Thailand's King dies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thailand's King dies

With his passing along with his moral authority what will now happen between the two opposing sides in Thailand's political battles which can turn violent? Can the Crown Prince keep them reigned in or...?

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/13/asia/t...dulyadej-dies/

It could be the end of the farang bars and businesses if forced not to trade for a month , still the shutters will come down and the speak easy trade begins ,hope they have paid their police protection bahts lol , Pattaya may revert to a family tourist holiday city and the end of the worlds biggest brothel , A full year of mourning declared .

If as suspected the 2 sides kick off again , mayhem will be had . Again .
    Last edited by tankie; 14 Oct 16,, 18:34.

Comment

Pattaya a family holiday city,mmm. You know I first visited Pataya in June 1991 and walked down to the beach at 11:00 am. You could look all the way south and all the way north and I was the only person on the beach except for a handful of vendors. Then saw the same beach in 2007 and it was wall to wall people.

Comment

/\ hahahaha, wall to wall people hmmm right down to walking st and beyond ,Pattaya once a well know fishing village famed for its sail fishing , basically turned into the worlds biggest fleshpot in a flash , hotels are still being built today and expanding while some of the famed soi's are being pulled down . The russians tried to move in on walking st etc but i believe they have now gone !!!
        Last edited by tankie; 15 Oct 16,, 16:16.

Comment

I strongly doubt the junta is going to shut down tourism, although there will be voluntary -- yes, voluntary; the King was highly revered – closures and perhaps somewhat earlier curfews.

The real question is how long the generals are going to cling to power, and under what terms they might allow a few to take off the uniform and assume a civilian-like role in running the country. It has been done before, far too often, but without the King's ability to shame coup leaders into compromise, this is going to be dicey.
          Trust me?
          I'm an economist!

Comment

Yes DOR ,not tourism as such , just the bars of horizonal refreshment ,BBK i believe will not suffer tho . I hope not a return to app 7 years ago , bloody to say the least , tourism will take a massive hit if it does . The land of smiles ,,I sincerely hope it stays that way .
            Last edited by tankie; 15 Oct 16,, 16:18.

Comment

Originally posted by tbm3fan View Post
              With his passing along with his moral authority what will now happen between the two opposing sides in Thailand's political battles which can turn violent? Can the Crown Prince keep them reigned in or...?

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/13/asia/t...dulyadej-dies/
              Respecting the Thai king and pray that Thailand never becomes violent Country.

Comment

Working...
              X