The Terror of Fake News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bridgeburner_ View Post
    Ahh, I absolutely love it. Finally the world can see Swedens rape and terror epidemic brought to light. The Donald is clearly blessed by some deity with his prescient tweets.

[ATTACH]43355[/ATTACH]

All the usual suspects quiet after trying to stir up more anti-Trump hysteria about his Sweden comments. You literally cannot make this up
    The fact that something happened 9 hours ago does not change the fact that nothing happened 2 days back. Trump still lied.
    "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

Comment

• Originally posted by Bridgeburner_ View Post
      Ahh, I absolutely love it. Finally the world can see Swedens rape and terror epidemic brought to light. The Donald is clearly blessed by some deity with his prescient tweets.

[ATTACH]43355[/ATTACH]

All the usual suspects quiet after trying to stir up more anti-Trump hysteria about his Sweden comments. You literally cannot make this up
      As usual there is way more to the story that you left out. Bad

Comment

• So, did The Trumpet have prior knowledge of the riot in Stockholm?
        Maybe ... had it "arranged" so as to lend some support to his so-called news?

Inquiring minds want to know
        Trust me?
        I'm an economist!

Comment

• Originally posted by tbm3fan View Post
          As usual there is way more to the story that you left out. Bad
          You were there too? Wow, you really get around.

Normally one would say if you weren't there then shut the ......
          Sound familiar?

LOL

Comment

• From the files of “People unclear on the concept:”

“The media has not reported that the National Debt in my first month went down by $12 billion vs a $200 billion increase in Obama first mo.” [sic]
            -– DJ Trump, Feb 25, 2017.

As the perspective Menzie Chinn points out, the national debt usually is lower in January than in December, and since 1947, by an average 4.3%.

Just to nail the point to the wall,
            “Anything that has happened to the debt has been on autopilot since Obama left,” said Laurence Kotlikoff, an economics professor at Boston University. “If anything, he is taking credit for something Obama did.”

http://econbrowser.com/archives/2017...sun-rose-today
            Trust me?
            I'm an economist!

Comment

• Kellyanne Conway Explains Microwave Oven Surveillance Remarks
              http://www.snopes.com/2017/03/13/kel...rowave-spying/

Conway … suggested that the alleged monitoring of activities at Trump’s campaign headquarters at Trump Tower in Manhattan may have involved far more than wiretapping.
              “What I can say is there are many ways to surveil each other … You can surveil someone through their phones, certainly through their television sets — any number of ways.”
              Conway went on to say that the monitoring could be done with “microwaves that turn into cameras,” adding: “We know this is a fact of modern life.”
              Trust me?
              I'm an economist!

Comment

• http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blo...-win-for-trump
                To sit down with these men and deal with them as the representatives of an enlightened and civilized people is to deride ones own dignity and to invite the disaster of their treachery - General Matthew Ridgway

Comment

• That's the way I read it. Trump looks good; Maddow looks--well--naive, at best.
                  To be Truly ignorant, Man requires an Education - Plato

Comment

• Really the whole story deserves its own thread, but this particular tweet sums it up nicely

Rachel Maddow just reported that Trump paid a higher percentage of income tax (25) than Obama (19) or Bernie (13). Winning ��������
                    In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

• Trump dismisses a poll that doesn’t exist for coming from an inaccurate pollster that wasn’t

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.581a01b7e736

Twit:
                      Just heard Fake News CNN is doing polls again despite the fact that their election polls were a WAY OFF disaster. Much higher ratings at Fox

Meanwhile, in the real world … Trump approval rating sinks to new low

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump...ry?id=46243176

37%.
                      Trust me?
                      I'm an economist!

Comment

• Key Democratic officials are clearly worried about the expectations that have been purposely stoked and are now trying to tamp them down. Many of them have tried to signal that the beliefs the base has been led to adopt have no basis in reason or evidence.

The latest official to throw cold water on the MSNBC-led circus is President Obama’s former acting CIA chief Michael Morell. What makes him particularly notable in this context is that Morell was one of Clinton’s most vocal CIA surrogates. In August, he not only endorsed Clinton in the pages of the New York Times but also became the first high official to explicitly accuse Trump of disloyalty, claiming, “In the intelligence business, we would say that Mr. Putin had recruited Mr. Trump as an unwitting agent of the Russian Federation.”

But on Wednesday night, Morell appeared at an intelligence community forum to “cast doubt” on “allegations that members of the Trump campaign colluded with Russia.” “On the question of the Trump campaign conspiring with the Russians here, there is smoke, but there is no fire at all,” he said, adding, “There’s no little campfire, there’s no little candle, there’s no spark. And there’s a lot of people looking for it.”

Obama’s former CIA chief also cast serious doubt on the credibility of the infamous, explosive “dossier” originally published by BuzzFeed, saying that its author, Christopher Steele, paid intermediaries to talk to the sources for it. The dossier, he said, “doesn’t take you anywhere, I don’t think.”

Morell’s comments echo the categorical remarks by Obama’s top national security official, James Clapper, who told Meet the Press last week that during the time he was Obama’s DNI, he saw no evidence to support claims of a Trump/Russia conspiracy. “We had no evidence of such collusion,” Clapper stated unequivocally. Unlike Morell, who left his official CIA position in 2013 but remains very integrated into the intelligence community, Clapper was Obama’s DNI until just seven weeks ago, leaving on January 20.

Perhaps most revealing of all are the Democrats on the Senate Intelligence Committee — charged with investigating these matters — who recently told BuzzFeed how petrified they are of what the Democratic base will do if they do not find evidence of collusion, as they now suspect will likely be the case. “There’s a tangible frustration over what one official called ‘wildly inflated’ expectations surrounding the panel’s fledgling investigation,” BuzzFeed’s Ali Watkins wrote.

Moreover, “several committee sources grudgingly say, it feels as though the investigation will be seen as a sham if the Senate doesn’t find a silver bullet connecting Trump and Russian intelligence operatives.” One member told Watkins: “I don’t think the conclusions are going to meet people’s expectations.”

What makes all of this most significant is that officials like Clapper and Morell are trained disinformation agents; Clapper in particular has proven he will lie to advance his interests. Yet even with all the incentive to do so, they are refusing to claim there is evidence of such collusion; in fact, they are expressly urging people to stop thinking it exists. As even the law recognizes, statements that otherwise lack credibility become more believable when they are ones made “against interest.”
                        Continues

Leibniz

Comment

• And of course
                          https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ng-claim-video

Which makes virtually every story regarding Trump from the NYT from October 2016 onward fake.

Leibniz

Comment

• here's some of the NYT now-confirmed fake news.
                            https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/19/u...tion.html?_r=2
                            https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/01/u...n-hacking.html
                            Given the assertive nature of the reporting, it's yet to be seen whether the journalists themselves or their sources in the Obama administration were the inventors of these stories.

Leibniz

Comment

• Umm, the Guardian video is about no evidence for Trump's claim that Obama wiretapped him. Nothing to do with Obama's claim that Trump had Russia rig the election for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by kato View Post
                                Umm, the Guardian video is about no evidence for Trump's claim that Obama wiretapped him. Nothing to do with Obama's claim that Trump had Russia rig the election for him.
                                Hence virtually everything printed by the NYT being faked, as all the stories claimed anonymous officials had wiretapped Trumps campaign, such as the two I linked above.
                                It really isn't that difficult. The entire basis for the 'Trump/Russians' fake news meme were articles quoting anonymous officials saying surveillance of Trumps campaign had taken place and were the basis of the security establishments fear that Trump was in bed with the Russians. The NYT, WAPO and the Guardian as the three main culprits.
                                It turns out according to Comey, those October and November stories (I've linked lots more in this thread and the politics thread as well) and the subsequent entire "Trumps in bed with the Russians" meme was faked.
                                The only questions are who made it up; the media, or the former administration. I'd rather suspect when we know who unmasked Flynn, we'll know who generated that particular fake news propaganda.

Leibniz

Comment

Working...
                                X