No announcement yet.

2016 Turkish Coup Attempt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's the remains of the govt. who is claiming it's Gulen, I'd take that particular bit as suspect at the moment.
    In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Unsubstantiated claims are that the heads of Army and Air Force are backing the coup while Navy does not and is currently in preparation to depart bases for unknown targets.

Comment

Originally posted by kato View Post
        Unsubstantiated claims are that the heads of Army and Air Force are backing the coup while Navy does not and is currently in preparation to depart bases for unknown targets.
        Where, France?

Leibniz

Comment

Take care of yourself Big K
          “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
            yup

Leibniz

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
              Originally posted by Parihaka View Post
              yup
              Thank you my friends.

i am at the most western point of Istanbul so we are away from it thanks God.

seems that things are now under control by erdogan's forces... he can now play "champion of democracy" and be a president...
              Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none; be able for thine enemy rather in power than use; and keep thy friend under thine own life's key; be checked for silence, but never taxed for speech.

Comment

Originally posted by Big K View Post
                Thank you my friends.

seems that things are now under control by erdogan's forces... he can now play "champion of democracy" and be a president...
                Good to hear you are safe. Take care.

Comment

Originally posted by Big K View Post
                  Thank you my friends.

Really? The main police barracks have been seized by the coup plotters and the police disarmed, who has retaken Istanbul? Another faction of the army?

Leibniz

Comment

NATO did
                    No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

You are pulling my leg, right?

Leibniz

Comment

Reports are conflicting right now but it seems there are two factions of the army. The coup faction might be fairly small.

Comment

Originally posted by Parihaka View Post
                          You are pulling my leg, right?
                          F-16 downed a chopper with the plotters. NFZ is imposed over Ankara, Obama says respect the elected... You tell me
                          No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Originally posted by Doktor View Post
                            F-16 downed a chopper with the plotters. NFZ is imposed over Ankara, Obama says respect the elected... You tell me
                            Tanks firing on parliament? Seems more a media war than anything at the moment

Leibniz

Comment

There's reports of a chopper still firing on government and military buildings in Ankara.

Erdogans private jet was doing weird holding patterns over the marmara sea before it finally landed at Ataturk airport. Reports of tanks on the way to Ataturk airport too. Various factions of the Turkish military have come out against the coup, and most telling, all parties, MHP, CHP etc have all come out as STRONGLY AGAINST the coup and decrying it.

Coup seems to be finished. Erdogan is really going to benefit a lot from this if he comes through.

Comment

Yup. media war. A couple of journalists start up TV to encourage people onto the streets ala Erdogans demand, then promptly get shut down again by soldiers.

Meanwhile, from the BBC

A European Union source tells the Reuters news agency: "It looks like a relatively well orchestrated coup by a substantial body of the military, not just a few colonels." "They control several strategic points in Istanbul. Given the scale of the operation, it is difficult to imagine they will stop short of prevailing," the source adds.

Leibniz

Comment

Working...
                                X