Page 134 of 144 FirstFirst ... 125126127128129130131132133134135136137138139140141142143 ... LastLast
Results 1,996 to 2,010 of 2152

Thread: 2017 American Political Scene

Global Moderator
    Comrade Commissar
    Quote Originally Posted by tankie View Post
    Seems to be the norm amongst all politicians , we have b.liar , Hammond , etc etc etc you have potus and the clintons etc .
    There's simply no comparison.

Trump lies about things that don't even matter (except to him) and then doubles and triples down on those lies after they've been refuted.
    Far better it is to dare mighty things, than to take rank with those poor, timid spirits who know neither victory nor defeat ~ Theodore Roosevelt

tankie Military Professional tankie's Avatar
    Ya not keen on him then ! lol

Trust gets you killed, love gets you hurt, and being REAL gets you hated.

Global Moderator
    Comrade Commissar
    Ya not keen on him then ! lol
    You might say that
    Far better it is to dare mighty things, than to take rank with those poor, timid spirits who know neither victory nor defeat ~ Theodore Roosevelt

Administrator
    Lei Feng Protege
    Defense Professional
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Senior Contributor
    Was not the narcissism obvious? The Section whatever for mental incompetency is applicable in my opinion but a President who is ONLY - and I mean almost exclusively - out for himself. Is this "normal"? Apparently yesterday he commented on the US Embassy expulsions from Moscow... Un f*****g believable - he thanked Putin for saving the US money. This guy has to go down asap.

Trump is a blessing in disguise, and one of the best things to have happened to the Progressives and Liberals. He gives them an opportunity to ride his coattails and split the Conservative movement.

They need to realize the trump, at least for now, is not the enemy, it is the GOP Legislators (US Congress and State) and the Governors.
    Unfortunately, both the establishment wing and the upstarts are too dumb to realize and play that game
    "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

Seems to be the norm amongst all politicians , we have b.liar , Hammond , etc etc etc you have potus and the clintons etc .
    The Trumpet is no where near "the norm amongst all politicians."
    He's "special," Krazy Kims kind of special.
    Trust me?
    I'm an economist!

Quote Originally Posted by antimony View Post
    Trump is a blessing in disguise, and one of the best things to have happened to the Progressives and Liberals. He gives them an opportunity to ride his coattails and split the Conservative movement.

They need to realize the trump, at least for now, is not the enemy, it is the GOP Legislators (US Congress and State) and the Governors.
    Unfortunately, both the establishment wing and the upstarts are too dumb to realize and play that game
    Spot on.
    Trust me?
    I'm an economist!

Picture a courthouse with no fuckin laws, Picture a cathouse with no fuckin whores
    Picture a shithouse with no fuckin drains, Picture a leader with no fuckin brains

Staff Emeritus
    Military Professional
    Contrary by Nature.

I think you will be sadly surprised come next November. To a majority of the country the Left is more toxic than Trump. Trump has a higher approval rating than the DNC specifically or Congress as a whole.

All of this should be true. It really should. It remains to be seen if the Dems can take advantage.

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Defense ProfessionalSenior Contributor tbm3fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zraver View Post
    I think you will be sadly surprised come next November. To a majority of the country the Left is more toxic than Trump. Trump has a higher approval rating than the DNC specifically or Congress as a whole.
    When you are going to polish a turd with statements like that then you should post the numbers backing you up. Of course your definition of higher is quite suspect.

Global Moderator
    Comrade Commissar
    I'm hardly on the Left and I don't see anything in this country more toxic than Donald Trump.

His election was tantamount to a national calamity.

Resident Curmudgeon Military Professional Gun Grape's Avatar
    Where are you getting your numbers from? With a 40% approval rating (Gallop) they beat both the Republican party (39% same poll) and Trump (36% at 538)

The Gallop poll is from May

http://www.gallup.com/poll/210725/de...campaign=tiles

The 538 poll is day 205. Notice as you scroll still the lowest approval rating of any modern President. Polling data going back to President Truman. Even Ford has him beat, after pardoning Nixon and Draft Dodgers.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...roval-ratings/
    Last edited by Gun Grape; 13 Aug 17, at 04:05.
    Its called Tourist Season. So why can't we shoot them?

Donald Trump loves to criticize & attack people, publications, organizations, governments, nations & more besides. He is usually quite specific, even naming individuals, organizations, publications etc. Not just once or twice, but regularly. Now a large group of White Supremacists have staged a violent protest. Nazis & the like. Chanting slogans about Jews & other 'non-whites'. One of them murdered a member of a counter-protest using his car. What is Trump's response? a general statement condemning 'both sides'.

During the election Trump consistently played 'nudge, nudge, wink, wink' with these extremist groups. After the election he hired people wiht extreme views to advise him (not Nazi extreme, but still extreme). One of the organizers of this rally was part of a meeting in DC shortly after the election there he & others screamed 'Heil Trump'
    while giving Nazi salutes. They think this is 'their time' because they think Trump is 'their guy'. He could just call them out by name the way he does with so many others, but he doesn't. He prefers the false equivalence that has become a sickness in parts of political culture.

TH nailed it. Toxic. National calamity. The optimist in me hopes this Presidency shows Americans a vision of their future sufficiently scary that they turn their backs on it in favor of more moderate views. The pessimist in me fears that I hear the sound of Pandora's box opening.

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Thread Information