Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Clegg's Great Reform Act?

Quote Originally Posted by zara View Post
    How do you work that out?
    Pure math.
    No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Doesnt matter what you think of him, you would never vote liberal. What matters is that the party is having a revival under his leadership.
    It could hardly have dropped any further, which is how you got Fallon as leader

Personally I think the party needs a more charasmatic leader to capitalise in a general election.
    One that doesn't look like a glove puppet would be a good start.

Senior Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by Doktor View Post
    Pure math.
    Unless Im being extremely thick I can't see how you can extrapolate that from the data. Can you please explain?

Unless Im being extremely thick I can't see how you can extrapolate that from the data. Can you please explain?
    A jump from 0 to 3 is impossible to measure, it's infinity. Use a calculator. A jump from 4 to 24 is 500%. So PC has a better rise. Mathematically, of course. Just what they did.

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Senior Contributor
    A jump from 0 to 3 is impossible to measure, it's infinity. Use a calculator. A jump from 4 to 24 is 500%. So PC has a better rise. Mathematically, of course. Just what they did.
    What??
    Those numbers are not percentages...
    They are a simple count of council seats won.

What??
    Those numbers are not percentages...
    They are a simple count of council seats won.
    I am out on this one. These number say nothing. Just like if PC claimed they had highest increase in percentages.

Regular
    I am out on this one. These number say nothing. Just like if PC claimed they had highest increase in percentages.
    Your reading the graph completley wrong pal.

I really don't wanna vote liberal democrats next time but with the Tories and Labour both parties of Brexit, there's not much choice.. Might have to vote for the Greens

Senior Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by Markobee View Post

I really don't wanna vote liberal democrats next time but with the Tories and Labour both parties of Brexit, there's not much choice.. Might have to vote for the Greens
    What's putting you off the lib dems?
    I think an electoral pack is in the pipes with the Greens and liberals, so you may not have a choice..

No, I am not. They want to show progress, like hey, look we got 24 more seats. Cool, compared to what, the Libs and Torries losing some seats?

Fine, PC has a better curve with even less seats won.

This what happens when you want to present the data in a way that suits you. Someone will call you.

Regular
    No, I am not. They want to show progress, like hey, look we got 24 more seats. Cool, compared to what, the Libs and Torries losing some seats?

Fine, PC has a better curve with even less seats won.

This what happens when you want to present the data in a way that suits you. Someone will call you.
    Seriously, your over-interpreting it. They are real physical people in real council seats.
    If you want more evidence of the revival they overturned a 22,000 majority in my neighbouring borough of Richmond, and their vote numbers are hugely up in areas they didn't win.

To answer Zara's question I wouldn't vote for them because their leader Tim Farron abstained on the gay marriage bill. How can they call themselves liberal when they can't even get that right?

Senior Contributor
    Seriously, your over-interpreting it. They are real physical people in real council seats.
    If you want more evidence of the revival they overturned a 22,000 majority in my neighbouring borough of Richmond, and their vote numbers are hugely up in areas they didn't win.

To answer Zara's question I wouldn't vote for them because their leader Tim Farron abstained on the gay marriage bill. How can they call themselves liberal when they can't even get that right?

Yeah I can't really defend that one. It came as a big suprise to me when I joined that the Liberals had a religous wing.. Tim is one of them. I support him because his strategy is winning us votes, but ultimately, we need a more charasmatic leader if we are going to see progress on the national level.

Dont forget the near win in Camerons old constituency! think that was an increase of 26,000 or so

Of course I am. I am calling their BS, that's all.

Regular
    Of course I am. I am calling their BS, that's all.
    It's not BS. It's completely factual. Tell me specifically (and don't say 'the curve' or if you do please state what your measuring) what they are lying about.

Would it help if I listed all the constituencies won or lost? Or would that be 'BS' too?

Senior Contributor
    It's not BS. It's completely factual. Tell me specifically (and don't say 'the curve' or if you do please state what your measuring) what they are lying about.

Would it help if I listed all the constituencies won or lost? Or would that be 'BS' too?
    Let it go Marko, he doesn't want to beleive it, it's not worth the argument.

I am calling the way they represent the numbers. What's so hard to figure? And I am not having a horse in that race. "We finished second and the American was just a millisecond ahead from the last guy"

Thread Information