Rusty I need your help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rusty I need your help

Hey Dick, I need your help. I am putting together an exhibit for the new big screen displays in Iowa’s museum space, the ones David Canfield put together, they now show the 360 degree photos of the off tour spaces.
    I am writing the code for a new app that shows an elevation drawing of the Iowa (Actually the Wisconsin, because I don’t have digital Iowa plans) in cutaway view. When our quests mouse over a compartment it will highlight and bring up a text box with a description of the space, we could also play a sound file description or video.
    My problem is the plans are a little hard to read and some of these abbreviations I just don’t know.
    I put yellow circles around the questions I have. I am hoping that you or anyone else out there can help me with this.

Thanks Craig

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	1,018.0 KB
ID:	1485630

Name:	2.jpg
Size:	1.03 MB
ID:	1485631

Name:	3.jpg
Size:	1.03 MB
ID:	1485632

Name:	4.jpg
Size:	341.1 KB
ID:	1485633
    Craig Johnson

SD Storage = Supply Department Storage

PYRO LKR = Pyrotechnics locker

Might be a few here but many of those outlined are far newer than the 1936 nomenclature. Still an interesting site for understanding how a ship is broken down section by section. Their knowledge base is very informative with manuals.

http://archive.hnsa.org/doc/label/index.htm#desc
    Last edited by tbm3fan; 19 Sep 16,, 19:43.

Comment

Originally posted by Battleship IOWA View Post
      Hey Dick, I need your help. I am putting together an exhibit for the new big screen displays in Iowa’s museum space, the ones David Canfield put together, they now show the 360 degree photos of the off tour spaces.
      I am writing the code for a new app that shows an elevation drawing of the Iowa (Actually the Wisconsin, because I don’t have digital Iowa plans) in cutaway view. When our quests mouse over a compartment it will highlight and bring up a text box with a description of the space, we could also play a sound file description or video.
      My problem is the plans are a little hard to read and some of these abbreviations I just don’t know.
      I put yellow circles around the questions I have. I am hoping that you or anyone else out there can help me with this.

Thanks Craig

[ATTACH]42141[/ATTACH]
      [ATTACH]42142[/ATTACH]
      [ATTACH]42143[/ATTACH]
      [ATTACH]42144[/ATTACH]
      Top profile: AFFF Compartment: Carried AFFF Fire Fighting equipment in case a helo landed too hard and ruptured a fuel tank or two.
      SD Storeroom for Ship's Dry Stores.
      UNA: Unassigned Space. Usually used by crew to stow 1,100 feet of Nylon Double Braided towing line.

2nd profile down: FO Optical Workshop: Flight Operators (Air Controllers) workshop to clean, repair and/or recalibrate Optical equipment for guiding in Helos or RPVs.
      Faccon Area Number 1: Control station plus maintainance of Foam Fire Fighting equipment in the Main Machinery Spaces.
      IC Repair Shop. Repair of Interior Communications equipment.

3rd profile down: Rocket Assisted "Torpedo Magazine". Actually not torpedoes but Signal Flares. The other side of that compartment stowed signal floats, balloons, etc.
      Marine's Storeroom. Stowed bulkier items for the ship's 45 Marines where there wasn't enough room in their
      quarters surrounding Barbett III. Particularly Landing Gear.
      WR Storeroom: Wardroom Storeroom.

Bottom profile: Air and Watertight Compartment Hatch with Quick Acting Scuttle. It led down to the 2nd deck crew's quarters aft and the anchor windlass room and Boatswains work spaces forward.
      Pyro Locker: Stowage of Pyrotechnics such as special signal flares or even Holiday Fireworks shows.
      Able to leap tall tales in a single groan.

Comment

Originally posted by tbm3fan View Post
        SD Storage = Supply Department Storage

PYRO LKR = Pyrotechnics locker

Might be a few here but many of those outlined are far newer than the 1936 nomenclature. Still an interesting site for understanding how a ship is broken down section by section. Their knowledge base is very informative with manuals.

http://archive.hnsa.org/doc/label/index.htm#desc
        Thanks tbm3fan

Originally posted by RustyBattleship View Post
        Top profile: AFFF Compartment: Carried AFFF Fire Fighting equipment in case a helo landed too hard and ruptured a fuel tank or two.
        SD Storeroom for Ship's Dry Stores.
        UNA: Unassigned Space. Usually used by crew to stow 1,100 feet of Nylon Double Braided towing line.

2nd profile down: FO Optical Workshop: Flight Operators (Air Controllers) workshop to clean, repair and/or recalibrate Optical equipment for guiding in Helos or RPVs.
        Faccon Area Number 1: Control station plus maintainance of Foam Fire Fighting equipment in the Main Machinery Spaces.
        IC Repair Shop. Repair of Interior Communications equipment.

3rd profile down: Rocket Assisted "Torpedo Magazine". Actually not torpedoes but Signal Flares. The other side of that compartment stowed signal floats, balloons, etc.
        Marine's Storeroom. Stowed bulkier items for the ship's 45 Marines where there wasn't enough room in their
        quarters surrounding Barbett III. Particularly Landing Gear.
        WR Storeroom: Wardroom Storeroom.

Bottom profile: Air and Watertight Compartment Hatch with Quick Acting Scuttle. It led down to the 2nd deck crew's quarters aft and the anchor windlass room and Boatswains work spaces forward.
        Pyro Locker: Stowage of Pyrotechnics such as special signal flares or even Holiday Fireworks shows.
        Thanks Dick this is very helpful. Craig
        Craig Johnson

Comment

Working...
        X