• A Mossy Affair

A new friend came to stay

Click image for larger version

Name:	50645-catalog.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	1485627

Mossberg 590; 12 GA, 9 shot with heat shield, model no. 50465

This fills up a gaping (12 GA caliber size) hole in my collection, a hitherto gap of a 12 Ga pump action (or any kind of shotgun).

I have got some 12 GA ammo and magpul furniture on the way; I am happy (ish)
    "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

How many pairs of shoes you have to buy for the wife so you can have this?
    Chimo

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
      Who said he is still married?
      No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Two answers:

1. Have your years in the military and in married life not taught you anything about stealth and camouflage :)? I have got 1 wife, 2 daughters and my own parents in the house. None of them know anything about this, even when I brought it in and stored in the "designated closet"

2. One pair bought already
        "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

Comment

Double life eh?
          No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Originally posted by Doktor View Post
            Double life eh?
            1. Well managed single life
            2. Lack of understanding on part of family

Ques: "Where are you going?"
            Ans: "To XYZ Sporting store, to pick up some swim goggles for you (and also to check if the background check has come in)"

Ques: "What is that in your hand" (pointing to the scope I am carrying)
            Ans: A telescope, want to see the stars

Eventually, of course, I come up clean. But the time to get angry has gone past as I point out that I had acquire the piece a while back :)

Comment

Where is it written you have to tell the wife about everything you buy?

Nice shotgun BTW.
              Removing a single turd from the cesspool doesn't make any difference.

Comment

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
                Where is it written you have to tell the wife about everything you buy?
                Col. Yu's "Manual of Marriage", right before the chapter "Buy shoes when it rains, and when it doesn't" :) :)

Comment

I'm divorced.
                  Chimo

Comment

I'm divorced.
                    But you still want me to buy my wife shoes for some reason (which is a pain, she has rather oddly shaped feet)

Comment

Originally posted by antimony View Post
                      But you still want me to buy my wife shoes for some reason (which is a pain, she has rather oddly shaped feet)
                      Why should you suffer any less than what I did?
                      Chimo

Comment

Why should you suffer any less than what I did?
                        Because I had the good sense to hide my shit better :)

Comment

So, will you affix an M7 or M9 bayonet?

Comment

Originally posted by antimony View Post
                            Because I had the good sense to hide my shit better :)
                            So why are you still buying shoes then?
                            Chimo

Comment

True story, my Wife had 2 pairs of shoes when we met.

She now has 20.

False advertising, I say.

Congrats on the new addition, antimony!
                              "The great questions of the day will not be settled by means of speeches and majority decisions but by iron and blood"-Otto Von Bismarck

Comment

Working...
                              X