No announcement yet.

Trump's Europe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When the demographics are bad certainly it is wisdom.

Comment

Originally posted by kato View Post
      Uhh... sorry to break your Juncker hate
      Oh I don't hate him, he's just a drunken dullard.
      In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Originally posted by tankie View Post
        once GREATEST NATION IN THE WORLD , ENGLAND
        It's funny how that one word really stands out if you selectively quote that.

Originally posted by tankie View Post
        right back to 1945
        Pleven Plan in five years, 120% GDP growth compared to 2010 by 2031, expanding production five-fold to roll over the global market? Maybe a bit too optimistic.

Then again, reducing the British Empire by 90% in the same time? Hmm...
        Last edited by kato; 12 Nov 16,, 20:01.

Comment

Was supposed to be a 1000 year reich , that was the plan , but after certain arses were firmly kicked , plan B implemented

Long live ENGLAND , hows that then , and we will live long , on our own ,,again ,, thank f##k

Comment

So, when is 1955?
            No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Boris Johnson to skip EU special meeting on Trump win

12 November 2016
              From the section UK Politics

Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson will not attend a European special meeting called to discuss Donald Trump's US election victory.

Mr Johnson has told his EU counterparts to end the "whinge-o-rama" over the result of the presidential race.

A Foreign Office spokesman said he would not go to the meeting on Sunday but would attend a regular Foreign Affairs Council meeting on Monday.

The BBC understands a senior UK official will be sent in his place.

A Foreign Office spokesman said: "The Foreign Secretary will not attend the meeting convened for Sunday. There is a regular Foreign Affairs Council meeting on Monday where a range of issues can be discussed in the normal way.

"We do not see the need for an additional meeting on Sunday because the US election timetable is long established. An act of democracy has taken place, there is a transition period and we will work with the current and future administrations to ensure the best outcomes for Britain."

On Friday Mr Johnson said "with respect to my beloved EU friends and colleagues, I think it is time we snapped out of the general doom and gloom about the result of this election and the collective whinge-o-rama that seems to be going on in some places".

Mr Johnson's remarks are in stark contrast to those of EU Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker.

He said Mr Trump's election risked upsetting EU ties with the US "fundamentally and structurally".

He said: "We will need to teach the president-elect what Europe is and how it works", adding that two years would be wasted while Mr Trump "tours a world he doesn't know".

Following his victory Mr Trump spoke with Prime Minister Theresa May. A Downing Street spokesman said they agreed that "the US-UK relationship was very important and very special and that building on this would be a priority for them both".

But a senior member of German Chancellor Angela Merkel's Social Democrat coalition partner, Axel Schafer, said the PM's hope that Mr Trump will look favourably on the UK will come to nothing.

Mr Schafer told The Times: "What changed is the likelihood of a speedy and preferential trade deal between the UK and US. Even before Tuesday the chances were rather low, now the hope for this kind of deal seems delusional."

Tom Brake, Lib Dem foreign affairs spokesman, accused Mr Johnson of being an "artless diplomat" whose decision to snub the meeting would further damage the UK's relationship with other EU leaders.

He said Mr Trump's election raised "a huge number of questions" for Britain, Europe and the rest of the world, including concerns over potential US protectionism, Nato, Russian president Vladimir Putin and Syria.

"We face a difficult period for UK foreign relations and having this artless diplomat in charge of proceedings puts us on the back foot," he added.
              http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-37963046
              To sit down with these men and deal with them as the representatives of an enlightened and civilized people is to deride ones own dignity and to invite the disaster of their treachery - General Matthew Ridgway

Comment

"The ruling Law and Justice Party (PiS) in Poland is generally labelled as 'right wing' but it's economic policies (higher benefits and subsidies for having more children) would normally be considered 'left wing'."

I have no problem with implementing both left or right policies. And as Mihais said it's common sense to determine which is which.

It all depends on the situation the country finds itself.

Western Europe finds itself in a quagmire because of their unwillingness to have children coupled with their leftist policies.

It's time they examine their policies instead of labeling people with differing views as Islamophobes or racist right wingers.
                Last edited by YellowFever; 12 Nov 16,, 21:23.

Comment

Originally posted by Mihais View Post
                  Fortunately,is just common sense.
                  Racism?

Comment

Strictly speaking,demographic policies.

Racism is something I don't know what it means.So I don't talk about meaningless words :)
                    Those who know don't speak
                    He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

Comment

Racism is something I don't know what it means.So I don't talk about meaningless words :)
                      It's what touchy-feely people call us when we disagree with them.

Comment

Strictly speaking,demographic policies.

Discrimination or persecution on the basis of race alone.

I agree that if words are thrown about too often, it dilutes their meaning.

Comment

Originally posted by YellowFever View Post
                          Racist , 1ST Coined by a russian chappy to shut his opponents up , Trotsky in 1927 ,,,,,,,ALLEGEDLY .
                          Last edited by tankie; 13 Nov 16,, 11:07.

Comment

"The ruling Law and Justice Party (PiS) in Poland is generally labelled as 'right wing' but it's economic policies (higher benefits and subsidies for having more children) would normally be considered 'left wing'."

I have no problem with implementing both left or right policies. And as Mihais said it's common sense to determine which is which.

It all depends on the situation the country finds itself.

Western Europe finds itself in a quagmire because of their unwillingness to have children coupled with their leftist policies.

It's time they examine their policies instead of labeling people with differing views as Islamophobes or racist right wingers.
                            I tend to agree that solving problems is more important than how ones policies regarding solving them are perceived. In Poland PiS by and large is anti Muslim migration for much the same historical reasons as those nations to the south that were under the Ottoman yoke before. However there is a demographic problem so their solution is to subsidise families for having more children.

Comment

Bugger off ,mate.You're Korean.You cannot be racist,so don't try to steal titles from White people :)))

As Tankie said,this is commie language.I don't think and talk the way ennemies of all decent and good want me to do it.
                              Besides,discrimination should be legal.Wanna be a jerk,so be it.At personal level is nice and easy.At national level,it comes down to only two situations.Either a vast majority is made of jerks,in which case decent folks should pack and leave.Or there are serious issues between communities.Those can be solved in an early stage with a minimum of losses.Or you can start a policy of restricting freedoms and rights,call it "diversity" and manage to fester a wound for decades,until it turns nasty.
                              Those who know don't speak
                              He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

Comment

Bugger off ,mate.You're Korean.You cannot be racist,so don't try to steal titles from White people :)))

As Tankie said,this is commie language.I don't think and talk the way ennemies of all decent and good want me to do it.
                                Besides,discrimination should be legal.Wanna be a jerk,so be it.At personal level is nice and easy.At national level,it comes down to only two situations.Either a vast majority is made of jerks,in which case decent folks should pack and leave.Or there are serious issues between communities.Those can be solved in an early stage with a minimum of losses.Or you can start a policy of restricting freedoms and rights,call it "diversity" and manage to fester a wound for decades,until it turns nasty.
                                I agree that discrimination should be legal at at personal level. People should be free to be jerks even racist jerks, and if they cross the line, they are laws against assault, violence to property , murder etc.

I think that diversity has no inherent value; some countries that are racially or ethnically homogenous might find it prudent to remain that way in this day and age. That is not the deny the advantages that a good immigration policy has brought to countries like the US and Canada.

However, I think most countries of the world have a racial, ethnic, religious or even linguistic minority that comprises atleast a tenth of the total population. In these cases the question is more how to maintain the peace and harmony between all the communities and groups that make up the nation. I think the starting point is in basic rights for all citizens that cannot be taken away even by a majority vote. There might even be a place for some kind of affirmative action if one community faces systematic disadvantages as long as the process is not politically corrupted.

Comment

Working...
                                X