Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh WOW N Farage gets employed by Trump as his european ambassador

https://youtu.be/tHoH25bwICw
    Last edited by tankie; 14 Nov 16,, 17:55.

Comment

(PiS in Poland)
      Originally posted by snapper View Post
      However there is a demographic problem so their solution is to subsidise families for having more children.
      ... in the same sense their supporters also wanted to outlaw abortion with some of the most hardcore pro-life legislation worldwide. As in jailing women for years for aborting after rape or incest (the only cases where it's legal there now - much like in other pro-life countries most women cross the borders to abort). Even the Catholic Church did not support it for that reason, and pretty much brought it to failure in parliament by having bishops speak out against it - which, since we're talking about a radical fundamentalist-catholic country, does mean quite a bit.

Comment

As I recall it was not the Government or the Party that introduced that Bill. It was, as you say, defeated anyway. Personally I am in general pro life; I cannot imagine having an abortion myself in any normal circumstances. Rape, incest though are not 'normal circumstances' and as I have not suffered them I cannot say how I would feel in the pregnant victims circumstances. Therefore I do not have personally have the right to dictate how such a victim should act. It's mine to act 'morally' for yourself but forcing others to act according to your moral view is wrong in my view.

Comment

I find it strange certain Americans dislike Juncker...as he has alot in common with Trump!

Comment

Smash that irreversible agreement with a wrecking ball...
            http://time.com/4571421/francois-hol...ris-agreement/
            U.S. climate change
            Donald Trump Must Respect ‘Irreversible’ Paris Climate Deal, French President Hollande Says

Kate Samuelson @katesamuelson

12:03 PM ET
            MOROCCO-UN-CLIMATE-COP22
            FADEL SENNA—AFP/Getty Images French President Francois Hollande looks on during the COP22 Climate Change Conference in Marrakesh on November 15, 2016.
            "The United States, the second-largest emitter of greenhouse gases, must respect the commitments that were made"

French President Francois Hollande is urging President-elect Donald Trump and his government to respect the “irreversible” Paris Agreement on climate change that has been signed by more than 190 countries.

Speaking at a U.N. climate conference in Marrakech, Morocco, Hollande praised U.S. President Obama for his role in getting the landmark pact adopted in Paris in 2015 and said France would lead discussions with Trump to ensure the deal remains in place.

“The United States, the most powerful economy in the world, the second-largest emitter of greenhouse gases, must respect the commitments that were made,” Hollande said, the Associated Press reports. “It’s not simply their duty, it’s in their interest.”

During Trump’s presidential campaign, he said he would “scrap” much existing environmental regulation and bring back the ailing coal industry. He pledged to “cancel” the Paris deal, saying it put the U.S. at a competitive disadvantage economically, especially to large developing nations like China that were less constrained on carbon emissions.

U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon weighed in on the mounting international opposition to Trump’s stance on climate change, saying he hoped Trump would shift his position and understand the problem’s “seriousness and urgency.” “As president of the United States, I’m sure that he will understand this, he will listen and he will evaluate his campaign remarks,” he told reporters.

A number of other world leaders have also expressed hope that Trump will reconsider his pledge to withdraw from the Paris Agreement, including, significantly, China. The country’s foreign ministry spokesman, Geng Shuang, said China would like to continue working with all countries, including the U.S., in the global fight against climate change.

Home U.S. Politics World Business Tech Health Science Entertainment Newsfeed Living Ideas Parents Sports History The TIME Vault Magazine Subscribe Give a Gift TIME Shop Press Room Newsletters Customer Service Site Map Privacy Policy Your California Privacy Rights Terms of Use Advertising Ad Choices Ad Choices Careers

© 2016 Time Inc. All rights reserved. Powered by WordPress.com VIP
            To sit down with these men and deal with them as the representatives of an enlightened and civilized people is to deride ones own dignity and to invite the disaster of their treachery - General Matthew Ridgway

Comment

As I recall it was not the Government or the Party that introduced that Bill. It was, as you say, defeated anyway. Personally I am in general pro life; I cannot imagine having an abortion myself in any normal circumstances. Rape, incest though are not 'normal circumstances' and as I have not suffered them I cannot say how I would feel in the pregnant victims circumstances. Therefore I do not have personally have the right to dictate how such a victim should act. It's mine to act 'morally' for yourself but forcing others to act according to your moral view is wrong in my view.
              I'm getting to like you more and more, snapper.

When I think of laws and abortion, my first -- and last -- thought is: "I'm male. Who am I to decide this?"
              Trust me?
              I'm an economist!

Comment

Always have time for a Gentleman who can argue his case politely and without bearing future malice.

Comment

I have a hard time buying the fact that relationships with Europe will struggle under president-elect Trump. The relationship is too critical on both sides which leads me to believe that this is all chatter.

Comment

Gas transit to Europe via Ukraine is at risk of failure, again

As judged by current critical situation in Ukraine's energy sector, problems with Russian gas transit to Europe through Ukrainian territory are inevitable. Note first that just now Ukrainian underground gas storage volumes are inadequate for maintaining high pressure of Russian gas during its outlet from Ukrainian gas pipe this winter. Secondly, social protests and troubled political situation may also stimulate Ukrainian authorities into the transit gas drawing. The peak of Ukraine's withdrawing the EU-paid gas will fall on January-February, 2017. For details you may refer to a report of McKinsey & Company, which recommends Kiev to go to drastic actions in order to ensure minimal heat supply for Ukrainian social facilities and residential houses.

Follow to see full report

Angela Merkel has already expressed concern over reliability of gas transit to European consumers via the Ukrainian transit system, while Maroš Šefčovič, vice-president of the European Commission, has urgently started to discuss this problem with Russian and Ukrainian politicians.

Comment

A Ukrainian EU agreement of energy supply via Ukraine was signed yesterday in Brussels.

Comment

Originally posted by troung View Post
                        During the election campaign, Mr Trump caused alarm in EU circles with his sharp criticism of Nato, the cornerstone of Western Europe's defence structure, and calls for better relations with Russia.

His promise to "cancel" the Paris Climate Agreement within 100 days of taking office and protectionist stance on trade have also caused concern
                        Am seeing this more like hard balling.

How much leverage he has, what he can negotiate with others remains to be seen.

Comment

Originally posted by troung View Post
                          Smash that irreversible agreement with a wrecking ball...

A giant crack in the Antarctic ice has appeared this week, indeed -- google.com/search?q=crack+Antarctic+ice

Comment

Trump's Commerce Chief Cut Off in Berlin as German Patience Ends
                            • Organizers fade out Wilbur Ross video feed to cheers, applause
                            • Episode hints at German frustration ahead of G-20 summit

The U.S. commerce secretary was cut off in mid-speech during a video feed to an event hosted by Chancellor Angela Merkel’s party, underscoring how German patience with attacks on the country’s trade surplus is fraying.

Attendees at the Christian Democratic Union’s business conference in Berlin laughed and clapped when organizers faded out Wilbur Ross after about 20 minutes for overstepping his time limit. Merkel, who had been craning her neck on the podium to watch Ross speak on a screen behind her, then took the floor to close out the evening.

“That was the U.S. secretary of commerce, who had promised us a 10-minute statement,” Werner M. Bahlsen, head of the CDU Economic Council, told the audience Tuesday evening. “As you saw, he spoke a bit slowly, so it took a bit longer. Now we look forward to the chancellor’s speech.”

Ross’s comments included renewed criticism of Germany’s trade surplus with the U.S., which President Donald Trump has used repeatedly to pillory Europe’s biggest economy. The episode hints at growing tension over trade and challenges such as climate change ahead a Group of 20 summit next week in Hamburg, where Merkel will host Trump and his global peers. German officials said earlier that Ross had canceled a trip to Berlin to address the meeting in person.

Merkel Pushback

While blaming World Trade Organization rules for favoring exporters over importers, Ross agreed with Merkel that the U.S. and the European Union should resume talks on a free-trade pact. The Trump administration made a “conscious decision not to walk away from” the proposed Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership, Ross said.

“As your biggest customer, we hope to obtain a larger share of your market,” he said. “We, as major trading partners of each other, should have a free-trade agreement.”

After organizers cut Ross off during a call to counteract dumping in international trade, Merkel rejected his criticism of Germany’s surplus. She argued that direct investment to the U.S. by German companies should also be considered.

The chancellor welcomed Ross’s support for restarting talks on TTIP, a goal she and former President Barack Obama championed. It’s a rare point of agreement on trade policy between Trump and Merkel, who will be key players when G-20 leaders seek to agree on shared goals.

“We will have controversial discussions at the G-20 summit,” said Merkel, who’s seeking a fourth term as chancellor in Germany’s election on Sept. 24.
                            https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-patience-ends

I wonder whether anyone told him they weren't listening anymore or whether he kept droning on for another 20 minutes past that...

Comment

Comment

Even if it's old:
                                it's economic policies (higher benefits and subsidies for having more children) would normally be considered 'left wing'.
                                Over here one country west we consider that pretty conservative and borderline nazi policies.

Comment

Working...
                                X