Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A Mossy Affair

Quote Originally Posted by gunnut View Post
    You still have gaping holes in your 12 ga. collection. You need a semi and a coach gun.
    No I need a proper carry gun. Here, fixed, a 9MM w/o the manual safety , just picked it up this Saturday

How do you like it ? :D
    Name:  Shield.jpg
Views: 349
Size:  213.7 KB
    "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

It;s offical, I am now a dinosaur.

Me, leading a team of largely new, freshly minted young constables on a search warrant, standing in the background, providing advice and a few 'helpful suggestions' to some very keen but green young officers.

One of them - 'sir we've found an (illegal) pistol.'

Me, walking into the room and inspecting said firearm (a .38 S&W revolver) undisturbed and untouched in its original location (tick, by the book). 'Well then video it in situ, make it safe and seize it'.

Shiny young constable in question, 'Sir I don't know what it is, how do you make if safe?'

Me:('Dinosaur moment unfolding before my eyes as I realize these guys have never seen or dealt with anything other than pistols ) ....... OK watch what I do.

I sooooo need to retire.
    Last edited by Monash; 12 Nov 16, at 10:47.

Quote Originally Posted by Monash View Post
    Me, leading a team of largely new, freshly minted young constables on a search warrant, standing in the background, providing advice and a few 'helpful suggestions' to some very keen but green young officers.

Me, walking into the room and inspecting said firearm (a .38 S&W revolver) undisturbed and untouched in its original location (tick, by the book). 'Well then video it in situ, make it safe and seize it'.

Shiny young constable in question, 'Sir I don't know what it is, how do you make if safe?'

Me:('Dinosaur moment unfolding before my eyes as I realize these guys have never seen or dealt with anything other than pistols ) ....... OK watch what I do.

I sooooo need to retire.
    Thank goodness it was not a black powder revolver! They would be on their smart phones for the next hour trying to figure out what they should do!?

Quote Originally Posted by Monash View Post

I sooooo need to retire.
    You need to call in Gunnut or me. Better yet, send it to me for "inspection" and "safe storage"
    "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

Sounds like the wisdom of old age just trumped the exuberance of youth yet again.
    Removing a single turd from the cesspool doesn't make any difference.

After testing the winds, my state, filled with liberals in the state legislature and a liberal governor, may do an end run around the 2nd Amendment via a california like ban on "high capacity" magazine sales. Suck it sisters as my package came in today. 10 "standard capacity" 30 round magazines for my AR-15's and 5 more for my SA-58, and 4 25 round magazines for my .22 Now the stock up on ammo will soon commence.
    Removing a single turd from the cesspool doesn't make any difference.

Thread Information