No announcement yet.

New purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

According to their website they also sell a basic stripped down version without the heat guard and fixed front post.

Of course living in Kalifornia none of this concerns me =X

Comment

Most of the factory single stage triggers are not very good. Rock River two stage triggers are pretty good but Geissele triggers are excellent!

Comment

And now there are two. Just picked up a second Colt 6920. It has a different magpul for grip whjich is longer and covers up the front sling attachment so I am not sure as to the best way to add a sling. Going to the range on Saturday to try out the new one. As a side note. I found out that the clinton gun ban cost me $1000.00. My AK's, (SAR3's) that I am going to sell had to be neutererd to be legal, and all those missing parts now cut the value in half. Looking into the cost effectiveness of tracking down and putting those parts back on then selling at full price vs just making a small profit and walking away. Might be a risky investment. Depending on the winds and voters whims come November, I could sell the Ak's and retire or get stuck with a couple of high priced boat anchers.
        Removing a single turd from the cesspool doesn't make any difference.

Comment

The compact foregrip requires the deletion of the forward swivel, so if you would take note that MagPul also sells attachments that affix to one of the cooling slots in the forearm to attach accessories including things as a sling attachment. Or flashlight, laser, etc. etc.

Comment

Originally posted by surfgun View Post
            The compact foregrip requires the deletion of the forward swivel, so if you would take note that MagPul also sells attachments that affix to one of the cooling slots in the forearm to attach accessories including things as a sling attachment. Or flashlight, laser, etc. etc.

Yeah. I have a magpul on the first rifle but it was made to keep the forward swivel so I never thought to look that closely at the second rifle. I went to a store that had some magpul attatchments but I ran into the wall as to WHICH exact style I actually had as they make different styles and according to the guy behind the counter not every attachment works with every style. . Worse case is that I can install a hand guard that is similar to the first rifle. Just looking at all the options. The odd thing is that it really wouldnt be difficult to engineer a ring that would work with the origional swival. All things consicered this is a minor bump in the road.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1179.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	743.3 KB
ID:	1469053;) 100yards, scoped of course. I took the second one out for a spin. Not quite where I want the point of impact but I ran out of time. The trigger is better than the first. Cant wait to get both broken in.

Comment

Nice group. What is the twist of your barrel? load?

Comment

The Colts come in 1 in 9 twist. The load is Black hills 52 Gr Match Hollow point .223 I need a dear load that groups like that. Most of the time the diet is whatever 5.56x45 I can buy by the case for sale.

Comment

My Colt has done well with up to 75 grain Hornady rounds out to either 500 or 600 meters. I don't think I have tried any 77 grain rounds in that rifle.

Comment

Working...
                    X