Cambrai

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cambrai

Today marks the 99th year of the 1st time tanks were used in battle , next year will see the biggest celebration 100 years , we have many busses booked to go to Cambrai , RIP the fallen on ALL sides , SALUTE .

And lock up ya daughters .lol.

These beasts certainly frightened the shite out of the krauts , it must have been an awe inspiring sight to see them lumbering towards them .

Regimental motto

FEAR NAUGHT ,

FROM MUD THROUGH BLOOD TO THE GREEN FIELDS BEYOND

https://youtu.be/17lvfodjVJU
    Last edited by tankie; 20 Nov 16,, 15:24.

Thanks Tankie.

I saw the date yesterday but I wasn't able to get on the WAB and post!

FEAR NAUGHT indeed!
    “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
    Mark Twain

Comment

My father drove and fought in an M-24 Chaffee in ROK 1950-1951. He later was the T.C., platoon sergeant and Troop first sergeant for M-60A1 equipped cav squadrons in W. Germany.

Tankers stand tall in my world.

Present Arms!
      "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
      "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

Originally posted by S2 View Post
        My father drove and fought in an M-24 Chaffee in ROK 1950-1951. He later was the T.C., platoon sergeant and Troop first sergeant for M-60A1 equipped cav squadrons in W. Germany.

Tankers stand tall in my world.

Present Arms!
        Cheers Steve ,, Cambrai day , is a day for tankies to come together regardless of rank , starts with gunfire , thats when SNCO,s and officers wake the MEN from slumber with tea laced with rum in bed hmmm ,, the rest of the day is fun n frolics with sports being played thro the day all ranks participating , then comes dinner , again served by the SNCOs and officers to the MEN and it always ended up a food fight , no charges are ever brought or very rarely on this day , officers called by their christian names etc all great fun as long as the arse isnt torn out of it , then the evening comes around with an all ranks ball , then the next available free day was the cpls mess ball followed by SNCOs ball and then officers mess ball , all great times , one big family celebrating and enjoying good times but also remembering why we were celebrating . We were the original MIB as our overalls are black , unlike the donkey wallopers who are green overalls , kof spit kof ,,joking apart tho we were all in the same gig ,rivalry was / is the game , but tankies were the 1st AMEN

ABSENT FRIENDS RIP.

FEAR NAUGHT

SALUTE .

Comment

Originally posted by tankie View Post
          Today marks the 99th year of the 1st time tanks were used in battle , next year will see the biggest celebration 100 years , we have many busses booked to go to Cambrai , RIP the fallen on ALL sides , SALUTE .

And lock up ya daughters .lol.
          Some daughters are actually worse than tankers and would drink them under the table as well.

Comment

Originally posted by FJV View Post
            Some daughters are actually worse than tankers and would drink them under the table as well.
            hahahahahahahaha indeed , bring em on .

Comment

Working...
            X