X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by astralis View Post
    JAD,

gerrymandering has been around since the creation of the Republic, and has little to do with an ongoing "left to right" shift. it has increased in recent years due to improvements in statistical mapping as well as the rise of national issue vs local issue voting. the GOP took significant advantage of this in its 2010 REDMAP initiative.
    How do you gerrymander a statewide race for Governor or US Senate? I have voted for both Republican and Democrats, the person I thought most fit for the job.

Every presidential election is different, a unique DNA for that election. Trump possesses OCD, the drive of a successful business man, never give up even in bankrupcy, has to be the center of attention. He has to be in charge alpha without the alpha skill set so you get from Trump chaos which is it own form of control. For all the reaction he engenders the response is equally over the top.

Sec o' Def Jim Mattis is on record as havng criticized Donald J. Trump’s campaign proposal for a ban on Muslim immigration, saying that such a move would distress American allies around the world.

“This kind of thing is causing us great damage right now, and it’s sending shock waves through the international system,” So the Atlantic, a WAB poster, and the NY Times are pointing out he attended the executive order signing. What was he to do? 1.) Say I quit 2.) Say I strongly disagree 3.) launch the first US military coup? He is no Chuck Hagel and he is not the first presidential Secretary to have a different view point from the President. I guess he rose to positions of power because he can give and obey orders and work with people who aren't exactly like him. I wish the POTUS was that way.

ideology is not a guarantee of reality Everybody needs to step back

Comment

• Originally posted by Parihaka View Post
      Precisely.
      In the meantime North Korea fires four missiles according to Japan.

Comment

• Originally posted by JAD_333 View Post
        How is it possible you know Session's state of mind at the time he testified?

I have no mind reading skill but forgetting such meetings collectively occurs I know people are hiding deeper truths from experience. His perjury is most the serious matter either as I said initially; he is now compromised goods and any investigation his Office undertakes therefore also compromised by a phone call. He MUST go.

Comment

• Dazed,

How do you gerrymander a statewide race for Governor or US Senate?

Redmap: The Redistricting Majority Project. Two things to understand:
          It says it is “A program of the Republican State Leadership Committee.” and,
          “Republicans have an opportunity to create 20-25 new Republican Congressional Districts through the redistricting process over the next five election cycles, solidifying a Republican House majority.”

ALEC: American Legislative Exchange Council. Membership-based ultra-conservative policy think tank for state legislators. Jesse Helms-type conservative. Koch Brothers money, and subtlety. Founded in 1973 to counter the EPA. Big on opposing divestment from South Africa; anti-gay rights; pro-voter ID; and so-called stand your ground laws.

Crosscheck Program. See http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/showthread.php?t=66755.

Folks, if you don’t know something about these three things, there really isn’t much to discuss. Throwing out the same old “what’s wrong with voter ID” and “sour grapes!” is the same as admitting you haven’t bothered to do any research beyond reaching for the remote control.
          Trust me?
          I'm an economist!

Comment

• Has anyone seen a response from the DoJ to Comey?
            In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

• BBC reporting Comey 'rejects' these allegations. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-39175962

Comment

• Originally posted by DOR View Post
                Dazed,

Redmap: The Redistricting Majority Project. Two things to understand:
                It says it is “A program of the Republican State Leadership Committee.” and,
                “Republicans have an opportunity to create 20-25 new Republican Congressional Districts through the redistricting process over the next five election cycles, solidifying a Republican House majority.”

ALEC: American Legislative Exchange Council. Membership-based ultra-conservative policy think tank for state legislators. Jesse Helms-type conservative. Koch Brothers money, and subtlety. Founded in 1973 to counter the EPA. Big on opposing divestment from South Africa; anti-gay rights; pro-voter ID; and so-called stand your ground laws.

Crosscheck Program. See http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/showthread.php?t=66755.

Folks, if you don’t know something about these three things, there really isn’t much to discuss. Throwing out the same old “what’s wrong with voter ID” and “sour grapes!” is the same as admitting you haven’t bothered to do any research beyond reaching for the remote control.
                DOR

How does a Republican Governor get elected in a blue state like Massachusetts, Maine Vermont Illinois Michigan New Mexico Nevada? Do the Republicans have moles in the Democratic Caucus. DOR just say it the only way a Republican can win is through maleficent and the vote of the less than bright racist. while Democrats are so pure and innocent also are wicked smart and pretty blessed with impeccable hygiene and no malice or political mechanization and that is why they can't win elections.

I have voted for candidates of various offices from both parties. I see both Republicans and Democrats spending millions of dollars for a job that pays hundreds of thousands at best. http://www.mercurynews.com/2016/08/2...re-committees/

Both parties will scheme and stack the deck in their favor. Screw the people who don't donate, forgetting it is the United Sates of America not US of Republican or US of Democrats ,
                Last edited by Dazed; 06 Mar 17,, 21:07. Reason: Have to learn how to right

Comment

• Trump: so how's our plan working?
                  Spicer: like a charm Sir, like a charm. In the press so must be true.

"There's no question that something happened. The question is it, is it surveillance, is it a wiretap, or whatever?" Spicer said. "There has been enough reporting that strongly suggesting something occurred."

Spicer said the President asked Congress to investigate based on those unnamed reports.

"There's enough out there now that makes one wonder how some of this happened without the existence of surveillance," Spicer said, without naming any specific piece of evidence.

Spicer would not commit that the President would accept the results of the congressional investigation.
                  Sad, sad state of affairs. Next four years are going to be a cluster f..k. U.S. credibility heading to new lows around the world as exemplified by the Commander-in-Chief cheapening it.

Comment

• Originally posted by snapper View Post
                    BBC reporting Comey 'rejects' these allegations. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-39175962
                    So the DoJ hasn't made a public statement refuting Trumps allegations as Comey requested.
                    In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

So the DoJ hasn't made a public statement refuting Trumps allegations as Comey requested.
                      Doubtless another instance where Sessions will have a convenient loss of memory pertaining to the relevant details.

Comment

In a sense, the FBI has made the statement by asking for one, at least as a far as it's alleged involvement is concerned. DOJ could speak to FBI involvement but not to what other agencies might have done. Clapper, intel czar under Obama, already denied the lines were tapped. He sat at the nexus of what all intel agencies were doing at the time and should know.
                        To be Truly ignorant, Man requires an Education - Plato

Comment

• Originally posted by snapper View Post
                          Doubtless another instance where Sessions will have a convenient loss of memory pertaining to the relevant details.
                          Cut out the trolling. Sessions wasn't AG at the time.
                          To be Truly ignorant, Man requires an Education - Plato

Comment

• Originally posted by JAD_333 View Post
                            Cut out the trolling. Sessions wasn't AG at the time.
                            I was replying to Pari's question regarding why the DoJ has not refuted Trumps allegations as asked by the FBI. He is AG today and could have done so. Not past but present. Sorry for I did not make that clear.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dazed View Post
                              DOR

How does a Republican Governor get elected in a blue state like Massachusetts, Maine Vermont Illinois Michigan New Mexico Nevada? Do the Republicans have moles in the Democratic Caucus. DOR just say it the only way a Republican can win is through maleficent and the vote of the less than bright racist. while Democrats are so pure and innocent also are wicked smart and pretty blessed with impeccable hygiene and no malice or political mechanization and that is why they can't win elections.

I have voted for candidates of various offices from both parties. I see both Republicans and Democrats spending millions of dollars for a job that pays hundreds of thousands at best. http://www.mercurynews.com/2016/08/2...re-committees/

Both parties will scheme and stack the deck in their favor. Screw the people who don't donate, forgetting it is the United Sates of America not US of Republican or US of Democrats ,
                              Massachusetts is a blue state because of how it votes in presidential elections; that doesn’t mean it is California blue, where every state official comes from the Democratic Party. Charlie Baker, the GOPer Governor, ran as a social liberal and a fiscal conservative, sort of like me. Sort of like a whole lot of people who are so disgusted at the GOP that they don’t think it can be salvaged.

Nevada turns blue after holding its breath for too long. The state voted for every successful presidential candidate for nearly 100 years, with very few (2? 3?) exceptions. That’s a bunch of Dems and a slew of GOPers. Governor Brian Sandoval, ex-Gaming Commission Chair, is Hispanic. He ran against None of These, the top vote-getter in the Democratic Primary (30%). Well, actually it was Bob Goodman, with 25%.

Then again, did you read up on REDMAP, ALEC and CrossCheck?
                              I didn’t think so.
                              Trust me?
                              I'm an economist!

Comment

• so the new GOP ACA replacement bill is out, and per my earlier discussion with JAD regarding "any possible alternative involves either dropping people, spending more money, or reducing benefits"...the Republicans have chosen an alternative that involves all three.

truly impressive.
                                There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

Working...
                                X