Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 17 Indian soldiers killed in Kashmir attack, worst in recent days

Turbanator Senior Contributor Double Edge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 667medic View Post
    Well, so much for the surgical strike being a deterrent. Pakistan just showed a big middle finger to India. The Pakistani public largely believes the surgical strike to be a figment of Indian imagination and now are probably thrilled at this latest incident.
    Exactly a month to the date our raid took place. That is pretty good proof it happened. The people responsible got the message and they replied. They look for parity at any chance but cannot have it.

As for the rest of the Pak public its better they don't believe it. These moves will be under the radar.

What's the sentiment in India now....
    The people in north block will cook something up. The goal is to raise the costs of the opponent. Nobody expected one raid to solve the problem. The goal was to signal a change in tack and a determination to up the ante where necessary. This was not the case earlier.

There will be a series of moves after which we can assess the results. Doing something, anything is welcome compared to the past.

In his farewell speech, General Sharif warned India that it “should know that mistaking our policy of patience for weakness would be dangerous.”
    Same to him.
    Last edited by Double Edge; 13 Dec 16, at 12:46.

Quote Originally Posted by anil View Post
    Thank you for sharing the thoughts - https://youtu.be/jRKz82v5JQY
    Good day
    Wow, stay happy in "The Hind".
    cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Double Edge View Post
    Exactly a month to the date our raid took place. That is pretty good proof it happened. The people responsible got the message and they replied. They look for parity at any chance but cannot have it.

As for the rest of the Pak public its better they don't believe it. These moves will be under the radar.

The people in north block will cook something up. The goal is to raise the costs of the opponent. Nobody expected one raid to solve the problem. The goal was to signal a change in tack and a determination to up the ante where necessary. This was not the case earlier.

There will be a series of moves after which we can assess the results. Doing something, anything is welcome compared to the past.

Same to him.
    My point is that "any" response is not good enough. The Paks have a huge strategic advantage when it comes to planning this kind of operation. They have endless supply of volunteers willing to do anything to fuck 72 virgins in paradise. The leadership has convinced their population that there is never going to any retaliation from India. This in turn convinces their population that Kashmir will be "liberated" at any cost.

I understand that it is all not so simple but Paks have no respect for India. One surgical strike is not going to change anything. What's needed is sustained attack to keep them on the defensive. I don't see that happening anytime and in the mean time Indian military bases continue to remain vulnerable, which doesn't give confidence to Indian let alone deter the Paks...
    Seek Save Serve Medic

Their goal is to make the next strike, that is their Victory. With the limitless supply of fanatics mentioned (that have been cultivated for this very purpose), they will always be able to make the next strike, even with 99% of them failing, there will be the 1% which will be the victory for them.
    Given that a sustained low intensity response is the only option people see, will this sustained campaign may also ensure that the current attitude of Pakistan continues forever? in essence feeding the beast.
    cheers

In my opinion, the only way Pak will fall in line is if they can be made to realize the limits of Chinese support that they will receive in any conflict. Their current thinking is that China will back them with money/material/weapons at any cost. A few Paks realize the folly of such thinking but the majority of the population, including the English educated elite seem to believe otherwise. Just look at the comments section in DAWN about CPEC, I bet many of them don't even know the full definition of CPEC...
    Seek Save Serve Medic

Turbanator Senior Contributor Double Edge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 667medic View Post
    My point is that "any" response is not good enough. The Paks have a huge strategic advantage when it comes to planning this kind of operation. They have endless supply of volunteers willing to do anything to fuck 72 virgins in paradise. The leadership has convinced their population that there is never going to any retaliation from India. This in turn convinces their population that Kashmir will be "liberated" at any cost.
    They have their weak points as well. The difference is our raid showed a willingness to explore them. I would not call our raid just any attack it was precise in objective, targets and result. Future ones will be as well.

How long are their population to continue believing. At some point it all seems like hot air. Do they actually even care. How many people in the world agree with them.

I understand that it is all not so simple but Paks have no respect for India. One surgical strike is not going to change anything. What's needed is sustained attack to keep them on the defensive. I don't see that happening anytime and in the mean time Indian military bases continue to remain vulnerable, which doesn't give confidence to Indian let alone deter the Paks...
    The talk is don't expect any change in relations until the next elections in 2019. Assuming the present administration can win it.

This means there are two years left.

I don't care whether Paks have respect for India just that their administration does.

Thread Information