Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The U.N. Sent 3 Women To The U.S. To Assess Gender Equality. They Were Horrified

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A couple of posts were removed. Please resume normal posting.
    “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Originally posted by antimony View Post
      Life in the UN must be smooooth...
      Flows from the top. I don't know if it started with Kofi Annan but he sure exploit it to the freaking hilt. He was travelling all over the world from capital to capital "asking" for troops for Rwanda. In the meantime, three Nigerian regiments were waiting for the UNSC go. As corrupt as the Nigerians were, that was more than enough combat power to stop the killing and get back to the business of robbing. In other words, Annan was going on a world tour instead of staying in New York working the UNSC for that go. On the UN's dollar, meaning our dollars.

And you do recall when Indian and Canadian miltiary officers were being shelled by the Israelis in Lebanon? Annan was nowhere to be found until Monday morning after our people were killed. It was a Canadian General at the UN doing the phone calls Tel Avi to try to get the shelling stopped. That was Annan's job. Instead, he showed up Monday morning all mad before the camera, not because our people were killed but his weekend was cut short.

The fuck rather vacation on the UN's dime than to do his fucking job. So, yeah, I can see why these witch hunters wannabes want to do this study. For fuck sakes, everything they wrote I can look up on the internet and not spend one friggin dime.

I have no use for the UN. If we want to go in, then give us the Chapter 7 and we'll go in under our own Colours, not the UN blue.
      Last edited by Officer of Engineers; 01 Sep 16,, 14:49.
      Chimo

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
        Flows from the top. I don't know if it started with Kofi Annan but he sure exploit it to the freaking hilt. He was travelling all over the world from capital to capital "asking" for troops for Rwanda. In the meantime, three Nigerian regiments were waiting for the UNSC go. As corrupt as the Nigerians were, that was more than enough combat power to stop the killing and get back to the business of robbing. In other words, Annan was going on a world tour instead of staying in New York working the UNSC for that go. On the UN's dollar, meaning our dollars.

And you do recall when Indian and Canadian miltiary officers were being shelled by the Israelis in Lebanon? Annan was nowhere to be found until Monday morning after our people were killed. It was a Canadian General at the UN doing the phone calls Tel Avi to try to get the shelling stopped. That was Annan's job. Instead, he showed up Monday morning all mad before the camera, not because our people were killed but his weekend was cut short.

The fuck rather vacation on the UN's dime than to do his fucking job. So, yeah, I can see why these witch hunters wannabes want to do this study. For fuck sakes, everything they wrote I can look up on the internet and not spend one friggin dime.

I have no use for the UN. If we want to go in, then give us the Chapter 7 and we'll go in under our own Colours, not the UN blue.
        Ah, the intense indignation of "apparently deliberate targeting" of an UN post.

Colonel,
        Having said all of that, you of all would know the good the blue helmets achieved in Africa and elsewhere. I understand you are thoroughly disillusioned, but that record cannot be done away with
        "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

Comment

Colonel,
          Having said all of that, you of all would know the good the blue helmets achieved in Africa and elsewhere. I understand you are thoroughly disillusioned, but that record cannot be done away with
          Because of the quality of contributing nations, not because of the UN. I rather have an Indian or a Pakistani Company than a Nigerian division. The UN takes whomever and whatever. If you read of UN success, you should read it's Indian or Pakistani or Canadian or British or French ...

And even then, we have disasters. His fault or not, Dallaire comes to mind.
          Chimo

Comment

Because of the quality of contributing nations, not because of the UN. I rather have an Indian or a Pakistani Company than a Nigerian division. The UN takes whomever and whatever. If you read of UN success, you should read it's Indian or Pakistani or Canadian or British or French ...

And even then, we have disasters. His fault or not, Dallaire comes to mind.
            Sure, but many of these nations would not be there if not for the organizational umbrella and more importantly, legitimacy that the UN provides. India in particular has been very clear and vocal about that.
            "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

Comment

Sure, but many of these nations would not be there if not for the organizational umbrella and more importantly, legitimacy that the UN provides. India in particular has been very clear and vocal about that.
              Let's be clear about this. India is not interested in bringing peace to the world. She's trying to score brownie points to get a P seat in the UNSC. How many Indian PMs or Ministers are directly involved in peace negotiations in any UN op.

I didn't see my PM in Yugoslavia nor Rwanda negotiating peace either.

Organizational umbrella? That's a laugh. If New York couldn't get Indian troops, they want an Indian General precisely because he's bringing in the organizational capabilities. Why else would Nigerian troops accept outside command in their own backyard. Canada certainly would not have tolerated UN command during the Oka Crisis.

And this gets to me. Nigeria could have ended the Rwandan Genocide all by herself. She waited for the UNSC go that never came. In all the other regions, the regional power went in with or without UN ok and they couldn't care less. India certainly didn't go to the UN for Sri Lanka.

Our troops did wonders and punched above their weight. The reason why the UN did so well is because of us, not because of the organization. Most of whom would rather spend nights in $1000 hotels doing research that could have been done over an internet line instead of learning the ground realities.
              Chimo

Comment

Let's be clear about this. India is not interested in bringing peace to the world. She's trying to score brownie points to get a P seat in the UNSC. How many Indian PMs or Ministers are directly involved in peace negotiations in any UN op.
                I am not questioning that one bit. I know very well what India's motivations are.

Organizational umbrella? That's a laugh. If New York couldn't get Indian troops, they want an Indian General precisely because he's bringing in the organizational capabilities. Why else would Nigerian troops accept outside command in their own backyard. Canada certainly would not have tolerated UN command during the Oka Crisis.
                I do not mean about the field level organization. I mean the organization to get these people there in the first place.

And this gets to me. Nigeria could have ended the Rwandan Genocide all by herself. She waited for the UNSC go that never came. In all the other regions, the regional power went in with or without UN ok and they couldn't care less. India certainly didn't go to the UN for Sri Lanka.
                How would countries justify involvement in regional or world matters to their internal audience without a UN Mandate? Sure, India dabbled in IPKF, what happened after that? Rajiv Gandhi suffered both politically and personally from that decision.

A UN mandate makes these adventures politically acceptable, at least in developing countries.

Our troops did wonders and punched above their weight. The reason why the UN did so well is because of us, not because of the organization. Most of whom would rather spend nights in $1000 hotels doing research that could have been done over an internet line instead of learning the ground realities.
                Colonel, when you are operating under a UN umbrella, you are the UN. You may be a Canadian or Indian or whatever, but the people you help see you as a blue helmet or a UN aid worker. Regardless of your feelings regarding the UN top leadership or even their overpriced bureaucrats or even the motivations of the member countries, people get the help they need because the UN is in a position to marshal these resources, even if they fail to do so sometimes (Rwanda).

Comment

I do not mean about the field level organization. I mean the organization to get these people there in the first place.
                  That's just it. Just because the UN said go doesn't mean people will go. It takes member countries to organize the go. If there are no qualified takers, ie the Congo, then there would be no mission.

A UN mandate makes these adventures politically acceptable, at least in developing countries.
                  We didn't need one for Kosovo, East Timor, and Iraq. The Soviets didn't need one for Czechoslovakia, Hungary, Afghanistan. China didn't need one for Vietnam. And India didn't need one for Pakistan (3 times).

Colonel, when you are operating under a UN umbrella, you are the UN. You may be a Canadian or Indian or whatever, but the people you help see you as a blue helmet or a UN aid worker. Regardless of your feelings regarding the UN top leadership or even their overpriced bureaucrats or even the motivations of the member countries, people get the help they need because the UN is in a position to marshal these resources, even if they fail to do so sometimes (Rwanda).
                  The ground realities are quite different. If Nigerian troops are in front of you, do as you please. They won't leave the barracks. Just don't go into their barracks. The locals learn which troops will fight and which troops won't.
                  Chimo

Comment

Working...
                  X