Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mihais View Post
    http://www.haber7.com/foto-galeri/39...-komutanlar/p1

Some photos of those arrested and the events.Lots of stars,plenty of colonels.Pretty widespread units and commands held by the putchists,but so much easier for the CI to get wind of the coup.
    It took likely 2-3 years for all those officers to organize a coup in secret.Funny thing is a few weeks ago,Turkish COS declared in public the rumours of a coup are unfounded.

Too bad they did not killed the scumbag while he was in Istanbul.That was the key.
    Isn't the objective of a coup is to first take the leader (Erodgan) down? A very badly planned coup, even Pakistan does better. I also suspect a planted mole.
    Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

Originally posted by astralis View Post
      lol, even tho US interests with Turkey pretty much just extends to anti-ISIS cooperation, somehow again this is either the fault of the US for supporting a coup or supporting Erdogan, can't tell which it is.

what a mess. the coup did not seem very well planned at all.
      Of course it is US fault in both cases. Who else self promotes to a world cop and a world leader?
      No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Might be a more multilayered thing. Kemalists preparing for a coup, government passively steering it while placing important assets where the coup won't get at them. Couple hints in that direction, such as energy suppliers cutting power to military bases. That one suddenly makes a lot of sense if you want to keep the general military in place and out of the picture where they can't join either side while selected units play out their part.

Comment

we have strong suspicions about this "coup" being a hoax
          Or just a bad plan and limited support inside higher levels of the security forces.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1986%E..._coup_attempts
          https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1982_K...%A9tat_attempt
          https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_C...%A9tat_attempt
          To sit down with these men and deal with them as the representatives of an enlightened and civilized people is to deride ones own dignity and to invite the disaster of their treachery - General Matthew Ridgway

Comment

Generally odd and somewhat 'fishy' business all round. You do NOT (presuming you are sane) start a coup with two Battalions I would have thought... You DO grab the President, PM and Cabinet (even the Muscovites grabbed Gorby). I am unsure of how many of the TV/radio stations were taken over but you also HAVE to get your line out on air - and re-assure people - and prevent the Government doing so. You also need to control transport hubs to stop any bugger getting away or to stop people opposed to your plans from gathering. Nor do I see it as in any wise to activate such an attempt at such a time - as Big K says (glad you are safe friend). Activate it early morning on a normal working day and no need to hold the bridges etc... most people are asleep and just wake up to a new Government and reassurance messages on the TV/radio etc. You also have be prepared to disperse crowds... with force if necessary; not shoot over their heads; Berkut in Ukraine were far more rigorous. There must be some suspicion at least that this was a 'false flag' op or inspired by Government 'agent provacteurs'.

Of course we shall never know what these Officers may have done, personally I doubt they were connected to Gulen, from what limited utterances they did get out they seem more of the traditional Kemalist secularists. They may have proved a better bunch than Erdogan and his corrupt pals and family... they may not; we shall never know.

Comment

Interesting, these false flag allegations are going on on Russian media. I mean since we are in the CT domain to moot the water a bit.

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Considering the crowd of defenders of democracy,they were light years ahead.

Keep in mind that Erdogan went to kiss Putin's hand not a month ago.Now they're talking of the Russian jet being downed by some of the putchists.And a Turk Minister openly accused the US of being instigator of the coup.

If this fvcker wins it,and it looks that way,we're in a world of pain.The only chance now resides in the crowd that went 3 years ago to Taksim square and the remaining military.It depends whether the sight of jihadists killing troops detters or emboldens them.
                Having bearded ISIS scum beating soldiers and officers is humiliation that might wake up many.Problem is many thousands officers are already under arrest,so the question is if there is anyone left to wake up.
                So,the only realistic chance is for civvies to start massive protests and the remaining sane units of the army to join them.Which is de facto civil war,the very thing the putchists tried to avoid.
                Those who know don't speak
                He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

Comment

Kerim might correct me, but as far as I undarstand, there is Erdo's AK with half of the electorate behind, some non secular dude hiding abroad and the rest... So, whoever wins, Turkey ain't secular. Also, if this is what the Turks want, fuck it, let them have what they want. Wanna be IRI or KSA, fine.

Comment

I'm inclined to believe that a section of these officers were guided to execute such a poorly planned coup just so the purges could begin..
                    Cow is the only animal that not only inhales oxygen, but also exhales it.
                    -Rekha Arya, Former Minister of Animal Husbandry

Comment

Dok,well,the rest matters.The sane folks.If they are going IRI,we're also back to 1360.Wanna have the next 500 years of singing songs of defiance and playing kumit in the mountains?
                      He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

Comment

Originally posted by Mihais View Post
                        Dok,well,the rest matters.The sane folks.If they are going IRI,we're also back to 1360.Wanna have the next 500 years of singing songs of defiance and playing kumit in the mountains?
                        Isn't it the core of democracy - majority rules?

Comment

Originally posted by Tronic View Post
                          I'm inclined to believe that a section of these officers were guided to execute such a poorly planned coup just so the purges could begin..
                          In all fairness, been over 20 years since the last coup.

Comment

Bro,elections alone are not democracy.Democracy is a core of rules and institutions,beside voting.
                            Democracy as it is Turkey now is an empty word.

There were elections even in commie regimes.I don't know who was voting,but the Party was always voted with 95%.

Comment

Never figured who won the 5%.

Look, I'm tired of hearing about rigged elections at home. For two years, same 400 people march trough Skopje saying every elections where N. Gruevski participates are rigged.

Not happy with what happens in your country, go out or stfu. Staying home safe never changed a thing. Erdoganists yesterday flooded the streets and jumped on the tanks.

Comment

"Force, my friends, is violence. The supreme authority from which all other authorities derive."

Comment

Working...
                                X