• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dunkirk

Dunkirk

Christopher Nolan.

Oh hell YES.

“He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

The movie I really want to see this year has got to be HACKSAW RIDGE.

The story of Private Desmond Doss, the first conscientious objector to receive The Medal of Honor.

Comment

Both look good!

Comment

Originally posted by YellowFever View Post
        ...Private Desmond Doss, the first conscientious objector to receive The Medal of Honor.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	DossCitation.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	268.7 KB
ID:	1469862

Comment

Saw Hacksaw Ridge a few weeks ago. Pretty good...typical over the top Mel Gibson...and some of the customs and courtesy of the Army are totally ignored but its still worth a seeing.
          “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
          Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post
            Saw Hacksaw Ridge a few weeks ago. Pretty good...typical over the top Mel Gibson...and some of the customs and courtesy of the Army are totally ignored but its still worth a seeing.
            Yeah I thought he played it pretty fast and loose that way too...Still a pretty good movie. Don't think I'll watch it again though.
            “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Comment

Kenneth Branagh. YES!

Comment

Update

Comment

I sure hope this is pretty much bloody factual. Can't stand them when they aren't. Seeing a good mover of this genre is as difficult as waiting to see a great Western.

Comment

Originally posted by tbm3fan View Post
                      I sure hope this is pretty much bloody factual. Can't stand them when they aren't. Seeing a good mover of this genre is as difficult as waiting to see a great Western.
                      Well if you can sit through Hacksaw Ridge, you can sit through anything...Great actor and enjoyed the film ..but come on!

Comment

It looks like Nolan has done his homework, actually showing the RAF defending the evacuation.
                        In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Originally posted by Parihaka View Post
                          It looks like Nolan has done his homework, actually showing the RAF defending the evacuation.
                          Lets be truthful here, Dunkirk was a monumental F-ck up on a biblical scale. How we pulled the evacuation off was part determination, part luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Toby View Post
                            Lets be truthful here, Dunkirk was a monumental F-ck up on a biblical scale. How we pulled the evacuation off was part determination, part luck.
                            Britain expected WWI, i.e. the French to hold. Given the volatile nature of what they faced, it was actually quite spectacularly successful. They did have two advantages/luck in that the Germans were so successful they outran their supplies and the French rearguard performed magnificently, so much so that most of them were evacuated too.
                            In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Originally posted by Toby View Post
                              Well if you can sit through Hacksaw Ridge, you can sit through anything
                              I didn't...

Comment

Working...
                              X