Prayers for our friend Rusty.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prayers for our friend Rusty.

In the "Book is Ready" thread Rusty let us know that he has lost is wife of 48 years.

Please pray for him in this very difficult time.

He has always been there for anyone here. Even when his health was a challenge.

My prayers are with you, and your family, Rusty.

-Yeller-

Comment

We're with you, Rusty - all our prayers for you and your family at this time.

Your shipmate,

Hank

Comment

So sorry, Mr L. You will be in our thoughts and prayers.

Comment

Pausing to pay respect to a central figure....

All of the WAB community is sadden to hear of Mr. L's loss.
          We extend our heartfelt thoughts during this difficult time.

Comment

I am very sorry for your loss Rusty. You will be in my thoughts.

Comment

Very sorry to hear of your loss Rusty. Prayers and good thoughts to you and your family in this difficult time.

Comment

Sad sad news , RIP .

Comment

My sincere condolences.

Comment

Prayers for you and your family, Rusty.

Comment

I'm sorry to hear Sir, my condolences go out to you and your family.
                      RIP Charles "Bob" Spence. 1936-2014.

Comment

Thoughts are with you Rusty.

Comment

I thank you all for your sincere condolences. Thankfully, my daughter appears to more Battleship Tough than me. She is handling all of the Memorial Service details (that Julia and I already paid for several years ago) and personal inspections of Julia's personal items. There is a thin wooden cross that was given to her on her first communion as a Catholic. She wanted that cross placed alongside her urn and asked me to make a copy of it to replace in the special metal display stand that come with it (I like working with wood as well as steel). We have the copy cross, but can't find the original -- yet. Monday there will be 3 more women here, with our daughter, to find that cross.

Obviously she was a Roman Catholic. I'm a Lutheran. But when I joined the Department of Defense Civil Service USN) and later the Army Reserves, I pledged to protect that 1st Amendment and I do not interfere with anybody else's choice of Religion. Except one, The last sentence of that amendment guarantees freedom of PEACEFUL ASSEMBLY AND FREEDOM OF RELIGION. Note, there is no comma between Peaceful and Religion. So you know which one I will NOT support.

And, Julia swore to that same oath when she became an American Citizen. Her support of my work with the Navy PLUS all of our team workers and her support of getting the Iowa a home (she was also a crew member) was the work of a true American. It is my opinion that the Iowa's demonstration of firepower in BALTOPS '85 brought the Cold War to an end. So, considering the years of hunger and lack of freedom in Hungary and ducking a lot of bullets during her escape with her mother and brother, SHE DIDN'T GET MAD, SHE GOT EVEN.

I am going to miss her very much, but I'm so proud of what a good American she was. Plus, she hated to see a person go hungry. If on her morning jog or walking the dog she saw a homeless person trying to sleep in a doorway or in the Ivy divider strip, she would race back home, tell me to grab the car keys while she made breakfast and a cup of coffee for that person.

For those of you who live in Lakewood, North Long Beach, Bellflower, etc. her Memorial Mass will be at 1000 hours Wednesday morning, Dec 21 at St. Pancratius Church (Downey Ave just south of South St). The reception will be held at St. Gregory the Great church in Whittier (on Telegraph Road just east of Florence Avenue). So, if you can make it, we will very much appreciate it.
                          Able to leap tall tales in a single groan.

Comment

Dick,

You have my most sincere condolences.

I also want you to be aware that there are some related posts at the following link.
                            http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/sho...t=51995&page=4

Comment

Sincere condolences and prayers to find wisdom and peace in these difficult times, Mr. L.
                              No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Working...
                              X