X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Give us the like button
    No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveDaPirate View Post
      Lots of this sort of sentiment among the younger folks.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]41649[/ATTACH]
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]41650[/ATTACH]
      There is a reason why they can't vote.

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Originally posted by citanon View Post
        The fundamental issue here is that the EU governing bodies and institutions they are structured are insufficiently democratic to be a true federal government for Europe. Originally this was to protect national interests but over the course of more recent years the bureaucrats governing the EU has taken advantage to enact regulations and policies and grab power without being responsive to the concerns of the citizens of member countries. In other words the EU has gone rogue and cannot be sustained in its current structure.

Already the Eurocrats are closing ranks to protect the EU's authority but they are doing so in a bubble. The national government leaders of France and Germany are already abandoning them and the sharks are circling. At the end if the day if the EU is to survive the entire crop of current EU leaders will have to go and the governance structure will need to be fundamentally reformed.

In the long run this vote will be good for both Britain and Europe.
        Now wasn't the EU formed after WWII to foster economic cooperation between the countries with such cooperation diminishing the odds of war again. However, today, the EU seems to be more of economic assimilation of the countries under it's own umbrella. Sounds like the Borg.

On another note I am not sure this vote is over. Being a referendum it could still be blocked by MPs since a majority wanted to stay if I am not mistaken. It isn't over till the fat lady sings.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-...endum-36574526

German article but don't see much about reforms to the EU

http://www.spiegel.de/international/...a-1099608.html
        Last edited by tbm3fan; 24 Jun 16,, 18:46.

Comment

those childish losers are truly losing their mind. They even run an "analysis" to show poorer and older people vote leave, and because the old people have lower number of years to live with the decision, somehow that makes the decision unfair. Some even suggested weighted vote or forbid people above a certain age to vote! Disgusting!

Last edited by drhuy; 24 Jun 16,, 18:56.

Comment

Originally posted by tbm3fan View Post
            Now wasn't the EU formed after WWII to foster economic cooperation between the countries with such cooperation diminishing the odds of war again. However, today, the EU seems to be more of economic assimilation of the countries under it's own umbrella. Sounds like the Borg.

On another note I am not sure this vote is over. Being a referendum it could still be blocked by MPs since a majority wanted to stay if I am not mistaken. It isn't over till the fat lady sings.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-...endum-36574526

German article but don't see much about reforms to the EU

http://www.spiegel.de/international/...a-1099608.html
            Torries will appoint a leave prime minister to lead the negotiations. Don't bet on someone trying to fool majority of Brits.

Comment

Originally posted by snapper View Post
              Next Scotland will want another independence vote - Germany gets full control of the continent... it is an appalling miscalculation the consequence of which are only dark.
              What about Northern Ireland? they voted to stay EU as well. Might this reignite a unification fight?

Tankie, you sober yet?
              Last edited by Albany Rifles; 24 Jun 16,, 19:11.
              “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
              Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post
                What about Northern Ireland? they voted to stay EU as well. Might this reignite a unification fight?

Tankie, you sober yet?
                Yup ,hic hic ,,sinn fein have already sprouted about reunification moves ?
                Last edited by tankie; 24 Jun 16,, 19:35.

Comment

Originally posted by tbm3fan View Post
                  I noticed that and it was the only part of Britain that voted in. I would guess it was due to the wide variety of people in London proper as compared to the rest of Britain. Heavy immigrant vote for in?
                  Liverpool Manchester and surrounding boroughs all voted in as well mate ,, there is now a post doing the rounds on F/B calling for a new vote , ffs , its over , live with it , although a very close run thing , thats it but i wont be surprised at some skullduggery being afoot .

Heres a post i swiped off f/b .

It's Started already!
                  FB littered with posts declaring that anyone who voted Out to be 'f*****g morons, idiots, dumb assess' etc, etc, etc.
                  This is one of the major problems that we face in society in the current era which if I recall happened last time round from Labour supporters when the Conservatives won in the recent general election.
                  A society that is not tolerant or respectful of other peoples opinions, views or beliefs and thus resorting to personal insults because the result didn't go their way.
                  People are not necessarily 'morons', they just have a different view to you! Rightly or wrongly.
                  Please remember that many of these people are your friends & family who you have loved and respected for years before this referendum & result!
                  It's no point in dwelling on what 'may' or 'may not' happen now!
                  The votes have been cast, the results are in.
                  No need to lower yourselves. You're all better than that!

Comment

Originally posted by drhuy View Post
                    those childish losers are truly losing their mind. They even run an "analysis" to show poorer and older people vote leave, and because the old people have lower number of years to live with the decision, somehow that makes the decision unfair. Some even suggested weighted vote or forbid people above a certain age to vote! Disgusting!
                    Actually facts... you think I want to see a worse war? Tankie's generation have potentially endangered mine and the younger one. They have almost certainly destroyed the UK. Even that idiot Farage was breaking promises asap "It was a mistake to say we could spend more on the NHS"...Who is the next PM? Boris Johnson? Are you kidding???? Is the PM job exclusively for the Bullingdon Club - people who wreck restaurants and who's parents pay? Now they want their children to pay too?

Comment

• Not sure how you are endangered but there is an entire continent on the other side of the ocean backing you up. Not sure if your nukes aren't working, but you can borrow some of ours. How many carriers do you need? We have more in dock than all of the EU combined, we can send a couple....
                      "The great questions of the day will not be settled by means of speeches and majority decisions but by iron and blood"-Otto Von Bismarck

Comment

• Originally posted by snapper View Post
                        Actually facts... you think I want to see a worse war?
                        Actual facts, you have absolutely no idea the kind of war we were prepared to fight. So, don't even go there. It was our generation that collapsed the USSR and allowed Eastern Europe to earn their freedoms.

Tankie more than earned his vote. You can thank him for giving you yours.

Tankie's generation have potentially endangered mine and the younger one.
                        He did no such thing. He gave you a future where the UK stands on her own, not grovelling for scraps in Bonn.

They have almost certainly destroyed the UK.
                        Horse puckey. Or is your generation too lazy to make this work?

Even that idiot Farage was breaking promises asap "It was a mistake to say we could spend more on the NHS"...Who is the next PM? Boris Johnson? Are you kidding???? Is the PM job exclusively for the Bullingdon Club - people who wreck restaurants and who's parents pay? Now they want their children to pay too?
                        Move to Germany then.
                        Chimo

Comment

• And the US will wait for another Pearl Harbour courtesy of China before it commits to a European war, which as I say is now more likely than it was previously. Putin, the Iranian Ayatollahs and the Kim idiot are laughing. Some of us are already at war.

Comment

• "Tankie more than earned his vote. You can thank him for giving you yours."

:::StandingOvation:::

Comment

• Originally posted by snapper View Post
                              And the US will wait for another Pearl Harbour courtesy of China before it commits to a European war, which as I say is now more likely than it was previously. Putin, the Iranian Ayatollahs and the Kim idiot are laughing. Some of us are already at war.
                              If I were you, I'd go for a prolonged vacation some place warm

Comment

• Fuckin knew it ,, my fault , 72 percent voted and its my fault FFS , ok lets do it again and i will change my vote to remain ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,like fuck,,,,never took you Sarah for a bitter person , but we live n learn .And if it wasnt for that idiot farage ,this referendum would never have happened , you voted ,, you lost ,,live with it here , or move to one of 27 countries still in the EU ,,at the moment that is . Because this corrupt venture is coming tumbling down , awfully sorry young girl for being born before you huh ,,yella ,,bow down n bring vodka heheh
                                Last edited by tankie; 24 Jun 16,, 22:08.

Comment

Working...
                                X