IAF refuellers in town!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IAF refuellers in town!!

Hello people, I'm back after a break!!...or shall I say back with a "bang." Jus kiddin. Anyways, for the first time the IAF has publicly displayed it's IL-78 refuelling tankers. One of these pictures now adorns the background of my desktop! :smoke Whoever said that the MKIs were gounded??!!:roll

A Jaguar IM of No.6 Squadrons takes it turn in a practice refuelling sortie.

Two Sukhoi-30 MKIs of No.20 Squadron hook up to the Illyushin 78 tanker of the Battle Cry squadron.

Another view of the Tanker with two of the Sukhois. This time, the port side drogue is vacant and the center drogue is occupied by one of the aircraft.

Pilots view of approaching the air to air refuelling drogues. Two MKIs are captured in this photograph thru the cockpit of a third aircraft flying below the formation.

Nice

Nice pics dude !

:smoke

Comment

Dunno why, but I always thought the IL-76 Candid (and the A-50 Mainstay AWACs variant) is a damn fine looking aircraft.
      Say what you will about the Russians, they sure do make 'em pretty. I also loooove that big red star on the tails of Russian aircraft. I'm glad that they (mostly) still have it.
      Attached Files
      “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

I feel the same way when I see the blue star of the IAF.

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

lol being anti semiitic (sorry ross)

lol i dont like that symbol...my grandma was from palestine.

Dont take it the wrong way Ross.

I think you're funny (your quote)

Comment

I ahve flown many times in an IL 76. An excellent aircraft. However, it is fuel guzzler.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

IRONIC! A fuel guzzler being a tanker!

if irony was a strawberry

we'd all be having a bunch of smoothies

quote, from south park.

Comment

Candid Fuel Consumption. 9,000 Kg/hr.
                Boeing 747-400 10,230 kgs/hr

I guess its pretty much same.

BTW :wacko
                Concord Fuel Consumption (at Full Re-heated power), 22500 kgs/hr

Hope we get the picture.
                Last edited by BruteGorilla; 23 Oct 03,, 12:54.
                FIDSNS

Comment

Well, I think the russians are great designers. Their main problem is funds. They still have a few syatems that are far better than the american counterparts. Like in missile technology and missile defence. Hoever, americans are far ahead in electronics and avionics as you would call them in aviation industry.

Thats why India is trying to get the best of both worlds. If you look at Su 30 MKI, it has the rugged russian body, israeli avionics, french components and Indian software.

Same can be seen with the new MBT's, ATV's, Carrier groups and missile technology.

India, I guess learnt it late, that the new world is about integration of several systems, partnerships with like minded people and develop technology for mutual intrests.
                  __________________________________________________ ________
                  US, India and Israel. Together we will defeat terrorism.
                  I prefer communists to islamic terrorists, atleast I know where my enemy is!

Comment

Here is a real refeuling mission...

http://www.af.mil/media/photodb/phot...-9629J-010.jpg
                    http://www.af.mil/media/photodb/phot...-9629J-011.jpg

Refeuling Raptor
                    http://www.af.mil/media/photodb/phot...-3488S-045.jpg

Off Topic but...

MY RAPTOR TRUMPS YOUR SU-30MKI
                    Last edited by Praxus; 04 Jan 04,, 21:34.

Comment

Is that the F-22 or the F/A-22? Is there really a difference?
                      Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

It's the same aircraft, they just renamed it F/A-22 because of it's obvious ground attack role in adition to it's air supperiority role.

Comment

To Praxus

I do not disagree that Raptor is a better aircraft than Su30-
                          MKI. You are comparing apples and oranges. MKI is a 4th generation aircraft and Raptor is 5th Generation.

May be when PAK-FA comes out, we could compare the two.

And yes, those air-refueling pictures are great :)
                          Last edited by sam0001; 04 Jan 04,, 23:06.
                          __________________________________________________ ________
                          US, India and Israel. Together we will defeat terrorism.
                          I prefer communists to islamic terrorists, atleast I know where my enemy is!

Comment

I was just being facetious.

Comment

Praxus's top two pictures don't show any refuelling :)
                              at

Comment

Working...
                              X