Attack in Berlin X-Mas Market

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Doktor View Post
    What instructions? He is referring to the Wilkommen policy.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]42918[/ATTACH]
    Sure and I understand that and do not personally agree with an 'open door' refugee/migrant policy where the security checks etc that would normally be considered a form of due diligence cannot be carried out. However to go from that to accusing Merkel of murder ("Merkel kills Germans") does not follow. Suppose I let you into my house and you then attack me and steal from me; am I guilty of attacking and stealing from myself? Well I cannot steal what is mine and am clearly not responsible for your actions so to blame me for the assault and theft does not follow from the fact that I let you in.

Comment

Originally posted by snapper View Post
      Sure and I understand that and do not personally agree with an 'open door' refugee/migrant policy where the security checks etc that would normally be considered a form of due diligence cannot be carried out. However to go from that to accusing Merkel of murder ("Merkel kills Germans") does not follow. Suppose I let you into my house and you then attack me and steal from me; am I guilty of attacking and stealing from myself? Well I cannot steal what is mine and am clearly not responsible for your actions so to blame me for the assault and theft does not follow from the fact that I let you in.
      Since we go with these analogies, to which I don't subscribe, but am tempted to counter...

If your roommate tells you that I am dangerous, you let me in, I rape your roommate, sure it is my responsibility, but isn't it also yours?
      No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

From the legal perspective: No - not in any way, shape or form.

Comment

So,what happened with deutschland über alles? Was your anthem created as the expression of the people or it is a private anthem of your govt administration? Is there a difference between German govt and Germany? What is Germany anyhow? Is it a state or is it the government?
          Last edited by Versus; 21 Dec 16,, 13:39.

Comment

However to go from that to accusing Merkel of murder ("Merkel kills Germans") does not follow.
            On a somewhat more serious note, AfD politician Pretzell posted a tweet calling the victims "Merkel's Dead" as in blaming her in the same vein. Police is now investigating for defamation.

Originally posted by Versus View Post
            So,what happened with deutschland über alles?
            The only time that was our anthem was after social democrat Friedrich Ebert made it that in 1922, 81 years (!) after it was originally written, until 1945, when the occupying forces outlawed it; the nazis had already cut it by two thirds by that time and replaced it with their own anthem. The song was just one of many patriotic songs written in the 1800s, and never created as an anthem for the people (or, before 1922, accepted as one). From a historical viewpoint it can be seen as "the anthem of the failed republic".

It should be noted that our current anthem is already a fallback to nationalist leanings, as during the 70s and 80s it was considered politically incorrect. Kohl's follies included legally making it our anthem, which even the Easterners did not support at the time.
            Last edited by kato; 21 Dec 16,, 14:07.

Comment

This one?
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhQwLeMcbRY

I mean.... I don't know Kato. I really don't.

Comment

YAWN

did they get the right muslim yet?

i dont blame them, though. it gets harder when suddenly you have one million muslims more in your backyard.
                Last edited by drhuy; 21 Dec 16,, 17:30.

Comment

Originally posted by kato View Post
                  No evidence of a connection to ISIS has been found so far. Was coincidentally just reiterated in French media last week since last friday the trial against three suspects in connection with the attack began (two Albanians for illegal weapon deals and a French-Tunisian for acting as an intermediary between the attacker and those two).

And all of them derive it from the Washington Times... it's the usual round robin. Unless there's something official e.g. published by Amaq (the ISIS press agency) or Bayan (ISIS-operated radio station) they haven't claimed it.
                  and what's kind of connection you expect really? when isis makes no secret about using social media to inspire as many as lone wolf attacks as possible. seriously, what do you expect? that's that guy is in the payroll of isis or something?

Comment

merkel get germans killed.

Comment

It appears that we have one of our citizens involved in all this, most likely from Sanjak region. My old "friends" from watcher days. We should have took them out than, it would be so much easier now... But the orders never came, just to monitor them. The guy took an alias Abdurahman, like https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abdi_Pasha_the_Albanian.

Yep, they are coming back.
                      Last edited by Versus; 21 Dec 16,, 18:12.

Comment

Manhunt for Anis A. is now open to the public.
                        100,000 Euro for information leading to his arrest.

Official poster:

https://www.bka.de/DE/IhreSicherheit...onFile&v=1

Photo on the right side is from his ID btw.
                        Last edited by kato; 21 Dec 16,, 18:40.

Comment

Originally posted by kato View Post
                          On a somewhat more serious note, AfD politician Pretzell posted a tweet calling the victims "Merkel's Dead" as in blaming her in the same vein. Police is now investigating for defamation.
                          Defamation, huh? Interesting. I'm wondering how that is different from Hilary is a crook?

You know when this gets spun by those who are opposed to Merkel's policy, and the average German who is already wondering about the policy, hears it all then they are going to believe the spin. Merkel and her government will become the bad guys who need to be changed. Where have we seen this before?

Granted Kato won't fall for this stuff but then populism would never work on him but it will work on many others.

Comment

Originally posted by tbm3fan View Post
                            Defamation, huh? Interesting. I'm wondering how that is different from Hilary is a crook?
                            Different libel/defamation laws
                            “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Originally posted by Doktor View Post
                              Since we go with these analogies, to which I don't subscribe, but am tempted to counter...

If your roommate tells you that I am dangerous, you let me in, I rape your roommate, sure it is my responsibility, but isn't it also yours?
                              I may blame myself but to accuse me of committing the rape would clearly be wrong.

Originally posted by drhuy View Post
                              merkel get germans killed.
                              Life is well known to be deadly. Is God guilty of genocide?

Comment

Originally posted by tbm3fan View Post

You know when this gets spun by those who are opposed to Merkel's policy, and the average German who is already wondering about the policy, hears it all then they are going to believe the spin. Merkel and her government will become the bad guys who need to be changed. Where have we seen this before?

Granted Kato won't fall for this stuff but then populism would never work on him but it will work on many others.
                                hilary IS a crook.

oh, and i dont think the "average German" needs your political advice.

Comment

Working...
                                X