Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Trumpeter 1:32 Enhanced Avenger

Defense ProfessionalSenior Contributor tbm3fan's Avatar
    Yes, that one lug on the outer half fits into a pin at the front of the hydraulic cylinder to hold the wing in place. You can see one of the timing check valves down by the lug to control the exact sequence of events so you don't rip anything like the flaps which have a latch to meld the inner with outer half of the flaps. The handle below the cylinder is obviously to open the wings manually which is how I do it till my F-4 Phantom hydraulics expert rebuilds the hydraulic system.

The inner part of the wings is always body color which means dark sea blue or white. The interior green is incorrect.

The ailerons are under hydraulic control.

Senior Contributor Builder 2010's Avatar
    The hand lever just disengages the pin? How difficult is it to move the wings against the pistons in the cylinders. Where does the hydraulic fluid go? I assume that in your plane, all the fluid is drained so you can work on everything. Again, these pictures and your experience is what makes writing this stuff every day totally worth the effort. I'm going to post some of these on the other sites, if it's okay with you.

Yes, the hand lever disengages the pin with a forward tug. To open manually you need one person at the pin, two-three people at the tip of the wing (tall), and then one person at the back where the flaps of the folding wing meet the large flap of the inner wing. Just inside the meeting of those two halves is a catch that locks the two halved together to act as a unit. There is also a hydraulic timing check valve down in there. My left hand side does leak. Anyway that catch must be moved by hand otherwise as the wing comes down, and the two halves want to separate, bad things can happen besides a loud snap. Once all is done in order the wing moves down half way and will remain there. One person can push the wing back and attach the holding cable to the elevator. There is a picture of the wing end on page 2. Picture below is the elevator end.

Hydraulic oil has a reservoir above the pump which is in the back half of the plane under the turret. There is a picture of that on page 1.

By the way did you notice the picture I had of the pilot's left side of the cockpit. Those control dials happen to be half red/half green for the top one, front one also with black dial over, and the inside one is half white/half black. None of them are all red.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Continued

Continued 2

Continued 3

Senior Contributor Builder 2010's Avatar

ABM: Wing Fold Piping

More great pictures! Some of those small details are in the kit, some are not.

I started piping the fold area. I'm using that micro tubing to fake the fitting. I believe there are some resin plumbing fittings that I saw at the hobby shop. I have to check them out before I get too far into the weeds. But, even so, when painted, it should look reasonably complicated. After all, we're just shooting for the illusion of gadgetry, not a workable product.

The tubing size is ridiculous, and this wasn't the smallest size. The smallest telescopes into this one. For the junction block I actually drilled two cross holes into a one-size larger tube to insert the small tube. All is held with CA. I actually entertained the thought to solder these connections. I held that thought for about 5 milliseconds. I scraped all the molded details which this special chisel from MicroMark.

Name:  Piping 01.JPG
Views: 7
Size:  296.7 KB

Name:  Piping 02.JPG
Views: 7
Size:  560.9 KB

Thread Information