Duterte

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mithridates View Post
    That may be the analyst's delicate way of saying that Duterte is bought and paid for. The principal question is whether he'll stay bought. Beijing could theoretically unmask him. But that woud merely highlight the risks of taking Beijing's cash.
    Heh then Beijing will just have to grin & bear it otherwise their corrupt network of leaders on the take around the world gets jumpy.

Comment

• I see that there are lots of uninformed comments here about Duterte and Philippine politics in general. To set things straight, Duterte is neither bought or bribed by the Chinese, he is simply resisting American attempts to use the Philippines as a sort of expendable live human shield aka pawn in its campaign to eliminate China. In short, Duterte can see through the United States’ twisted plot in East Asia and he does not intend to play a part of it.

Comment

• I never thought this way. This is a refreshing perspective from someone so new in here. So, Philippines gets squeezed in between?

Please, go in here, and introduce yourself. Tell us about yourself, what you do, where you are from, are you married, are you veg/non-veg, what is your fashion statement, favourite perfume etcetera.
        Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

• Originally posted by Oracle View Post
          I never thought this way. This is a refreshing perspective from someone so new in here. So, Philippines gets squeezed in between?
          Unlike previous Philippine Presidents, Duterte has set himself to be completely different compared to the country's past leaders who seem very concerned for their "Reputation" and "Public Image" which made them easy target for character assassination and mudslinging. Because of this, he has no problem voicing out his views and opinions about the country's domestic and foreign policies. He has been especially critical of the United States meddling and interference with his handling of drug related cases in the Philippines. He is the kind of leader who does not like "being told to" on how to do his job or how he should run his own country. Because of the US' constant criticisms of his policies, he felt it would be better to develop closer relations with other BIG global players like China and Russia. This way, he will be in a better position when dealing with the United States. To be frank, the US should sometimes learn how to Shut its mouth and let its Allies do their own business and run their affairs without hearing commands from Washington on how they should do things.

Comment

• 'LET'S BOMB EVERYTHING': PHILIPPINES PRESIDENT DUTERTE URGES U.S. TO DECLARE WAR ON CHINA

Jeez! What a whacked up moron.
            Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

• Jeez! What a whacked up moron.
              Take it easy. I know that Duterte always strike your nerve but he is a Great leader and will continue his work to humiliate the US until they pay up. BTW why do you continue to allow yourself to be a pro American stooge? Do you even live in Singapore? Perhaps you are not an ethnic Chinese Singaporean?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pnoy View Post
                I know that Duterte always strike your nerve but he is a Great leader and will continue his work to humiliate the US until they pay up.
                Considering 99.5% of Americans don't know who Duterte is, I doubt any elected officials in the US are going to be feeling any pressure from their constituents to go along with anything Duterte wants. I would surmise that 80% of Americans don't know the Philippines even exist.

It's not really a matter of Americans being stupid, it's just a general human tendency not to notice things that are irrelevant, and not a factor in the greater scheme of things.
                "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

• It's not really a matter of Americans being stupid, it's just a general human tendency not to notice things that are irrelevant, and not a factor in the greater scheme of things.
                  Nice try lol! If the Philippines is as irrelevant as you suggest then why the Hell is the US hellbent on interfering with our internal politics and trying to pressure the government to pursue hostile policies against China huh?? Why don't you Americans just FVCK OFF? The Chinese brings good money and business in the Philippines and they are also pushing the Muzzies out of Business which is a Win win situation for us.

Comment

• What the fuck are you talking about. The Chinese just killed 23 of your citizens and your Great Leader is still kissing Chinese ass.
                    You are misinformed. There has been ZERO deaths in the boat incident. Where do you get your news from? CNN? lol

Comment

You are misinformed. There has been ZERO deaths in the boat incident. Where do you get your news from? CNN? lol
                      I stand corrected but your great leader is still a slime ass wannabe. He ain't no Great Leader and no one gives a fuck what he thinks. Not Trump. Not Xi. Not anyone. Most certainly not Canadians nor Americans. We don't give a fuck what he thinks of himself
                      Chimo

Comment

• I stand corrected but your great leader is still a slime ass wannabe. He ain't no Great Leader and no one gives a fuck what he thinks. Not Trump. Not Xi. Not anyone. Most certainly not Canadians nor Americans. We don't give a fuck what he thinks of himself
                        You dont get the BIG Point though. Of all the Philippine presidents in History. Nobody acted like Duterte. Everyone played nice, said nice things Blah Blah Blah. Where is the thrill in all these things?? Now here comes Duterte doing something Different. He is like an actor who is breaking free from the usual BORING scripts. Now this is the kind of NEW material that I want to see. This is why he us VERY POPULAR among Filipinos right now. Because he is Different and dont resort to the usual lame and boring politician behaviour. Do you get it now?

Comment

You dont get the BIG Point though. Of all the Philippine presidents in History. Nobody acted like Duterte. Everyone played nice, said nice things Blah Blah Blah. Where is the thrill in all these things?? Now here comes Duterte doing something Different. He is like an actor who is breaking free from the usual BORING scripts. Now this is the kind of NEW material that I want to see. This is why he us VERY POPULAR among Filipinos right now. Because he is Different and dont resort to the usual lame and boring politician behaviour. Do you get it now?
                          WHO THE FUCK CARES!

We didn't give a fuck when Marcos and Aquino went at it. We don't give a fuck now. Blah, blah, blah he's the greatest President in PH history. No one outside of the PH gives a fuck about your history and apparently, neither do you.
                          Chimo

Comment

• We didn't give a fuck when Marcos and Aquino went at it. We don't give a fuck now. Blah, blah, blah he's the greatest President in PH history. No one outside of the PH gives a fuck about your history and apparently, neither do you.
                            We wouldn't be in an argument like this if only you Americans cleared up the Muzzie problem in the Philippines way back in 1906. Now we are forced to look to China for stability.

Comment

Take it easy. I know that Duterte always strike your nerve but he is a Great leader and will continue his work to humiliate the US until they pay up. BTW why do you continue to allow yourself to be a pro American stooge? Do you even live in Singapore? Perhaps you are not an ethnic Chinese Singaporean?
                              I am Japanese.

Comment

• I am Japanese.
                                Oh, you should have said earlier. Last year I bought a DNA test kit and I was surprised that I have 10% Japanese ethnicity. I have been a Big fan of Japan since childhood and despite some incidents during world war II I firmly believe that Japan had no choice but to resort to extreme measures to fight for its survival. It is quite sad to see how Japan has become a vassal of America after WWII but with the emergence of the Nippon Kaigi and its strong and growing influence in Japanese politics, I am positive that certain mistakes can be corrected in the very near future and Japan will eventually take back its dignity and be proud to embrace its identity once again.

Comment

Working...
                                X