Kashmir unrest 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kashmir unrest 2016

Death toll reaches 37 and more than 2,000 injured in protests following Burhan wani death.

http://indianexpress.com/article/ind...ed-37-2912844/

NEW DELHI — Patients, some with severe eye trauma, have overrun hospitals in the Indian-administered part of Kashmir, doctors said on Wednesday, after security forces used pellet guns to break up demonstrations that have shaken the region.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/14/wo...ndia.html?_r=0

I am afraid without political solution to the Kashmir Problem,this region will continue to bleed but still indian leaders and armed forces are not interested in solving the Kashmir issue.

BBC report on the recent unrest in Kashmir

"We in India wasted so many years in containing the Kashmir militancy," writes Amarjit Singh Dulat, the former chief of Research and Analysis Wing (RAW), India's leading external intelligence agency, in his recent memoirs. "And once it was contained, we sat back and were happy with the status quo, instead of taking advantage of the situation to forge a political solution."
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-36781277

Comment

Indian armed forces are not interested in solving the issue?

That would equal "Indian military commanders look forward to more deaths among their lines". I call a BS.

Moreover, they can't do much without a political backing.
      No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Originally posted by barangai View Post
        I am afraid without political solution to the Kashmir Problem,this region will continue to bleed but still indian leaders and armed forces are not interested in solving the Kashmir issue.

BBC report on the recent unrest in Kashmir

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-36781277
        The issue would stop when Pak Army & ISI stops breeding terrorists and keeps sneaking them inside Indian territory.
        Last edited by Oracle; 14 Jul 16,, 14:50.
        Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

Burhan Wani was a Hizbul Mujahideen terrorist, which is under ISI patronage. Security forces did a very good job eliminating him. All terrorists whether home grown or Pak created, fed, trained, armed will meet the same fate. I strongly criticize the GoIs decision to hand over the body of the pig to be buried in Kashmir. His body should have been wrapped in pig's fat and cremated. No 72 homos in the afterlife then.

About the unrest - romanticizing and supporting terrorists in the valley is nothing new. Life gets back to normal in a couple of days. Pak army & ISI's plan fails each time, as the incident doesn't linger for more than a couple of days. And those who are involved in these nefarious activities had every opportunity to migrate to Pakistan in 1948 and the subsequent years, heck these people are equally responsible for the genocide against Kashmiri Pandits as much as Pak Army created terrorist groups. Go against the state, and get killed. This is not about human rights, as terrorists do not deserve that, and people who make a martyr of a terrorist by damaging public property and killing security forces are legitimate targets of the Indian security forces.
          Last edited by Oracle; 14 Jul 16,, 14:24.
          Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

Pakistan did complain to the UN, and the Indian response was - Pakistan uses terrorism as state policy, India tells UN. Not that India needs to clarify anything, as the civilized world now knows the nature of double dealing Pakistan.

Also, 'Cynical' and 'misguided': India hits back at Pakistan for raising Kashmir at UN

Comment

And, India hits back at Pak again, says it is 'fanning discontent' in Kashmir

US State Department said it is an internal Indian issue.

Meanwhile, General Raheel condemns brutal killing of Kashmiri youth by Indian authorities. I feel the pain, the pet slave got killed.

Comment

Originally posted by Doktor View Post
                Indian armed forces are not interested in solving the issue?

That would equal "Indian military commanders look forward to more deaths among their lines". I call a BS.

Moreover, they can't do much without a political backing.
                The Indian political establishment have been stabbed in the back every time they tried reaching out to the Paks. Vajpayee was on a Pak trip, we got Kargil. Modi touched down to meet Sharif in Pak, we were rewarded with Pathankot attack. We got 26/11, numerous attacks of Pak sponsored terrorism. 100s of civilians and security forces dead.

And Dok, unlike Pak, the Indian security forces have to follow Government diktat. There's no doubt about it. But, how much is enough?

Comment

Oracle,

My point exactly. Armed forces follow suits. Saying they don't have will or interest to solve it is a big bunch of crock IMHO.

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Nothing un-ordinary.

The events are familiar and normal to the valley - its way of life. The indian military operates in kashmir primarily because of pakistan. The common misunderstanding is that the administration and the police are trying to "fix" kashmir.

Indian provinces do not run on the prospects(or the implosion) of kashmir valley - unlike pakistan. If kashmir wants to "fix" itself, then it'll have to do that itself - new delhi is not going to do it for them. This PoV from the other side is alien and incognizant to the pakistani military and intelligence.
                    Last edited by anil; 14 Jul 16,, 17:41.

Comment

Oracle,

My point exactly. Armed forces follow suits. Saying they don't have will or interest to solve it is a big bunch of crock IMHO.
                      The bold part is partly true. It's true in case of democratic countries like US/West/India, not Pakistan. Which is why you see the US/China/Afghan talking to the Pak Army for action. India does not, because the GoI knows that the rot stems from the Pak Army. Not that US doesn't know, they know it all very well.

Comment

Some more news for your reading pleasure.

Vicious criticism of Pakistan by US Congress panel

Enlist Pakistan as state sponsor of terrorism: US Congress committee

U.S. Congress panel demands cutting of all assistance to Pakistan

This was yesterday. I'm gonna create a new thread with this, making sure these jewels don't fade away inside threads as posts.

Comment

Violence in Kashmir will escalate, warns LeT terrorist Hafiz Saeed

The pig squeaks from its pigsty provided by the Pak Army.

Comment

If Captain LT was around, his insight would be great. Hope he is well.

Comment

If Captain LT was around, his insight would be great. Hope he is well.
                              Don't worry, I'm sure he is doing just fine. He did talk about taking up an assignment in the Middle-East. Serving officers like DCL hardly comment. :-) There's no need, all information is open source and Pak have been caught with it's pants down 100s of times.

Comment

Working...
                              X