Fidel Castro Dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FORMBY View Post
    I do not see anything in your link that disproves anything I've written. That was your purpose, yes?
    Ok, we'll go back to förskola if you insist.

You said:

Fidel Castro was a good man.

HIS CRIME? He was naďve.

You used the word "crime", singular, meaning his only crime was, in your word, naiveté.

So, having looked at my link, you didn't find the following to be of any significance, apparently:

"thousands of Cubans were incarcerated in abysmal prisons, thousands more were harassed and intimidated, and entire generations were denied basic political freedoms."

“Over more than five decades documenting the state of human rights in Cuba, Amnesty [International] has recorded a relentless campaign against those who dare to speak out against the Cuban government’s policies and practices”

Upon establishing his provisional government in 1959, Castro organized trials of members of the previous government that resulted in hundreds of summary executions. In response to an international outcry and amid accusations that many of the trials were unfair, Castro responded:

"Revolutionary justice is not based on legal precepts, but on moral conviction... we are not executing innocent people or political opponents. We are executing murderers and they deserve it."

But, presumably to justify all that, you added the caveat of "The strain was great, of course, and Fidel had to make some drastic decisions that might not have always been the best ones to make"

So, drastic decisions..."might" not have always been the best ones to make...like hundreds of summary executions? "Might"?

I can do this all day long.
    “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
      We'll gloss over the fact that Castro was enraged by the Soviet decision to withdraw those missiles and demanded to know why they weren't being used.

That's right, his reaction was "Why in the hell did you bring them here in the first place if not to launch them??"
      Indeed. Maybe he was just "naive"... lol
      To be Truly ignorant, Man requires an Education - Plato

Comment

Castro isn’t the only naďve person in the world, I see.

Click image for larger version

Name:	9c50dcbe6108a5eb69af68b75a8cf9da.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	7.0 KB
ID:	1470135

Comment

[QUOTE=FORMBY;1019080]Castro isn’t the only naďve person in the world, I see.

Name:	9c50dcbe6108a5eb69af68b75a8cf9da.jpg
Size:	7.0 KB
ID:	1470135

Right, Stalin was naive, too. He trusted Hitler.

Unless you put names, I can go on like forever.
          No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Originally posted by Doktor View Post
            Castro isn’t the only naďve person in the world, I see.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]42975[/ATTACH]
            Right, Stalin was naive, too. He trusted Hitler.

Unless you put names, I can go on like forever.
            Actually, when I said that Castro isn’t the only naďve person in the world I wasn't speaking about a particular celebrity past, present, or future. I was referring to the comments on this thread by a sort of a naďve 'follow the leader' tempo.

Name:	1950Pic50-Kidsbunnyhop.jpg
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	1470136

Comment

Actually, when I said that Castro isn’t the only naďve person in the world I wasn't speaking about a particular celebrity past, present, or future. I was referring to the comments on this thread by a sort of a naďve 'follow the leader' tempo.
              Right, much easier than actually responding to the posts.

Face it, you tried to defend one of the 20th Century's more notorious dictators as a "good man" who was merely "naive", got called out on your bullshit and you don't have diddly shit in response.
              “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Name:	mW3eSOd.jpg
Size:	23.6 KB
ID:	1470145

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
                  Right, much easier than actually responding to the posts.

Face it, you tried to defend one of the 20th Century's more notorious dictators as a "good man" who was merely "naive", got called out on your bullshit and you don't have diddly shit in response.
                  I am talking about Fidel Castro. You’d rather play the Obama game: Never mind the deeds by the subject, let’s slander the messenger and absurdly select what to spin from his words. If that’s your preferred style that’s OK, but it’s not mine. I’ve got children of my own and have no responsibility for anyone else’s education. Carry on as you like. Have a nice day and a ............

Name:	happy-new-year-2.gif
Views:	1
Size:	3.3 KB
ID:	1470146

Comment

Name:	bd158e89183744c54051d685af6a78e2.jpg
Size:	13.8 KB
ID:	1470147
                    Last edited by Parihaka; 01 Jan 17,, 09:10.
                    In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Name:	Domestic-cat-holding-a-bi-009.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	13.0 KB
ID:	1470148

Comment

Name:	Dont-Feed-The-Trolls-Meme-11.jpg
Size:	150.4 KB
ID:	1470150
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by YellowFever; 01 Jan 17,, 17:40.

Comment

Just admit it that you miss the Col.

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Kfc?

Comment

Originally posted by Doktor View Post
                              Just admit it that you miss the Col.
                              I do miss the Colonel.

I'm hoping this is a Zero Day chewtoy launched by the Admins of WAB to draw him out and get him to engage again.

Comment

Originally posted by YellowFever View Post
                                I do miss the Colonel.

I'm hoping this is a Zero Day chewtoy launched by the Admins of WAB to draw him out and get him to engage again.
                                Same here on both accounts.

Comment

Working...
                                X