This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tankie View Post
    Seems to be the norm amongst all politicians , we have b.liar , Hammond , etc etc etc you have potus and the clintons etc .
    There's simply no comparison.

Trump lies about things that don't even matter (except to him) and then doubles and triples down on those lies after they've been refuted.
    “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

• Ya not keen on him then ! lol

Comment

Ya not keen on him then ! lol
        You might say that
        “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

• https://news.vice.com/story/trump-fo...ws-white-house
          There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Was not the narcissism obvious? The Section whatever for mental incompetency is applicable in my opinion but a President who is ONLY - and I mean almost exclusively - out for himself. Is this "normal"? Apparently yesterday he commented on the US Embassy expulsions from Moscow... Un f*****g believable - he thanked Putin for saving the US money. This guy has to go down asap.

Comment

• Trump is a blessing in disguise, and one of the best things to have happened to the Progressives and Liberals. He gives them an opportunity to ride his coattails and split the Conservative movement.

They need to realize the trump, at least for now, is not the enemy, it is the GOP Legislators (US Congress and State) and the Governors.
              Unfortunately, both the establishment wing and the upstarts are too dumb to realize and play that game
              "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

Comment

Seems to be the norm amongst all politicians , we have b.liar , Hammond , etc etc etc you have potus and the clintons etc .
                The Trumpet is no where near "the norm amongst all politicians."
                He's "special," Krazy Kims kind of special.
                Trust me?
                I'm an economist!

Comment

• Originally posted by antimony View Post
                  Trump is a blessing in disguise, and one of the best things to have happened to the Progressives and Liberals. He gives them an opportunity to ride his coattails and split the Conservative movement.

They need to realize the trump, at least for now, is not the enemy, it is the GOP Legislators (US Congress and State) and the Governors.
                  Unfortunately, both the establishment wing and the upstarts are too dumb to realize and play that game
                  Spot on.
                  Trust me?
                  I'm an economist!

Comment

Trump is a blessing in disguise, and one of the best things to have happened to the Progressives and Liberals. He gives them an opportunity to ride his coattails and split the Conservative movement.

Comment

I think you will be sadly surprised come next November. To a majority of the country the Left is more toxic than Trump. Trump has a higher approval rating than the DNC specifically or Congress as a whole.

Comment

All of this should be true. It really should. It remains to be seen if the Dems can take advantage.
                        sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

• Originally posted by zraver View Post
                          I think you will be sadly surprised come next November. To a majority of the country the Left is more toxic than Trump. Trump has a higher approval rating than the DNC specifically or Congress as a whole.
                          When you are going to polish a turd with statements like that then you should post the numbers backing you up. Of course your definition of higher is quite suspect.

Comment

I'm hardly on the Left and I don't see anything in this country more toxic than Donald Trump.

His election was tantamount to a national calamity.

Comment

Where are you getting your numbers from? With a 40% approval rating (Gallop) they beat both the Republican party (39% same poll) and Trump (36% at 538)

The Gallop poll is from May

http://www.gallup.com/poll/210725/de...campaign=tiles

The 538 poll is day 205. Notice as you scroll still the lowest approval rating of any modern President. Polling data going back to President Truman. Even Ford has him beat, after pardoning Nixon and Draft Dodgers.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...roval-ratings/
                              Last edited by Gun Grape; 13 Aug 17,, 04:05.

Comment

• Donald Trump loves to criticize & attack people, publications, organizations, governments, nations & more besides. He is usually quite specific, even naming individuals, organizations, publications etc. Not just once or twice, but regularly. Now a large group of White Supremacists have staged a violent protest. Nazis & the like. Chanting slogans about Jews & other 'non-whites'. One of them murdered a member of a counter-protest using his car. What is Trump's response? a general statement condemning 'both sides'.

During the election Trump consistently played 'nudge, nudge, wink, wink' with these extremist groups. After the election he hired people wiht extreme views to advise him (not Nazi extreme, but still extreme). One of the organizers of this rally was part of a meeting in DC shortly after the election there he & others screamed 'Heil Trump'
                                while giving Nazi salutes. They think this is 'their time' because they think Trump is 'their guy'. He could just call them out by name the way he does with so many others, but he doesn't. He prefers the false equivalence that has become a sickness in parts of political culture.

TH nailed it. Toxic. National calamity. The optimist in me hopes this Presidency shows Americans a vision of their future sufficiently scary that they turn their backs on it in favor of more moderate views. The pessimist in me fears that I hear the sound of Pandora's box opening.
                                sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

Working...
                                X