much use as tits on fish . Clegg the same ,IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by tankie View Post
                Corbyn is tearing labour apart , hes as much use as tits on fish . Clegg the same ,IMHO.
                And Fallon too..

Comment

This was a post from one of our party focus group coordinators this morning:

Yesterday I went to a talk given by Sir Nicholas Soames MP, who's been a politician for 34 years and interestingly is the grandson of Winston Churchill. I got to ask my obligatory question about the Lib Dems, and his response was beyond encouraging.
                  My question: ‘With Labour in such turmoil, do you see the Lib Dems coming back and pushing at Conservative seats?’
                  His response: ‘The Lib Dems will come back, and they’ll come back in all sorts of surprising ways. You see they’re doing very well in local council elections, and they’re Lib Dems: they get around, they chisel away. Never, ever, ever think we’ve got rid of them’.
                  He went on to say: ‘Of course they’ll be back, [plus] never underestimate Tim Farron’.

Comment

This was a post from one of our party focus group coordinators this morning:

Yesterday I went to a talk given by Sir Nicholas Soames MP, who's been a politician for 34 years and interestingly is the grandson of Winston Churchill. I got to ask my obligatory question about the Lib Dems, and his response was beyond encouraging.
                    My question: ‘With Labour in such turmoil, do you see the Lib Dems coming back and pushing at Conservative seats?’
                    His response: ‘The Lib Dems will come back, and they’ll come back in all sorts of surprising ways. You see they’re doing very well in local council elections, and they’re Lib Dems: they get around, they chisel away. Never, ever, ever think we’ve got rid of them’.
                    He went on to say: ‘Of course they’ll be back, [plus] never underestimate Tim Farron’.
                    It's enough to bring a tear to my eye....

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	eu.fw.png
Views:	1
Size:	273.4 KB
ID:	1470301

Comment

You won't change anything. By maintaining the status quo. If you think things don't need to change. You've either got a job that relies on EU funding or you're simply not paying attention to other people's lives....which is a total lack of empathy. People don't want change because the EU is serving them well....

Comment

I posted it to show the rapid growth of the party and to emphasize the point that Tim Farron is doing a good job as leader.
                          We need change, but not the regressive change of throwing up borders across Ireland, kicking out foreigners and becoming a Tory low corporation tax, low regulation wet dream.

Comment

Fishing for votes Zara?

If they keep up this momentum then perhaps they'll get mine.

Comment

I posted it to show the rapid growth of the party and to emphasize the point that Tim Farron is doing a good job as leader.
                              We need change, but not the regressive change of throwing up borders across Ireland, kicking out foreigners and becoming a Tory low corporation tax, low regulation wet dream.
                              I'd rather that than live under an unelected dictatorial regime. I guess you'd have rolled over after Dunkirk as well.....We'd all be goose stepping if your lot were in. Tom fellon 'd be lickin Hitlers boots

Comment

Originally posted by Markobee View Post
                                Fishing for votes Zara?

If they keep up this momentum then perhaps they'll get mine.
                                Best not to mention Momentum!
                                Would be great to get your vote Marko. If your interested in getting involved PM me and I can put you in touch with your local team. They're a very welcoming bunch and thers lots of new members who like yourself are turned off by the new UKIP lite tory party (or the Bluekips as I've heard them called)

Comment

Working...
                                X