This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tbm3fan View Post
    I think one would find if they look back far enough they would see Trump going negative on the press first. That would be typical Trump MO. He will try to set the tone and he will try to intimidate. He did it with the Hispanic judge handling a law suit. He is doing it with Mueller right now. In another day and another time he would send Luca Brasi out to have a talk with you. So the fact that the press went negative on him is to be completely expected. Fight fire with fire.
    Ah, the "he started it" defense. So the press is basically acting like a slighted child lashing out because "waaaah, he started it!"? Ok. Fight fire with fire... how mature. Can't imagine why you guys keep losing elections.

Comment

• [QUOTE=DOR;1026752]

This week at least, he seems to want to slash social benefits from the poor so as to be able to hand sacks of cash to the rich /QUOTE]

Lets assume that the health care bill does pass. In what possible way does taking less of someones money in taxes equal handing them sacks of cash? That money already belongs to them. It merely reduces the transfer of wealth from producers to takers. The poor don't pay for Mediciad, its a giant give away for them from the rich and it does diddly squat if you look at health outcomes.

Typical liberal, equating not taking what does not belong to you with giving them something. it was theirs already.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wooglin View Post
        So the press is basically acting like a slighted child lashing out because "waaaah, he started it!"?
        Who started questioning Mueller's fitness for the job of special counsel? Trump has done nothing but slag off everyone, from allies to the IC - except strangely the Muscovite kleptocracy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wooglin View Post
          Ah, the "he started it" defense. So the press is basically acting like a slighted child lashing out because "waaaah, he started it!"? Ok. Fight fire with fire... how mature. Can't imagine why you guys keep losing elections.
          I know you are not informed. I know you are naive and probably a bit too young. So I suggest you go back over the last 42-43 years to look at how Trump has used the press. I know a tall order for you but the track record is there. There has always been an adversarial relationship between Trump and the press. They are friends and then they are enemies. They are good guys (they praise me) and then they are bad (they said bad things). It is all a game for him since he firmly believes in Barnum's idea of no such thing as bad publicity and is one of the few who can get it to work. Now two get to play the game, on the big field, and he wants a free pass. Well Nero is not going to get a free pass and doesn't deserve one to begin with.

Comment

• [QUOTE=zraver;1026763]
            Originally posted by DOR View Post

This week at least, he seems to want to slash social benefits from the poor so as to be able to hand sacks of cash to the rich /QUOTE]

Lets assume that the health care bill does pass. In what possible way does taking less of someones money in taxes equal handing them sacks of cash? That money already belongs to them. It merely reduces the transfer of wealth from producers to takers. The poor don't pay for Mediciad, its a giant give away for them from the rich and it does diddly squat if you look at health outcomes.

Typical liberal, equating not taking what does not belong to you with giving them something. it was theirs already.
            I see you are into death panels. Now what I have I've seen on a weekly basis and what have you not seen on a weekly basis concerning health care, life and death?

I bet your answer to that 75 year old clouded flat affect Alzheimer patient in a wheelchair, with type II diabetes, is to go out and get a job to pay for their Medicaid?

Comment

• [QUOTE=tbm3fan;1026785]
              Originally posted by zraver View Post

I see you are into death panels. Now what I have I've seen on a weekly basis and what have you not seen on a weekly basis concerning health care, life and death?

I bet your answer to that 75 year old clouded flat affect Alzheimer patient in a wheelchair, with type II diabetes, is to go out and get a job to pay for their Medicaid?
              That 75yo and every permanently disabled person in the US of any age except the indigent child is also on Medicare. Medicaid paying for low term care is simply an accounting assignment at the CMS to make administration at the state level easier. The money is actually coming from medicare. More importantly, why do you libs always act like its the most vulnerable who will be affected. Medicaid added millions of able bodies adults, they will be cut, not kids and seniors. Ya'll did the same thing when budgets go tight during the great recession, "oh no why do you want to fire teachers and cops?" Seriously, there are more bean counters and make workers yet ya'll automatically go to the emotional response. same thing during the government shutdown, put fences around the free and open parks to create pain where none existed. Dishonest BS and why ya'll keep losing. Jr and Granny are gonna do just fine.

Comment

• [QUOTE=zraver;1026797]
                Originally posted by tbm3fan View Post

That 75yo and every permanently disabled person in the US of any age except the indigent child is also on Medicare. Medicaid paying for low term care is simply an accounting assignment at the CMS to make administration at the state level easier. The money is actually coming from medicare (Snicker). More importantly, why do you libs always act like its the most vulnerable who will be affected. Medicaid added millions of able bodies adults, they will be cut, not kids and seniors. Ya'll did the same thing when budgets go tight during the great recession, "oh no why do you want to fire teachers and cops?" Seriously, there are more bean counters and make workers yet ya'll automatically go to the emotional response. same thing during the government shutdown, put fences around the free and open parks to create pain where none existed. Dishonest BS and why ya'll keep losing. Jr and Granny are gonna do just fine.
                Libs? I am a health care professional whose duty is to take care of those who need what I can provide which is neither liberal nor conservative. You can't provide it nor are you even close to what goes on. You are utterly clueless about a field you are not involved in and consequently have zero idea of... just about all. Yet go ahead as I always get a laugh out of those who think they know my area of expertise better than me after 37 years. So I won't bother with anymore on health care as the experts here have it covered so well.

Medicaid added millions of able bodies adults
                Find them. Evaluate them just to be sure of what you talk about although you are unqualified. Find out what states they live in and whether there are any jobs to be found. As to where to start I'd suggest West Virginia followed by Kentucky.

Comment

• [QUOTE=tbm3fan;1026800]
                  Originally posted by zraver View Post

Libs? I am a health care professional whose duty is to take care of those who need what I can provide which is neither liberal nor conservative. You can't provide it nor are you even close to what goes on. You are utterly clueless about a field you are not involved in and consequently have zero idea of... just about all. Yet go ahead as I always get a laugh out of those who think they know my area of expertise better than me after 37 years. So I won't bother with anymore on health care as the experts here have it covered so well.
                  Doesn't change the fact that jr and Grandma are gonna do just fine.

Find them. Evaluate them just to be sure of what you talk about although you are unqualified. Find out what states they live in and whether there are any jobs to be found. As to where to start I'd suggest West Virginia followed by Kentucky.
                  I started life in Washington, am now in Arkansas. Is there some particular reason they can't move to where jobs and opportunity are? Why do I have to feed, clothe, house and care for them to spare them having to make the same choices I and tens of millions of Americans make.

Comment

• Originally posted by zraver View Post

OK, I get it. You equate taxation with theft -- "taking what does not belong to you" -- and I consider taxation a hallmark of civil society. Raising the cost of healthcare, lowering the standard of living and doing so for the purpose of giving a big tax break to the millionaires is just fine with you.

It isn't fine with me.
                    Trust me?
                    I'm an economist!

Comment

I know you are not informed. I know you are naive and probably a bit too young. So I suggest you go back over the last 42-43 years to look at how Trump has used the press. I know a tall order for you but the track record is there. There has always been an adversarial relationship between Trump and the press. They are friends and then they are enemies. They are good guys (they praise me) and then they are bad (they said bad things). It is all a game for him since he firmly believes in Barnum's idea of no such thing as bad publicity and is one of the few who can get it to work. Now two get to play the game, on the big field, and he wants a free pass. Well Nero is not going to get a free pass and doesn't deserve one to begin with.
                      "Now two get to play that game". Spoken like a spoiled child who didn't get their way. Perhaps the MSM should be reporting news rather than trying to be an active participant in the game? Because they're not polling so well either...

http://www.gallup.com/poll/195542/am...s-new-low.aspx

Comment

• Originally posted by zraver View Post
                        I started life in Washington, am now in Arkansas. Is there some particular reason they can't move to where jobs and opportunity are? Why do I have to feed, clothe, house and care for them to spare them having to make the same choices I and tens of millions of Americans make.
                        That's easy. Money.

It takes money to relocate. First you have to have dependable transportation. Then rent a moving truck for your stuff. More that a few hours away, you need gas and food money for the trip.
                        Then there is hotel cost for the move and a place to stay until you find a home/apartment.

Find a rental? Most places require first and last months rent. Plus maybe a security/cleaning deposit. Then you need to pony up to get the utilities turned on. Do I need to continue?

Your asking someone that is unemployed or barely making ends meet to have that kind of cash on hand.

69% of American households have less that $1,000 in savings. Moving and setting up in a new location cost way more than that.

https://www.fool.com/retirement/2016...000-in-sa.aspx

And don't forget they have to be able to sustain their family with cash on hand until they find a job.

If your poor, and don't have a extended family support network in the place you want to go, one that will let you and your family stay at their house and support you till you get on your feet/find a job, then you are pretty much stuck where you are.

Comment

• They can move in their WAambulance. Some of these people are decendants of those that fled the South to Northern cities to work in factories. Those southerners were not exactly flush with cash and they managed.
                          We have to remember that the modern Snow Flake is very delicate.
                          Last edited by surfgun; 26 Jun 17,, 02:00.

Comment

I know you are not informed. I know you are naive and probably a bit too young. .
                            Your comments like this, telling people how un-informed they are, and unqualified etc etc just come across as condescending douche baggery.

Comment

• Okay everyone.

Last warning.

Several moderators have already given heads up to all to stop the name calling and bashing.

The Warnings do not seem to be having an effect.

Okay...last warning. knock of the name calling and personal attacks!
                              “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                              Mark Twain

Comment

• If 70% of American households are so poor they can't keep $1,000 in the bank account, perhaps "death panel" is the best option for the highly sick, medically costly elderly cases. Of course, this will take the form of rationed care, say, only spending $50,000 max for a quality year of life, perhaps adjusted slightly above inflation every year so we can keep a hold on medical costs. So the Alzheimer's with type 2 diabetes (which largely occurs as the result of poor lifestyle choices!) is not going to $90,000 per year/dialysis treatments, an $80,000 amputation of her foot, along with $40,000/housing and nursing costs, plus $20,000 insulin, when she's an advanced Alzheimer's patient and has no idea where or when she is anyways.

Medicare spends $34 billion/year on dialysis, with a 35% mortality rate after 5 years. There are not enough kidneys to go around and even getting a kidney transplant means you're getting $25,000/year immunosuppressant drugs for the rest of your life....which is going to be about 10 years anyways.

$34/billion a year goes a long way towards fulfilling Bernie Sander's free college plan, estimated at $75/billion per year. Maybe we can just expand access? I'd prefer not to do THAT either, because "university for everyone" is also a waste of public dollars, but at least it makes more sense from a "what's best for America's future" standpoint.

Hell, if our infrastructure is about to fall apart or we have third world airports or whatever, why not take some of the social spending money and put it into THAT instead? We're about to become Nigeria, from what I hear on the campaign trail from practically everyone.

EDIT: This is why I laugh whenever I see my yuppie couple friends supporting Bernie Sanders. They want a government that's going to expand by 10% of GDP, easily. Median household income is about $56,000 in the US. These couples are making somewhere between 80% and 120% above that. They are typically in the top 20% to top 15% of households in terms of annual income. They think their taxes are not going up. They actually think they are getting a tax cut! And an income boost! And college debt forgiveness!

BWAHHAHAHA!
                                Ohhhhh so funny.
                                Last edited by GVChamp; 26 Jun 17,, 15:16.
                                "The great questions of the day will not be settled by means of speeches and majority decisions but by iron and blood"-Otto Von Bismarck

Comment

Working...
                                X