No announcement yet.

The Terror of Fake News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From knowing 'nothing about anything' acouple of days ago...

"There were occasions when I would receive a report in which a U.S. person was referred to, name not provided," Rice said. If she felt the name of that person was important to understand the significance of the intelligence, she would ask her intelligence analysts for more information, she said.

"They would take that question back, they would put it though a process, and the intelligence community would make a determination about whether the identity of that U.S. person could be provided to me," Rice said. "And sometimes in that context, in order to understand the importance of the report, and assess its significance, it was necessary to find out, or request the information, as to who the U.S. official was."
    This is of course baloney given the volume of data flowing through the system. Someone has to compile material to a request, that is the people have to be named. Rice had to ask for all material regarding Flynn to be presented to her.

Some now very specific allegations are being made

Former President Barack Obama’s national security adviser Susan Rice ordered U.S. spy agencies to produce “detailed spreadsheets” of legal phone calls involving Donald Trump and his aides when he was running for president, according to former U.S. Attorney Joseph diGenova.

“What was produced by the intelligence community at the request of Ms. Rice were detailed spreadsheets of intercepted phone calls with unmasked Trump associates in perfectly legal conversations with individuals,” diGenova told The Daily Caller News Foundation Investigative Group Monday.

“The overheard conversations involved no illegal activity by anybody of the Trump associates, or anyone they were speaking with,” diGenova said. “In short, the only apparent illegal activity was the unmasking of the people in the calls.”

Other official sources with direct knowledge and who requested anonymity confirmed to TheDCNF diGenova’s description of surveillance reports Rice ordered one year before the 2016 presidential election.

Also on Monday, Fox News and Bloomberg News, citing multiple sources reported that Rice had requested the intelligence information that was produced in a highly organized operation. Fox said the unmasked names of Trump aides were given to officials at the National Security Council (NSC), the Department of Defense, James Clapper, President Obama’s Director of National Intelligence, and John Brennan, Obama’s CIA Director.

Joining Rice in the alleged White House operations was her deputy Ben Rhodes, according to Fox.
    In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

• This has a Trump backer connection. Could be verified by checking MSNBC past programming. I don't have time.

Obama Aide Comes Clean: “We Spied on Trump and Hid the Evidence!”
      GOP Presidential March 31, 2017 Uncategorized No Comments

Obama’s former Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense, Evelyn Farkas, made a bombshell admission on MSNBC: the Obama Administration was spying on Donald Trump.

Farkas was commenting on the ongoing investigation between Donald Trump and his ties to Russia—but wound up accidentally confirming Trump’s startling accusation that the Obama White House had set up surveillance on him.

“I was urging my former colleagues and… the people on the Hill… [to] get as much information as you can, get as much intelligence as you can, before President Obama leaves the administration,” said Farkas, in an interview with MSNBC’s Mika Brzezinski. “Because I had a fear I had a fear that somehow that information would disappear with the senior [Obama] people who left. So it would be hidden away in the bureaucracy.”

Farkas explained that, after the Obama Administration had received intelligence that Trump’s team might be talking to Russia, she urged her friends in the White House to leak as much intelligence as possible—because, once Trump was inaugurated, it would be far harder to link him and his associates to Russia. Leaking classified documents is a federal crime.

But then, Farkas accidentally dropped an even bigger bombshell. She admitted that she was also afraid that the incoming Trump Administration, once they took charge of the executive branch, would figure out that the Obama Administration was spying on them—and they took efforts to cover their tracks.

She added: “If [Trump’s staff] found out how we knew what we knew about… [their] dealing with Russians, that they would try to compromise those sources and methods, meaning we no longer have access to that intelligence. So I became very worried because not enough was coming out into the open and I knew there was more…”

Trump attracted huge controversy for his assertion earlier this month that Obama had wiretapped his campaign team during the 2016 presidential election. While “wiretapping” may not be the right word, more and more evidence continues to come out that Obama and his staff had, in fact, been surveilling Trump’s campaign.

A congressional investigation into the illegal surveillance is ongoing. It’s unclear whether or not they’ve contacted Farkas about her role.

Originally published by Trump Train News.
      To be Truly ignorant, Man requires an Education - Plato

Comment

• CNN going full fake with, astonishingly (I really need rolleyes back), McCain along for the ride

Since news broke Monday that the Obama Administration's National Security Adviser, Susan Rice, directed the "unmasking" of NSA intercepts of Trump associates, CNN has raced to shoot down the blockbuster report.
        CNN Tonight's Don Lemon went so far as to announce he would ignore the news at all costs.
        While interviewing a Democratic congressman, CNN's Chris Cuomo claimed it was "demonstrably untrue" Rice sought surveillance of the Trump team, even as that's exactly what yesterday's reports prove.
        Over the last 24 hours, the network has also repeatedly called on its chief national security correspondent -- who was also a political appointee in the Obama White House -- Jim Sciutto, to dismiss the reports as a non-story; Sciutto has even excused Rice claiming ignorance of the unmasking scandal two weeks ago, arguing Rice "wasn't aware" what unmasking Rep. Devin Nunes (R-Calif.) was referring to.
        And on Tuesday's "New Day," anchor Alisyn Camerota openly pleaded with Sen. John McCain to write-off the news as unimportant.
        Last night, Lemon began "CNN Tonight" with an announcement that the Rice report a "fake scandal ginned up by right-wing media and Trump" that he would not be baited into justifying with coverage.
        "On this program tonight, we will not insult your intelligence by pretending," it's legitimate, he said. "Nor will we aid and abet the people trying to misinform you, the American people, by creating a diversion. Not going to do it."

Sciutto also claimed the story was "ginned up" to distract from Trump tweeting that the Trump Tower was "wiretapped," when it was in fact communications were picked up through ordinary NSA surveillance.
        "Again, to note by senior intelligence officials who work for both Democrats and Republicans, this appears to be a story, largely ginned up, partly as a distraction from this larger investigation," Sciutto told Anderson Cooper, explaining that "someone close to Ambassador Rice" told him this type of unmasking is "not unusual."
        In another appearance, Sciutto even attempted to excuse Rice from claiming to have no knowledge of the unmasking she's been caught orchestrating.
        "From her perspective she didn’t know what specific unmasking Devin Nunes and others are talking about, in part because that is something she asks — or asked during the regular course of her work as national security adviser," he said. "I do know from speaking to people yesterday close to her that she doesn’t know specifically what Devin Nunes and others are accusing her of when it comes to unmasking because that was something sets in the regular course of her job."
        And in yet another appearance, Sciutto also setup something of a strawman, arguing that the unmasking story is not important because "unmasking is not leaking."
        During an interview with Sen. John McCain, CNN's Camerota plainly tried nudging the Arizona senator into dismissing the Rice bombshell:
        CAMEROTA: “Okay, senator, I want to move on to other news of the day and that is, as you know, the Trump White House has talked about what they see or they say they see as a controversy of the former national security adviser Susan Rice unmasking a name, someone on team Trump, that was somehow caught up in some incidental collection of surveillance. They say that this is a controversy, it shows that she has done something wildly out of the bounds of normalcy. Is this business as usual for a national security adviser to ask for a name to be revealed, an American name, if she wants to know more or is this some sort of a controversy?”
        McCAIN: “I think the circumstances indicate that there’s a possibility that that request could have been politically motivated. But we need to get to the bottom of it. As I’ve said, and I’ll probably say many more times because I’m kind of boring, this is a centipede. A shoe will drop every few days, the latest the meeting in Seychelles. This is a requirement, in my view, why we need a select committee in order to get through all this because there’s lots more shoes that will drop. I can’t make a judgment on what I just heard. She did have the authority to do it. What was the motivation for doing it, I think is the question.”
        CAMEROTA: “What we’ve heard from the reporting, is that if she saw a masked name that said American number one had these conversations with Russians at the same time that President Obama had imposed sanctions, wouldn’t that arouse some curiosity on her part?”
        McCAIN: “All I can say, Alisyn, is that I don’t know enough to reach a conclusion except to say this is another aspect of this multi-dimensional scandal."
        UPDATE: In an interview on MSNBC addressing this story, Susan Rice has now confirmed she unmasked Trump campaign officials, but is denying doing so for political reasons.
        Other highlights from the interview:
        — Rice on Whether She Unmasked More Trump Officials than Usual: ‘I Don’t Have Any Particular Recollection’
        — Susan Rice Admits Pace of Surveilling Trump Team Increased After Election
        — Susan Rice on Leaking Flynn’s Call: ‘I Can’t Get into Any Specific Reports’
        — Susan Rice Won’t Commit to Testifying About Her Role in Unmasking Trump Team
        Looks like Trump was right

Click image for larger version

Name:	SfFtlD.gif
Views:	1
Size:	585.5 KB
ID:	1470724

Leibniz

Comment

• The question is why all these Trump aides were picked up on FISA sanctioned SIGINT. If the collected evidence made it reasonable to 'unmask' these US persons then nothing has been done wrong. If Trump is even suspected of collaboration with the election interference (and we know both that he is and part of why) then Evelyn Farkas was acting entirely correctly and prudently.

Comment

• Originally posted by snapper View Post
            The question is why all these Trump aides were picked up on FISA sanctioned SIGINT.
            Because Rice specifically asked for sigint pertaining to them. And Comey et al have already categorically denied any FISA requests were made.

Leibniz

Comment

• Originally posted by JAD_333 View Post
              This has a Trump backer connection. Could be verified by checking MSNBC past programming. I don't have time.
              Last 2 minutes

Comment

• Originally posted by Parihaka View Post
                Because Rice specifically asked for sigint pertaining to them. And Comey et al have already categorically denied any FISA requests were made.
                Pretty sure you are mistaken regarding Comey. Either that or Comey was mistaken.

Comment

• FBI Director James Comey said during testimony before the House Intelligence Committee on Monday that he has “no information” backing up President Donald Trump’s allegation that former President Barack Obama wiretapped Trump Tower during last year’s presidential election.

Earlier this month, Trump took to Twitter to claim that Obama ordered surveillance on him as a candidate for president.

Comey said that he has no evidence to support that claim.
                  “With respect to the president’s tweets about alleged wiretapping directed at him by the prior administration, I have no information that supports those tweets,” Comey said. “And we have looked carefully inside the FBI.”

Comey added that the Department of Justice authorized him to say that their conclusion is the same as the FBI’s.

“The department has no information that supports those tweets,” he said.
                  That the FISA requests were fake news was resolved weeks ago.

Leibniz

Comment

• there is absolutely nothing to indicate that Rice did anything illegal or even grey.

no, she did not ask or receive wiretaps of the campaign. the intercepts that Rice wanted pertained to the Trump transition team, and not only that, these intercepts were between foreign officials or between foreign officials/Trump transition members-- not Trump's campaign team internal discussions.
                    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by astralis View Post
                      there is absolutely nothing to indicate that Rice did anything illegal or even grey.

no, she did not ask or receive wiretaps of the campaign. the intercepts that Rice wanted pertained to the Trump transition team, and not only that, these intercepts were between foreign officials or between foreign officials/Trump transition members-- not Trump's campaign team internal discussions.
                      The requested intercepts started a year prior to Trumps nomination, according to several reports. Given that Rice first denied any knowledge, these reports now have credibility.

The unmasked names, of people associated with Donald Trump, were then sent to all those at the National Security Council, some at the Defense Department, then-Director of National Intelligence James Clapper and then-CIA Director John Brennan – essentially, the officials at the top, including former Rice deputy Ben Rhodes.

The names were part of incidental electronic surveillance of candidate and President-elect Trump and people close to him, including family members, for up to a year before he took office.

U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Susan Rice addresses Libya violence at the White House Monday. (Fox News Photo)Expand / Contract
                      Rice was ambassador to the UN when she went on Sunday news shows to say the Benghazi attack was prompted by a video. (Fox News Photo)
                      It was not clear how Rice knew to ask for the names to be unmasked, but the question was being posed by the sources late Monday.
                      Last edited by Parihaka; 04 Apr 17,, 22:50. Reason: edit to add quote

Leibniz

Comment

That the FISA requests were fake news was resolved weeks ago.
                        You are missing what a FISA warrant is; Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court. No Trump and his people were not targeted; they couldn't be anyway under a FISA warrant. Muscovites were targeted to get to the bottom of their attack on US democracy and Trump people kept cropping up...

Comment

• pari,

The requested intercepts started a year prior to Trumps nomination, according to several reports. Given that Rice first denied any knowledge, these reports now have credibility.
                          as far as i know the only source saying this is the Daily Caller. and if this is the standard of judging how a report has credibility, that must give old media tons of credibility every time Trump is caught exaggerating, yes?

in any case, this is not a particularly good way for the administration to try to fight charges that it's too close to Russia: "Rice was looking into conversations our team and the Russians were having since the beginning of our campaign!"
                          There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by snapper View Post
                            You are missing what a FISA warrant is; Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court. No Trump and his people were not targeted; they couldn't be anyway under a FISA warrant. Muscovites were targeted to get to the bottom of their attack on US democracy and Trump people kept cropping up...
                            Which is precisely what I said

Originally posted by Parihaka View Post

Leibniz

Comment

• Originally posted by astralis View Post
                              pari,

as far as i know the only source saying this is the Daily Caller. and if this is the standard of judging how a report has credibility, that must give old media tons of credibility every time Trump is caught exaggerating, yes?

in any case, this is not a particularly good way for the administration to try to fight charges that it's too close to Russia: "Rice was looking into conversations our team and the Russians were having since the beginning of our campaign!"
                              Sorry Asty, I've added the quote to my post as you were replying. As I say, given that Rice at first denied any knowledge, these reports now have credibility.

The unmasked names, of people associated with Donald Trump, were then sent to all those at the National Security Council, some at the Defense Department, then-Director of National Intelligence James Clapper and then-CIA Director John Brennan – essentially, the officials at the top, including former Rice deputy Ben Rhodes.

The names were part of incidental electronic surveillance of candidate and President-elect Trump and people close to him, including family members, for up to a year before he took office.

U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Susan Rice addresses Libya violence at the White House Monday. (Fox News Photo)Expand / Contract
                              Rice was ambassador to the UN when she went on Sunday news shows to say the Benghazi attack was prompted by a video. (Fox News Photo)
                              It was not clear how Rice knew to ask for the names to be unmasked, but the question was being posed by the sources late Monday.

Leibniz

Comment

CNN going full fake with, astonishingly (I really need rolleyes back), McCain along for the ride

Looks like Trump was right

[ATTACH=CONFIG]43647[/ATTACH]
                                The same Susan Rice who claimed Assadds chemical weapons were removed 'in a verifiable way'......

Or was it something I saw on YouTube.....

Comment

Working...
                                X